Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You may all be right and I may be wrong :naughty:- I guess that only time will tell.

As I said, it is just this little theory that I have, but so far I believe that it's sort of been proved.

Many of the fans that he has replied to so far have different usernames on twitter than their usernames here or on the blog...Thus making them names that he wouldn't automatically recognise as fans. It seems highly coincidental.

I'm not saying that he is doing this with any negative intention, just that it may be a way for him to openly avoid the whole 'he replied to so and so and want him to reply to me' scenario that may arise between certain people.

I don't know.

Maybe this is just a whole loada crap that I'm writing :roftl:. Who cares

:D I think yours is an interesting observation but IMO its just a mere coincidence and it's too complicated to decide whether replying or not on the basis of the usernames.. and he's an instinctive guy.....but .... as you say only time will tell who's right and who's wrong ;)

I think Sara may be on to something although I can't really say why it makes sense. It's just that I would have expected him to reply to people he "knows" by now, especially since they are the ones who message him most often and generally have the most relevant things to say because they know what he's talking about.

I don't buy this thing about him not responding to people because he doesn't want to cause problems between fans. I can't believe Mika sits around contemplating our petty jealousies and how he must avoid them. He has demonstrated favouritism in far more tangible circumstances than sending out tweets to individuals. That's just life and people have to suck it up. He can't do everything for everyone all the time and I can't imagine he spends a whole lot of time worrying about it.

As someone who has received a direct tweet from him let me just say that I think it's rather meaningless (from his perspective). As Sara pointed out these are names he is unlikely to recognize so it's just names and words on a screen to him. I was more excited about the the fact that he acknowledged his stalking tendencies than the fact that he responded to me per se. It gave me a good laugh and made me think some of my perceptions about Mika are pretty spot on even though I don't "know" him. I'm probably reading way too much into one word, but that's the fun of it. :wink2:

You may all be right and I may be wrong :naughty:- I guess that only time will tell.

As I said, it is just this little theory that I have, but so far I believe that it's sort of been proved.

Many of the fans that he has replied to so far have different usernames on twitter than their usernames here or on the blog...Thus making them names that he wouldn't automatically recognise as fans. It seems highly coincidental.

I'm not saying that he is doing this with any negative intention, just that it may be a way for him to openly avoid the whole 'he replied to so and so and want him to reply to me' scenario that may arise between certain people.

I don't know.

Agree .... has crosses my mind too :thumb_yello:

I don't know.

Well phooey- you'd think you'd have quoted me, when I agreed with you!

I don't know.

Yes that makes sense. He knows that if he replies to so-and-so, others will be jealous. It's probably best if he doesn't reply personally to people who are not his close friends, then no one else will be dissapointed.

I can't figure out twitter at all!! How do u view replies to his messagses and see who he has replied to etc?? I'm so confused haha!!

Ok I'm not on Twitter :mf_rosetinted:, but I've figured out so far that...

- you view his replies on his page

- you can read messages sent to him using the function "search" on the homepage (typing mikasounds)

Is that right? :boxed:

It's just some MySpace thing. Maybe they are updating their own music catalogues because some of it is stuff I don't think Mika ever uploaded and it's not him uploading it now because some of the songs are by other artists with similar names. I wouldn't worry about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if MySpace is one of the last places updated if/when Mika starts distributing new music to fans. We'll probably hear about it through his blog or vlog first.

Yeah, I think that's the only explanation really...

I just think it's a bit weird that it would pop up in updates, when it isn't really an update at all. :naughty: The fact that it said "new music" is what I don't like, it really makes you think it's new when it says Today and all.

I agree though, I doubt if myspace will have news before the blog/twitter or any of the more regularly updated stuff.

I can't figure out twitter at all!! How do u view replies to his messagses and see who he has replied to etc?? I'm so confused haha!!

You can see who he has replied because there is a "@username" before the message.

And the message to which he replies is at the end, in grey.

For example:

@richardquest long live RQ

11:56 AM Apr 5th from web in reply to richardquest

That's a message to richardquest and, if you click on "in reply to richardquest", you can see the message Richard wrote to which Mika has replied.

I don't know if I've clarified your doubts :wink2:

As someone who has received a direct tweet from him let me just say that I think it's rather meaningless (from his perspective). As Sara pointed out these are names he is unlikely to recognize so it's just names and words on a screen to him. I was more excited about the the fact that he acknowledged his stalking tendencies than the fact that he responded to me per se. It gave me a good laugh and made me think some of my perceptions about Mika are pretty spot on even though I don't "know" him. I'm probably reading way too much into one word, but that's the fun of it. :wink2:

To be honest, I do agree. As we all know, my name on Twitter is NOT my real name OR the name I have on this forum. I actually wonder if he would have replied to me if my name was CazGirl LOL!!! Maybe he didn't know who I was! :roftl:

Well phooey- you'd think you'd have quoted me, when I agreed with you!

Sorry Sosi, it wasn't deliberate, LOL. I was a bit rushed and quoting you meant delaying it a little more. Gah, is this what Mika feels? Hehehe, the pressure is intense :crybaby:

I don't know.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head there, I hadn't noticed 'til you said. I would think that's a good possiblity.

As for him replying when he's got something to say, maybe so, but I wouldn't call monosyllibic answers something to say (apart from with Caz, that was being showing good manners).

He has responded to a few people, but I don't think that he will make it a habit.

Also, I get the feeling that he responds to people whose Twatter usernames he doesn't recognise as names that ring a bell for him as belonging to 'fans', if that makes any sense?

I guess that time will tell if I am correct in this or not.

I don't know.

For me, it makes no sense at all.

I don't think he distinguishes fans from no fans if he has something to answer.

He may reply to messages that he finds intereresting, that catch his attention for any reason or to which he has something to say, that's all.

By that logic, why has he answered to PhotoJenic (same nick in both places) or melgo09? Because he doesn't recognise their names? I don't think we need time to tell anything because he has already answer to some "potentially" known MFCers (two out of how many? five or six replies, if I'm not wrong?).

People could try to create an account with a different nick, but they'll still have the same possibilities, in my opinion. If someone hasn't received an answer yet, that's not the reason.

Anyway, I'm sure many fans will probably have one someday. You just have to be patient.

Twitter pulled out my avatar and didn´t want to accept it again. But now it is there again. It´s the twitterghost :shocked:

It's made Siennas pic disappear !!!:blink:

It disappeared last night but now the tea cup is back again!:roftl:

if sara is right that means he never uses the birthday mugs. cuz Melgo's name was on them.:sneaky2:

*tries to stir things up*:fisch:

He answered to Bangbanglou too, she has the same name on both places!:wink2: