I went in here to see if you people had won your tickets:blink:.... and now I'm hungry!:sneaky2:

Sienna, don't get so off topic! Who cares about tickets? Solving the mysteries of breakfasts around the world is much more exciting:mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if it is really necessary describe our breakfast to obtain tickets i'm ready :blink:

a cup of tea and a lot of pane e burro :licks_lips:

do you think i must send this precious informations also to Itunes? :cool:

if it is really necessary describe our breakfast to obtain tickets i'm ready :blink:

:crybaby::crybaby::lmao:

You do crack me up, Allegra :naughty:

I think you should...hmmm...I fear Itunes will be flooded with mails about what people had for breakfast:roftl:

i always have bread or toast with butter & honey for breakfast, sometimes also with nutella, and besides that, always lots of milk. :bleh:

would swap all the milk and honey i currently have at home for itunes tickets though. :roftl:

i always have bread or toast with butter & honey for breakfast, sometimes also with nutella, and besides that, always lots of milk. :bleh:

would swap all the milk and honey i currently have at home for itunes tickets though. :roftl:

Good girl, but why did you have to go off topic in your last sentence? :sneaky2:

:naughty:

29 maybe's, that's a lot!:boxed:

What did you had to do to win a ticket?

When do get to know if you have won tickets?

Where in UK is this?

Will we find you all in tents or is it close enough to London to be going back and forth?

Sorry to be off topic but some of us has to live through others when it comes to gigs!:naughty:

Good girl, but why did you have to go off topic in your last sentence? :sneaky2:

:naughty:

damn! :doh: *is ashamed and goes to buy something for lunch* (or, if lunch is also OT, a second breakfast. :naughty:)

29 maybe's, that's a lot!:boxed:

What did you had to do to win a ticket?

When do get to know if you have won tickets?

Where in UK is this?

Will we find you all in tents or is it close enough to London to be going back and forth?

Sorry to be off topic but some of us has to live through others when it comes to gigs!:naughty:

You can win here

http://www.ituneslive.co.uk/

if you have not Facebook read the last line:

We're giving away hundreds of gig tickets on Facebook, but if you do not have a Facebook account you could win a limited number of tickets here.

but, if you win (the winner will receive an email), maybe they can cancel your winning because you are not a UK resident

The live is in London, at Rondhouse (Camden area near Barfly, you was there the postponed day after)

Everybody is hoping that there will be other contests (maybe international) or that the Boss will give us some tickets instead of writing bad words every single day.

Edited by allegra

You can win here

http://www.ituneslive.co.uk/

if you have not Facebook read the last line:

We're giving away hundreds of gig tickets on Facebook, but if you do not have a Facebook account you could win a limited number of tickets here.

but, if you win (the winner will receive an email), maybe they can cancel your winning because you are not a UK resident

Thanks Allegra!:wub2:

But it doesn't seem fair that it's only for UK residents!

The live is in London, at Rondhouse (Camden area near Barfly, you was there the postponed day after)

Oh I remember, that was a fun day!:wub2:

Everybody we are hoping that there will be others contests (maybe international) or that the Boss give us some tickets instead to write bad words every single day.

:roftl:

Can someone explain why it's not fair?

It's a competition based in the UK to promote itunes in the UK open to UK residents.

It may not be fair because there isn't such a competition in your countries, but it doesn't make the UK one unfair.

There are lots of similar competitions running every week. Are they all unfair? Or just things to do with Mika?

It's a competition based in the UK to promote itunes in the UK open to UK residents.

It may not be fair because there isn't such a competition in your countries, but it doesn't make the UK one unfair.

There are lots of similar competitions running every week. Are they all unfair? Or just things to do with Mika?

Aye.

I think that anyone who falls under the "catchment area" for something automatically sees it as unfair.

Shall I tell you what I think is blatantly unfair? And nobody can deny it . Well, why have I never won the lottery? I demand to know :sneaky2: Surely that can't possibly be fair :crybaby:

Anyway, seriously now and back to topic, if there was a competition open to say, only French residents, for something happening in France, I dont' think that I'd find it unfair. It's always the case, like you said: competitions are usually restricted, and they have to restrict it using certain criteria.

In these gigs they want to have people who can get there without hassle, traveling, etc, so that they can "ensure" an audience I guess..

Edited by sariflor

hey, we are just M fan... not intellectual people... :original:

if someone tell us: "you can't go to a M gig" it is obvious that we are sad

but it is not so important...

also for Beirut gig we were sad because it was too expensive to go...

for Fiat gig italians people were sad because 500 is an italian car and they would like a gig in Italy for this car...

for New York gig teenagers were sad because there was age restriction

we are sad just to animate the thread and mfc not to be boring against our UK friends :original:

:bye:

about me, i would like to be there because it is almost august and in august i'm on holyday, but if i will have not the ticket no problem, no tragedy (no hope, no love, no glory) and i will have an happy ending because i will be on holydays and holyday are not just for UK residents :original:

Edited by allegra

Of course it has to do with Mika!:biggrin2:

No seriously…I guess I was just expressing myself carelessly?:blush-anim-cl:

If I had have a serious plan to go to the festival I would for sure think it was unfair that couldn’t because I would have to win a ticket and being excluded because of my nationality, but I’m not even going!

Sorry, I promise to think an extra turn next time!:huglove:

Aye.

I think that anyone who falls under the "catchment area" for something automatically sees it as unfair.

Shall I tell you what I think is blatantly unfair? And nobody can deny it . Well, why have I never won the lottery? I demand to know :sneaky2: Surely that can't possibly be fair :crybaby:

Anyway, seriously now and back to topic, if there was a competition open to say, only French residents, for something happening in France, I dont' think that I'd find it unfair. It's always the case, like you said: competitions are usually restricted, and they have to restrict it using certain criteria.

In these gigs they want to have people who can get there without hassle, traveling, etc, so that they can "ensure" an audience I guess..

Thanks, it explains a lot!:thumb_yello:

oh thank you :wub2:

is this prize open also to south europa citizens? :naughty:

:lmao:

anyway... i dont know the meaning of the word "Quote" :roftl:

It's when you repeat something that someone else has said, or in this case just say something funny worth repeating!:wub2:

and, just for general info, i would like remember that i'm sure that not-UK-residents were not in bad faith when they subscribed to the contest

in this page

http://www.ituneslive.co.uk/win_tickets.php?date=2009-07-31

it is written very clear and very visible

You must be at least 14 years old to attend this gig.

We will only use your personal details for the purposes of this promotion.

the "only UK residence" affair is written little little in the middle of the long long text of the Terms and Conditions..

i know a lot of people (adults, graduates etc etc) who dont read terms and conditions of importants contracts, insurances etc etc

i can imagine that people who want subscribe to a contest to win free tickets just for a gig maybe dont read all the legal conditions

even it is written: I have read and understood, and agree to the Terms and Conditions outlined below.

especially the word understood is not 100% assured when people who dont speak very well english read a text :blush-anim-cl:

hey, we are just M fan... not intellectual people... :original:

if someone tell us: "you can't go to a M gig" it is obvious that we are sad

but it is not so important...

also for Beirut gig we were sad because it was too expensive to go...

for Fiat gig italians people were sad because 500 is an italian car and they would like a gig in Italy for this car...

for New York gig teenagers were sad because there was age restriction

we are sad just to animate the thread and mfc not to be boring against our UK friends :original:

about me, i would like to be there because it is almost august and in august i'm on holyday, but if i will have not the ticket no problem, no tragedy (no hope, no love, no glory) and i will have an happy ending because i will be on holydays and holyday are not just for UK residents :original:

Congratulations Allegra!

You have just won the title Quoter of the day!:winner_first_h4h:

:floor:

The whole post is quote of the day :lmfao:

and, just for general info, i would like remember that i'm sure that not-UK-residents were not in bad faith when they subscribed to the contest

in this page

http://www.ituneslive.co.uk/win_tickets.php?date=2009-07-31

it is written very clear and very visible

You must be at least 14 years old to attend this gig.

We will only use your personal details for the purposes of this promotion.

the "only UK residence" affair is written little little in the middle of the long long text of the Terms and Conditions..

i know a lot of people (adults, graduates etc etc) who dont read terms and conditions of importants contracts, insurances etc etc

i can imagine that people who want subscribe to a contest to win free tickets just for a gig maybe dont read all the legal conditions

even it is written: I have read and understood, and agree to the Terms and Conditions outlined below.

especially the word understood is not 100% assured when people who dont speak very well english read a text :blush-anim-cl:

Ok, just to clarify myself as well, in case it's needed, I wasn't being nasty earlier or anything of the sorts :naughty:

I just wanted to respond with a comment to all the 'it's not fair' posts, that's all. I wish everyone could go to every gig, but hey, things are what they are.

At no time did I intend to upset anyone or make any statements about people having bad intentions, etc....

It's all academic anyway because none of us have bloody tickets.

Does anyone have an inkling whether they have given some tickets out?(obviously at least one pair..Tia's) just on the forum nobody seems to have mentioned MIKA either..where as they are chatting about other people/groups?

...Could be they have given them out to Non Mfcers already? (except one+one mfcer)

The fact they say only 150 pairs of tickets is bizarre...if you look on the pics section of itunes(EU) on facebook the Roundhouse is packed with people?

Seems the whole thing is a mystery! :sneaky2:

xxx

It's all academic anyway because none of us have bloody tickets.

Speak for yourself, heh heh!

Sorry, not come to gloat.

Actually came to say, that just 'cause you live in the UK doesn't automatically get you into some of these promo gigs.

Allegra mentioned the Fiat show.

This was held in London.And although I entered it, it seemed that as my postcode wasn't in the London catchment area, I didn't get a ticket.

Likewise, the R1 Big Weekend show, Mika played in Preston. It was a lucky dip to get a ticket from the 6000 allocated to the rest of the UK.

I was in the right catchment area for this years, so I got lucky (although no Mika, I had Basement Jaxx, which for me is as good).

So just because we live in the UK, doesn't mean we get lucky all the time, it's just as much a lottery for us too.