Our very own Aurelien playing piano on stage for Mika at Cirque d'Hiver!!

sariflor

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really too awesome! Good for you being so gutsy Aurelien, and offering your talents like that! Very inspiring. Now Mika knows he'll never be without a pianist whenever he is in Paris. :thumb_yello:

Last year, I told Mika we'd sing together one day. So far, he hasn't made good on it. *sigh* :naughty:

I love the way he just goes up, sits down and waits for the right part to start!!

Yeah, me too, was he professional or what??? He did SO well, and I was SO proud of him :wub2:.

He had posed the 'plan' to Mika the night before but it wasn't clear if he would go for it or not, until the moment at the start of Relax where Mika clearly beckoned him as if saying 'come' but then put his hand out as if saying 'wait', and then when it was the right time he personally came over to take Au to the piano.

It was therefore unrehearsed, and Mika just totally trusted Aurelien to come up and play the right thing, which IMO just shows how incredibly amazing Mika is. How many artists would take such a risk?

Yes, he knew that Aurelien has just finished a degree in music, and that he knows his songs, BUT I never thought that he would just go for it without at the very least asking him to play for him before the show.

We were all stunned and incredibly amazed (and ecstatic) when Mika made it clear that Aurelien would play, as we had sort of secretly feared that, as he had not said anything at that point, it was not going to happen.

Here is my footage from the song, although it hasn't finished processing so the quality is still a bit crappy:

I did zoom a bit too much as well so (as it's low lighting) it's not super, but it's quite ok.

Wasn't that Sariflor???

No!! I'm not blonde :roftl:. I was standing 2 people from him. That was his sister. She was, as you can imagine, incredibly proud.

Edited by sariflor

I didn't notice this thread earlier! Last night was awesome!!!! Aurélien was amazing, loved Relax with him. I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I guess the link to my video has been here?

My favourite part is when Aurélien jumps down off the piano as if to say I don't have time for this dancing nonsense, I've got work to do. :teehee:

This moment illustrates exactly what I was saying in the NYC thread about making your own "luck". Aurélien and I have had conversations about this and as amazing as this is I am not entirely surprised. He is not only talented but he has clear goals and is prepared to take risks in order to make opportunities for himself and take full advantage of the ones that are offered to him.

I knew this day would come Aurélien and of course it's only the very beginning. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for you!!

See you in Toronto! :huglove:

Yeah, me too, was he professional or what??? He did SO well, and I was SO proud of him :wub2:.

He had posed the 'plan' to Mika the night before but it wasn't clear if he would go for it or not, until the moment at the start of Relax where Mika clearly beckoned him as if saying 'come' but then put his hand out as if saying 'wait', and then when it was the right time he personally came over to take Au to the piano.

It was therefore unrehearsed, and Mika just totally trusted Aurelien to come up and play the right thing, which IMO just shows how incredibly amazing Mika is. How many artists would take such a risk?

Yes, he knew that Aurelien has just finished a degree in music from the Royal Academy, and that he knows his songs, BUT I never thought that he would just go for it without at the very least asking him to play for him before the show.

We were all stunned and incredibly amazed (and ecstatic) when Mika made it clear that Aurelien would play, as we had sort of secretly feared that, as he had not said anything at that point, it was not going to happen.

Here is my footage from the song, although it hasn't finished processing so the quality is still a bit crappy:

I did zoom a bit too much as well so (as it's low lighting) it's not super, but it's quite ok.

No!! I'm not blonde :roftl:. I was standing 2 people from him. That was his sister. She was, as you can imagine, incredibly proud.

I knew you weren't blonde, but my failing eyesight saw you there in the lesser quality vid, and jumped to that conclusion when I saw him hugging someon. Sorry!!

Thanks for your report, I would love to hear it from Aurelien's point of view too, about his non-conversation...:aah:

My favourite part is when Aurélien jumps down off the piano as if to say I don't have time for this dancing nonsense, I've got work to do. :teehee:

This moment illustrates exactly what I was saying in the NYC thread about making your own "luck". Aurélien and I have had conversations about this and as amazing as this is I am not entirely surprised. He is not only talented but he has clear goals and is prepared to take risks in order to make opportunities for himself and take full advantage of the ones that are offered to him.

I knew this day would come Aurélien and of course it's only the very beginning. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for you!!

See you in Toronto! :huglove:

Thanks Christine:mf_lustslow: and thank you all for your messages:wub2:

As for an oringinal song of mine, well they are in store, all will be revealed soon haha:biggrin2:

That was my favourite part too :naughty:

Great job Aurélien! :flowers2:

Thanks Christine:mf_lustslow: and thank you all for your messages:wub2:

As for an oringinal song of mine, well they are in store, all will be revealed soon haha:biggrin2:

Cool!!! I'm looking forward to it :D

i read the thread and watched the videos... it's just unbelievable!!!

i'm really happy for you, it should have been as a dream coming true!

and i can only imagine the stress for having to do it without rehearsing and without a previous notice!!!!

congratulations!!!!!! :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello: