First single -We Are Golden!!

Mary

Me too.

I'm becoming a real bitch, beware.:mf_rosetinted:

Well, actually, my students haven't made up their mind yet. One day they call me a bitch, then the following day they switch to nun. :blink:

I'm going identity mad. :naughty:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I made my best friend listen to We Are Golden and the first thing she said was "I don't like it, it sounds like High School Musical".

I was like "IT DOESN'T?!?!".

I think a lot of us have suffered a placebo through the release of this song. We have anticipated it for ages, it already had it's own thread, and all of those who had already heard it said it was brilliant. All of these things kind of led us to liking it or believing that we liked it because we already thought it was amazing. This is why it's easier for those who heard the single, without going fan-crazy about it months before, to admit that they don't love it.

I think we can all agree that it's definitely not the Mika material that we are used to, but we love Mika and support everything he does so we are determined to adapt. Others were just absolutely fascinated at the first listen, so the variety in the opinions are immense.

I am stunned, shocked and well, quite frankly gutted :S

On first listen I hated it, infact so did everybody around me at the time. Which prompted some serious p*** taking as they know how much I like Mika. Add embarrassed to the above list :shocked:

Ok, so now after hearing it what feels like a gazillion times (thanks Radio1) I can appreciate (?) its catchiness, but the whole "we are gawwwlden" (perfect description btw) bit makes me cringe.

What really worries me is, was this really the best track he had on the album? After such a long break this single needed to be as spectacular as Grace Kelly was, and surely most of us can admit it's just not? I was really hoping he would come out with something a lot better both lyrically and musically and a lot less teeny pop, just to show all his doubters that he could. Instead this is the worst example of sacharine pop so far and will just confirm the opinions of those who see him as a tacky kiddies pop star.

Sorry. No, really I am.

Roby, there are three of us now, we're a much less endangered species :dance_man: !

Cheers,

Id3

Well, actually, my students haven't made up their mind yet. One day they call me a bitch, then the following day they switch to nun. :blink:

I'm going identity mad. :naughty:

Surely a nun can be a bitch at the same time? :naughty: I swear that I have heard reports of some of those before :biggrin2:

Did anyone see that we can preorder WAG now?

From MS:

PRE-ORDER WE ARE GOLDEN FROM ITUNES NOW!

Posted on July 22nd, 2009

“Epic. Huge. Massive. And, of course, happy!”

- Perez Hilton

Mika’s new single, ‘We Are Golden’ is available to pre-order now at iTunes.

Click here now to pre-order your copy and your iPod can go gold as soon as the song hits the iTunes Store.

Don’t forget that you can still listen to a clip of ‘We Are Golden’ on mikasounds.com right now, just tune in here and see what all the fuss is about!

‘We Are Golden’ the album is released on September 21st.

MIKASOUNDS

I don't think we need to do that -- they already ARE We are Golden! LOL!

:roftl:

I think your tone was a bit harsh, and has continued to be

harsh, and now I'm asking you respectfully to scale it

down. It's fine to disagree, and it's fine to be passionate, but when you

start going down the insulting road it's time for the moderators to step in.

You need to "get over yourself" as well -- everyone has a right to

express their opinion here, but no one has a right to be insulting and

rude. Please reread the MFC Guidelines (link in my sig) if you need

to be reminded of what's acceptable here.

I'm happy to see you actively posting again -- I remember you from

way back, so I know you're a longtime fan like many of us and that

you are probably just as excited at Mika's return to the "scene" as

we are. I'm just asking that you express yourself a little less aggressively.

Thanks so much! :thumb_yello:

:confused:

Cheers,

Id3

You can be anything they like, apparently. :mf_rosetinted::roftl:

Surely a nun can be a bitch at the same time? :naughty: I swear that I have heard reports of some of those before :biggrin2:

:crybaby:

But I've got a good reply for them: I live for glitter, not you. :shun::mf_rosetinted:

I made my best friend listen to We Are Golden and the first thing she said was "I don't like it, it sounds like High School Musical".

I was like "IT DOESN'T?!?!".

I think a lot of us have suffered a placebo through the release of this song. We have anticipated it for ages, it already had it's own thread, and all of those who had already heard it said it was brilliant. All of these things kind of led us to liking it or believing that we liked it because we already thought it was amazing. This is why it's easier for those who heard the single, without going fan-crazy about it months before, to admit that they don't love it.

I think we can all agree that it's definitely not the Mika material that we are used to, but we love Mika and support everything he does so we are determined to adapt. Others were just absolutely fascinated at the first listen, so the variety in the opinions are immense.

This is a really good thought, I agree with it. Are we automatically going to like this whole album just beause we think its brilliant already. I hope not.

Am I the only one who can't hear "WAG" on Mika's myspace anymore? :(

I think someone said it would only be streamed for 24 hours. But I can't remember where I read that :old:

Am I the only one who can't hear "WAG" on Mika's myspace anymore? :(

I think the idea was that it would be on for 24 hours only..:wink2:

(and now you can pre-order the download with the link available.)

is it true that the ending of WAG was different? The version on Mika's myspace from the one we've heard so far on radio I mean? :wink2:

It was 30 secs longer and with 2 parts repeated, I guess, one being him shouting the chorus and then the kids's choir doing the same...

So, no significant difference

is it true that the ending of WAG was different? The version on Mika's myspace from the one we've heard so far on radio I mean? :wink2:

Just a bit- more choir, then another falsetto bit. A lot of people preferred it, but I'd go for the whispering end myself.