Mika added to the line up for iTunes festival 2009

Miro

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music/newsid_8102000/8102786.stm

Bloc Party, Placebo, Calvin Harris and Mika have all been added to the line up for this year's iTunes festival.

The artists join a bill which already includes Oasis, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, Bat For Lashes, Paolo Nutini, The Saturdays and Flo Rida.

The event takes place at London's Roundhouse every night from 1-31 July and is the third festival of its kind.

In all 62 bands are performing over the month with tickets only available online.

Last year saw performances from Lightspeed Champion, The Ting Tings, The Script and Pendulum.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: this is the advertising for 2007.... Mika isn't opening the festival this year, but he's playing on July, 31st 2009

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ICA iTunes music festival - free gigs every day in July!

News

ITunes_Live_London_Festival_2009-1-250-208-85-nocrop.gif

iTunes Live London Festival 2009

London's ICA (Institute of Contemporary Arts) today announced the first iTunes music festival - an event which will span every day in July with over 60 acts - and the gigs are free entry!

The free tickets will be available to iTunes users, fan websites and two lotteries open to ICA Members only. Twenty pairs of tickets for the 350 seater venue for each night will be available in two lotteries on the ICA website.

A superb range of diverse, established and up-and-coming acts will play each night, including Amy Winehouse, Crowded House, The Pigeon Detectives, Mika, Editors, Beverley Knight, Raul Midon, Just Jack, Justin Nozuka, Travis, Groove Armada, Mutya Buena, Imogen Heap, The Coral and more.

Opening the event will be the sensation of 2006/ 2007 Mika, supported by Leon Jean Marie - another artist tipped for big things.

See the ICA/ iTunes festival websites for further info - links to the right.

http://www.allgigs.co.uk/view/article/484/ICA_ITunes_Music_Festival_Free_Gigs_Every_Day_In_July.html

Edited by mari62

Opening the event will be the sensation of 2006/ 2007 Mika, supported by Leon Jean Marie - another artist tipped for big things.

http://www.allgigs.co.uk/view/article/484/ICA_ITunes_Music_Festival_Free_Gigs_Every_Day_In_July.html

Opening? :blink: On facebook he's scheduled as the last gig?

http://www.facebook.com/iTunesEU?v=app_17037175766#/iTunesEU?v=app_10531514314&viewas=524020880

News

London's ICA (Institute of Contemporary Arts) today announced the first iTunes music festival - an event which will span every day in July with over 60 acts - and the gigs are free entry!

The free tickets will be available to iTunes users, fan websites and two lotteries open to ICA Members only. Twenty pairs of tickets for the 350 seater venue for each night will be available in two lotteries on the ICA website.

A superb range of diverse, established and up-and-coming acts will play each night, including Amy Winehouse, Crowded House, The Pigeon Detectives, Mika, Editors, Beverley Knight, Raul Midon, Just Jack, Justin Nozuka, Travis, Groove Armada, Mutya Buena, Imogen Heap, The Coral and more.

oooh - does that mean us :biggrin2:

oooh - does that mean us :biggrin2:

Interesting :mf_rosetinted:

Hmm I looked at the link, and I think that info is from 2007? The bands listed aren't the same ones either.

Edited by Droopsy

OMG CALVIN! PLACEBO! FRANZ! They want me to die?? :aah:

Oh yeah, and Mika :naughty:

Better start applying for tickets!!:naughty:

The line up looks fab :shocked:

And Amy Winehouse will be there for sure or she won't appear at all :roftl:?

That's the usual question isn't it... too bad, I like her music.

Is this right? Surely this isn't the FIRST iTunes Festival, is it? Didn't they do this a few years ago? And Mika performed at it then? I see the *2009*

but... I don't see this on the ICA website/calendar yet...

News

Edited by dcdeb

Is this right? Surely this isn't the FIRST iTunes Festival, is it? Didn't they do this a few years ago? And Mika performed at it then? I see the *2009*

but...

Yes...:boxed: There is something not right about this.

Looking at the lineup, it looks very 2007..and yes, Mika did do this in 2007, I remember people from MFC got tickets.

I smell a rat :teehee:

I'm going to try and go, I was upset at not being able to go to the Sadlers Wells gig. I'm very nervous about tackling the London tube again if I have to use the tube, but I'll try my best. I've had to reactivate my Facebook account again, but the tickets don't seem to be available yet for July 31st.

If I DO get ticets, I will have to ask fans for advice in getting around London, but that's if I get tickets.

http://www.ituneslive.co.uk/

OK, this looks legitimate now... The iTunes Festival is a new type of music festival. Free to attend. Running for the entire month of July and to be enjoyed from anywhere in the world via the web.

This year we are celebrating our 3rd anniversary in style. Taking to the stage at Camden's Roundhouse will be Oasis, Snow Patrol, Franz Ferdinand, Kasabian, The Saturdays, Flo Rida, Bat For Lashes, Jack Peñate, Paolo Nutini and many more still to be announced. To see the full line up visit the iTunes (EU) Facebook page.

Each performance will be recorded and available to download on iTunes.

You can keep up to date with the latest line-up announcements, free ticket competitions, news, video highlights and live audio broadcasts by becoming a fan of the iTunes (EU) Facebook page.

Gig tickets are NOT available to buy. For the chance to see your favourite artists up-close and for free, click here to visit the festival page and follow the ticket application instructions.

We're giving away hundreds of gig tickets on Facebook, but if you do not have a Facebook account you could win a limited number of tickets here.

It looks like the release in Mari's post is from the original festival a few years ago... for some reason.

This looks like the real thing. :)

But I haven't run across MIKA's name on the 2009 list yet.

EDIT: Ah, there he is:

http://www.facebook.com/iTunesEU#/iTunesEU?v=app_10531514314&viewas=810005320

Edited by dcdeb

but... I don't see this on the ICA website/calendar yet...

No, this post isn't right I think, as I said, if you click the link. On the right it says 2007. BUT if you look at the calendar on the itunes facebook account, his name has recently been added!:thumb_yello: On july 31.

Edited by Droopsy