• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with this, Allegra. I can't see how they would sell valid tickets, and even less NOW. Maybe Tia can clarify how she is getting her tickets...

To me, this sounds dodgy, and personally, I wouldn't do it.

I got my tickets thou facebook. i applied as they came up and i heard a few sundays ago from itunes that i recieved them. I got a text telling me to check my email and in my emails there was one saying that i had won and too a email address and ref number to claim them, once u claim the E-Ticket is sent straight to you, you just print it off and take it with u. I hope this helps!:thumb_yello:

Brits barred from Jackson memorial

Last Updated: Friday, 03 July 2009, 17:09 GMT- Search: Jackson memorial plan

The clamour for tickets for Michael Jackson's public memorial has begun - but the singer's British fans will be left disappointed.

Only US residents with tickets secured through an online ballot will be allowed in to the Staples Centre in Los Angeles.

Other fans of the King of Pop will be able to watch Tuesday's event from their homes as organisers announced it will be broadcast around the world.

The stadium's website temporarily crashed within moments of AEG Live president and chief executive Tim Leiweke announcing the opening of registration for the draw.

How unfair....

Edited by babspanky

I got my tickets thou facebook. i applied as they came up and i heard a few sundays ago from itunes that i recieved them. I got a text telling me to check my email and in my emails there was one saying that i had won and too a email address and ref number to claim them, once u claim the E-Ticket is sent straight to you, you just print it off and take it with u. I hope this helps!:thumb_yello:

Ah, great, thanks! Does the eticket have your name on it?

But of course, if someone wanted to be dodgy about it, they could send the eticket to several people, and on the night only the first person to show it would get in. That's the problem with selling e-tickets, it needs to be sold to an friend cause otherwise people can be conned :naughty:.

Ah, great, thanks! Does the eticket have your name on it?

But of course, if someone wanted to be dodgy about it, they could send the eticket to several people, and on the night only the first person to show it would get in. That's the problem with selling e-tickets, it needs to be sold to an friend cause otherwise people can be conned :naughty:.

It has a number on it, its all kinda automated, once u reply to the email its sent straight to you, they also havent told me to bring id with me either althou i may bring a bill or something with my name on just to b safe.

iv often thought that about etickets, i wondered if once it had been printed it could b printed again? iv never been sure.

someone could put them on ebay and sell them 100 times, its so wrong. Iv known 2 ppl lately that have bought from ebay and their tickets have been fake:sneaky2:

Do you think that checking one's email 900 times a day should qualify us to win tickets?:wink2:

I think it should.

Don't ask me what it qualifies for, or I'll get an infraction :naughty: !

Anyroad, as long as you don't tell your shrink about it, you should be able to stay outside and enjoy your free tickets when they arrive :wink2: ...

Cheers,

Id3

It has a number on it, its all kinda automated, once u reply to the email its sent straight to you, they also havent told me to bring id with me either althou i may bring a bill or something with my name on just to b safe.

iv often thought that about etickets, i wondered if once it had been printed it could b printed again? iv never been sure.

someone could put them on ebay and sell them 100 times, its so wrong. Iv known 2 ppl lately that have bought from ebay and their tickets have been fake:sneaky2:

Well, they sometimes say that you can only print them once, but in reality once you have the document there's no way that I know of in which they can limit how many times you can print it off. I have seen it written in some tickets though, but I think that it's just a way of scaring people into not doing it.

Is it a pdf? or just a url that you go to and print it from there? or inside the body of the email?

In any case I doubt that they can stop you from making more than once copy.

If I was you I would take ID with you just in case they do check though. You never know :aah:.

As no-one's leaping for joy, can I assume the draw isn't on Fridays? Or have we all been unlucky?

It's meant to be on Fridays. No luck for me so far for sure :sneaky2:.I guess that the fact that more people aren't on the "yes" list means that we're all on the same boat :wink2:.

Btw, DarkLight: Did you win tickets then? I don't quite understand your RSVP message :naughty:.

Well I don't expect you can go either. Just those lucky Americans. They always get everything.

Damn, it sucks being Dutch...you can't go to MJ's funeral, you can't get tickets to the Itunes festival. Guess I just have to eat cheese, do the clogdance and smoke weed instead.:blink:

Damn, it sucks being Dutch...you can't go to MJ's funeral, you can't get tickets to the Itunes festival. Guess I just have to eat cheese, do the clogdance and smoke weed instead.:blink:

Doesn't suck that much then, does it? :naughty: You can also have pindakaas, dropjes, spekulaas, yummy paprika chips and tons more nice things :wub2:.

Oh, and ride your bike everywhere to your heart's content :lmao:

Don't ask me what it qualifies for, or I'll get an infraction :naughty: !

Anyroad, as long as you don't tell your shrink about it, you should be able to stay outside and enjoy your free tickets when they arrive :wink2: ...

Cheers,

Id3

I think my shrink gave up on me years ago.

Lost cause:roftl:

Well, many non Dutch people would be interested in such a programme :thumb_yello: ... I mean the cheese and the clogdance parts, of course :naughty: !

Cheers,

Id3

Mine attempted suicide after a couple of sessions :shocked: .

Cheers,

Id3

I did actually have a GP once that commited suicide:shocked:

Don't think it was my fault though:blink:

Hmm, actually that sounds like a pretty good trade off. Minus the clog dance. :thumb_yello:

Doesn't suck that much then, does it? :naughty: You can also have pindakaas, dropjes, spekulaas, yummy paprika chips and tons more nice things :wub2:.

Oh, and ride your bike everywhere to your heart's content :lmao:

Don't forget stroopwafels, maan I love those:wub2: I heard you were paprika chips obsessed yes:roftl:

Well, many non Dutch people would be interested in such a programme :thumb_yello: ... I mean the cheese and the clogdance parts, of course :naughty: !

Cheers,

Id3

Awesome! Next time Mika is in France, I'm going and you're gonna be here doing the clogdance while having some cheese!

Hmm, actually that sounds like a pretty good trade off. Minus the clog dance. :thumb_yello:

It hurts me that you are insulting our national dance:mf_rosetinted: I'm glad it's not our anthem though, it rocks:mf_rosetinted:

just applied for tickets, how would they know that i'm not a uk resident? :blink: i just had to name a county. my location is not in my facebook profile, and if they want an ID for picking up the tickets, i can say i'm in the uk for a few weeks/months - they didn't say you have to be a permanent resident. :naughty:

however, i just hope i can go. london. :wub2: and only 1 friday off work. my works' summer party is on that day, but i'm sure the better party is at the mika gig. :bleh:

Don't forget stroopwafels, maan I love those:wub2: I heard you were paprika chips obsessed yes:roftl:

Oh yesssssss! How could I forget the stroopwafels!!!! They're incredible!

They sell a similar thing here at Starbucks but the Dutch version is better.

Many years after we moved back to Spain from NL, when my dad went over on business he'd be forced to bring us tons of stroopwafels and paprika chips, so yes, one could say that I'm obsessed :naughty:. It was so lovely of the Dutchies to bring me those chips when they came to London for the gig just because I had mentioned it months earlier; I will never forget that :wub2:.

Oh yesssssss! How could I forget the stroopwafels!!!! They're incredible!

They sell a similar thing here at Starbucks but the Dutch version is better.

Many years after we moved back to Spain from NL, when my dad went over on business he'd be forced to bring us tons of stroopwafels and paprika chips, so yes, one could say that I'm obsessed :naughty:. It was so lovely of the Dutchies to bring me those chips when they came to London for the gig just because I had mentioned it months earlier; I will never forget that :wub2:.

Haha, right next time I'll see you I'll bring you some stroopwafels and paprika chips:roftl:

Haha, right next time I'll see you I'll bring you some stroopwafels and paprika chips:roftl:

Come on kids, explain your stroopwafels! I haven't been initiated into the delicious delights of the Dutch!

Maybe I should do a NL gig sometime.....