Sorry to rub it in (actually, I am enjoying every minute of it :devil: ) but was it on the 28th ? I was to the right of the stage and I think I heard you but then when I am music high my perception is at the same time blurred and enhanced so I may be mistaking what I heard that night and what I watched on utube.

Id3 on acid... that's scary :shocked: !

Cheers,

Id3

It was on the 28th, yes, but I was to the left of the stage (looking towards the stage), on Martin's side, so I doubt that you would have heard me screaming from the other side :naughty:.

You most likely heard me on the video:

It was on the 28th, yes, but I was to the left of the stage (looking towards the stage), on Martin's side, so I doubt that you would have heard me screaming from the other side :naughty:.

I have the mp3 version of that video on my ipod.

You're reaction always makes me smile when I listen to that song. :naughty:

I can't believe I'm just seeing this now for the first time :doh:

How cute:wub2:

Same here, makes me smile too!:wink2:

The surprise and enthusiasm in Sara's voice in that moment is just priceless!:wub2:

I'm fairly sure that first one is most special. And all the stuff you read about addiction is so true where Mika is concerned. I'll just see him once, and once more.... and I won't go to Ireland, except that I would if it was confirmed in time for me to organise...

Ditto - It's the sheer amazement of seeing him so close, so "real", and hearing his voice first hand :wub2:.

Did he? Have you mentioned that before? It seems an oversight on your part :roftl:

*cough* I may have forgotten to mention it, yes *cough*

:roftl:

Aww thanks :huglove:

I can't believe I'm just seeing this now for the first time

How cute

How could you miss it, it was all that I went on about for months :roftl:

Same here, makes me smile too!

The surprise and enthusiasm in Sara's voice in that moment is just priceless!:wub2:

Well, I was incredibly surprised, that is true. It was the last thing on earth that I expected, as I had given him that Tshirt on the 3rd of November, and here he suddenly turns up with it on 28 Feb!! And on stage. I just could NOT believe it.

And later that night when I spoke to him I found out that he wore it a few other times in the US BEFORE Brixton and I hadn't even noticed, hahaha.

To be honest the pictures don't do it justice, as it looked a lot nicer in reality.

It's like a little "Cartoon Mika" character with his red pants, curls and silver shoes and braces :roftl:. Quite a silly and simple concept but he obviously liked it enough to wear it a few times :naughty:.

Ok here a (hopefully) slightly better pic:

Tshirt.jpg

Edited by sariflor

Yeah, even taking into account the sheer power of your voice then :shocked: , I can hardly have heard you.

And you didn't shout 'My Lord', which would have meant you were adressing Mica :wink2: but 'My Goodness'...

The t-shirt did look good on him and made, with its laid back style, a nice -as in 'subtle'- contrast with his smart and shiny jacket :thumb_yello: .

He should have taken you with him to the US, you would have helped him stay away from some outrageous outfits when he was going to parties :naughty: .

Cheers,

Id3

I'm fairly sure that first one is most special. And all the stuff you read about addiction is so true where Mika is concerned. I'll just see him once, and once more.... and I won't go to Ireland, except that I would if it was confirmed in time for me to organise...

I have already booked and organised everything... but then I am Mica mad and music :insane: .

When is Sire going to THINK about how difficult it may be for some of his staunchest fans to free themselves on such short notice :mad: ? He should take a walk to the real world sometimes instead of roaming the Atlas mountains :roll1: !

Cheers,

Id3

Well, I was incredibly surprised, that is true. It was the last thing on earth that I expected, as I had given him that Tshirt on the 3rd of November, and here he suddenly turns up with it on 28 Feb!! And on stage. I just could NOT believe it.

And later that night when I spoke to him I found out that he wore it a few other times in the US BEFORE Brixton and I hadn't even noticed, hahaha.

And if it wasn't cute enough of him to actually wear it, my heart melts every time I think about what you told me at the after party, after you had talked to Mika and thanked him, is the fact that he said:

"I wear it all the time; ask my mum, she puts me in it!":wub2:

Sometimes he's just a little boy...a very talented little boy...:wub2:

How could you miss it, it was all that I went on about for months :roftl:

Exactly! :roftl:

No, seriously Sara I love this T-shirt as I've told you before :wink2: The details, his curly hair :naughty: everything is so cute :wub2:

And if it wasn't cute enough of him to actually wear it, my heart melts every time I think about what you told me at the after party, after you had talked to Mika and thanked him, is the fact that he said:

"I wear it all the time; ask my mum, she puts me in it!":wub2:

Sometimes he's just a little boy...a very talented little boy...:wub2:

:roftl: ! The guy enjoys being so effing cute, doesn't he :lmao: ?

Strange he didn't tell our friend who would take it off his gorgeous bod that night though :confused: ...

But then the innocent little boy image would have been shattered a bit :wink2: .

Cheers,

Id3

I don't have the song, cause I was there and didn't d/l any live recorded version, but I heard the story before and I find it very sweet. :wub2:
Avoca you can find it in the downloads section :wink2:

Am I the only lonely one who doesn't like that pic at all? :no:

He looks like he should be hanging outside a local tavern drunkenly asking high shcool girls for directions just as an excuse to talk to them. :roftl:

You're not the only one, I don't like the pic either:naughty::sad:

I just hope that's not the new image.. Please.:naughty:

SUCH a high. Knowing that I was standing side by side at the front of the stage with other 'die hard' MFC'ers whose faces he recognized, getting SO much eye contact, smiles, (and - of course - the big high five I got after I gave him the thumbs up for BIOTG, which I will likely never shut up about). Feeling the hysteria in the room when the ENTIRE room started jumping during Love Today - seeing him grin at that and scream back to us "YOU'RE F*CKING AMAAAAAZING"! Seeing the happines & relief on his face when his new songs went over well, seeing his eyes scanning the crowd, watching us intently for our reactions during Toy Boy. Seeing all the little tiny facial expressions, gestures and nuances that I had missed even 7 rows back the year before. Hearing the quiet words that aren't meant for the audience, that you can't really hear in the videos or in the back of the room. Feeling the connection with him, the energy, knowing that he is looking back at you and feeding off of the way that you are responding to him.

But... I came back from it and couldn't stop grinning for two weeks. I sang out loud with my ipod in the grocery store. This sounds so lame to me, but I felt like my heart was bursting! For the first week it was like that all-encompassing, overwhelming, euphoric high that you have when you've fallen hard & fast in love. I couldn't do my work at the office. I couldn't think of anything else. I wanted to communicate to him how grateful I was for the experience because it is rare in life for things to bring you that level of joy. I do know that I sound ridiculous here. Trust me... it sounds extreme... but that's exactly how I felt.

Now that I've drifted back to earth I feel sane again. And now I want another concert. Now I'm willing to use my credit card to travel to get my hands on this drug again.

Zoots.

:blush-anim-cl:

That was brilliant. I haven't been to any concerts. But have been a fan since the beginning. A real, completely obsessed, beyond help, die-hard mika fan. I get this feeling every time i turn on my Ipod and hear his voice!! I would give anything, and I mean ANYTHING, to be a able to have been at that concert. :boxed:

Haha, 'drug' is the perfect word for it!! :roftl:

That was brilliant. I haven't been to any concerts. But have been a fan since the beginning. A real, completely obsessed, beyond help, die-hard mika fan. I get this feeling every time i turn on my Ipod and hear his voice!! I would give anything, and I mean ANYTHING, to be a able to have been at that concert. :boxed:

Haha, 'drug' is the perfect word for it!! :roftl:

Oh I would have liked to have gone. But I wouldn't give the roof over my head for it. I just wasn't prepared to fork out the best part of grand. My choice.

IBut... I came back from it and couldn't stop grinning for two weeks. I sang out loud with my ipod in the grocery store. This sounds so lame to me, but I felt like my heart was bursting! For the first week it was like that all-encompassing, overwhelming, euphoric high that you have when you've fallen hard & fast in love. I couldn't do my work at the office. I couldn't think of anything else. I wanted to communicate to him how grateful I was for the experience because it is rare in life for things to bring you that level of joy. I do know that I sound ridiculous here. Trust me... it sounds extreme... but that's exactly how I felt.

Now that I've drifted back to earth I feel sane again. And now I want another concert. Now I'm willing to use my credit card to travel to get my hands on this drug again.

All I can say is... exactly. One hundred percent, totally, completely bang-on accurate. :wub2:

It's like regular life exists within certain boundaries of highs and lows, and then the high from a Mika gig like that is just sooo far off the high end of the spectrum that it's almost inconceivable. A drug? Most definitely. :wub2:

I can't even describe it... I never knew! When I first caught the Mika bug in summer/fall 2007 I watched every single video I could find, every performance, every interview. Thought I knew everything there was to know. Then I joined MCF a few months later and realized I'd only seen the tip of the iceberg... spent hours watching even more videos, reading gig report threads, discussing Mika. Then I went to my first Mika gig in Jan 2008, and thought I'd had "the experience", since Sara & Christine were saying it was the best gig of his they'd been to, and was thrilled I got to have a glimpse of him outside the venue after.

I thought that being in about the 6th/7th row at the Kool Haus was good. It was an amazing gig. I thought I 'got' it.

I am not meaning this in a patronizing way, but I have never experienced anything like I've just experienced at the Roxy. And to have THIS as my first time with the full experience (waiting in the queue all day, being in the front row in his direct line of sight from the keyboard, tiny stage, etc etc) was beyond words.

SUCH a high. Knowing that I was standing side by side at the front of the stage with other 'die hard' MFC'ers whose faces he recognized, getting SO much eye contact, smiles, (and - of course - the big high five I got after I gave him the thumbs up for BIOTG, which I will likely never shut up about). Feeling the hysteria in the room when the ENTIRE room started jumping during Love Today - seeing him grin at that and scream back to us "YOU'RE F*CKING AMAAAAAZING"! Seeing the happines & relief on his face when his new songs went over well, seeing his eyes scanning the crowd, watching us intently for our reactions during Toy Boy. Seeing all the little tiny facial expressions, gestures and nuances that I had missed even 7 rows back the year before. Hearing the quiet words that aren't meant for the audience, that you can't really hear in the videos or in the back of the room. Feeling the connection with him, the energy, knowing that he is looking back at you and feeding off of the way that you are responding to him.

On one hand I left the gig saying "My Mika experience is complete. Anything more than this is a bonus, but I am completely satisfied with having what I had tonight, and it can't get better than this anyway." (Well, that last part might be true - it was a one-of-a-kind gig)

But... I came back from it and couldn't stop grinning for two weeks. I sang out loud with my ipod in the grocery store. This sounds so lame to me, but I felt like my heart was bursting! For the first week it was like that all-encompassing, overwhelming, euphoric high that you have when you've fallen hard & fast in love. I couldn't do my work at the office. I couldn't think of anything else. I wanted to communicate to him how grateful I was for the experience because it is rare in life for things to bring you that level of joy. I do know that I sound ridiculous here. Trust me... it sounds extreme... but that's exactly how I felt.

Zoots.

:blush-anim-cl:

that is so beautifully written zoots