The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

That may be a dumb question, but how many did he sell of the first CD?

I keep hearing different numbers everywhere!

Last time I checked on some official chart it was 5.67million - so that's close to 6 million

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is interesting silver.

If you take into account that the industry would have expected an increase then figure the decrease - then add to that - most of the buyers or listeners of music are young people who are technically savy & have access to free music - the actual loss of sales in actual hard copy albums and/or itune purchases it starts to really add up to a huge loss of sales.

like i said before, what i've heard is that the legal downloads have increased whereas the sales of physical CDs have indeed decreased. it gave a boost to digital downloads that they're now DRM-free. think the numbers they talked about were for worldwide, but of course it can be different in single countries. :dunno:

It is quite difficult to know the truth concerning the real album sales. For example on Wikipedia they say that Fall Out Boys would have sold 4 million albums of "Folie à deux" but on World Wide Albums site (which we use as reference) the album sales are only 844000. Who to believe?

Could be a strategy to pretend that an album is good because lots of people have bought it? :fisch:

That may be a dumb question, but how many did he sell of the first CD?

I keep hearing different numbers everywhere!

5,1 million...I will never forget as I lost the Mika quiz on that question during the album hearing:mf_rosetinted:

Am I the only one who believes that Mika's sold more than 660,000 copies of TBWKTM? Like, about a million? :blink:

I think he must have sold about a million till now. Plus I've read it twice in UK newspaper.

Am I the only one who believes that Mika's sold more than 660,000 copies of TBWKTM? Like, about a million? :blink:

I think he must have sold about a million till now. Plus I've read it twice in UK newspaper.

In the UK they said they had shipped a million albums. That means sent out to suppliers - not actually sold to customers.

I also believe that Mika's TBWKTM has sold more than 667,000.

Though not because the UK newspapers say so.

They exaggerate something fierce from my little experience.

But I am stubborn & I have been at a loss to explain these low sales of this amazing, well reviewed album & the well attended concerts.

Yet I do trust Worldwidealbums - they have been accurate until now.:roftl::roftl:

I suppose time will tell.

I also believe that Mika's TBWKTM has sold more than 667,000.

Though not because the UK newspapers say so.

They exaggerate something fierce from my little experience.

But I am stubborn & I have been at a loss to explain these low sales of this amazing, well reviewed album & the well attended concerts.

Yet I do trust Worldwidealbums - they have been accurate until now.:roftl::roftl:

I suppose time will tell.

I've just been to worldwidealbums and studied the 2009 sales list a bit. When you notice the artists that have sold less copies of their albums than Mika, you realize that 667,000 in just 3 months cant be called low sales. After seeing that list I think that TBWKTM has done really well so far and I'm convinced it'll do even better this year:thumb_yello:

I would love to know what the record label had in terms of sales targets for TBWKTM, and just how far off target the actual sales figures are.

I would also love to be a fly on the wall to hear label conversations about it. :teehee:

Edited by lollipop_monkey

Rain is still doing very well in many European countries: #3 in Italy, #6 in France, #5 in Belgium and #35 in Swizerland.

There seems to be a kind of a cultural or linguistic frontier: Rain does well in latin countries (perhaps in Swzerland Rain is popular amongst the french speaking people and more popular in Wallonie than in Flandery).

Edited by Menthe

In Belgium the radio channels sometimes have their own list ,

on MNM (MNM50) MIKA is now on 23. He lost 4 places. :(

->He keeps losing places . :( I vote him every day on #1 ! Ö

And on Qmusic (Top 40 Hitlist) he is on the 2nd place ! <3 :biggrin2:

Both with Rain . (:

And in the Belgium Ultratop50 charts , he is on 5th place in Flanders and 3th place in Wallonie , also with Rain . (:

I've just been to worldwidealbums and studied the 2009 sales list a bit. When you notice the artists that have sold less copies of their albums than Mika, you realize that 667,000 in just 3 months cant be called low sales. After seeing that list I think that TBWKTM has done really well so far and I'm convinced it'll do even better this year:thumb_yello:

I agree with you Louiza!

In Belgium the radio channels sometimes have their own list ,

on MNM (MNM50) MIKA is now on 23. He lost 4 places. :(

->He keeps losing places . :( I vote him every day on #1 ! Ö

And on Qmusic (Top 40 Hitlist) he is on the 2nd place ! <3 :biggrin2:

Both with Rain . (:

And in the Belgium Ultratop50 charts , he is on 5th place in Flanders and 3th place in Wallonie , also with Rain . (:

NikkyQuiRit could you post the link in the "Vote For Mika" thread at the top of this section please?

We could help with the voting.

On the Apple Itunes Top Pop Album Charts Today TBWKTM:

# 9 in Belgium

Life In Cartoon Motion: Yes LICM keeps reappearing in the charts for some countries. Kudos Mika!

# 6 in Portugal

# 8 Luxembourg

The Single Rain in the Apple Itunes Top Pop Charts:

# 5 in France

# 8 in Belgium

# 6 in Italy

# 5 in Spain

Kudos Mika!!

I'm looking at the midweeks for the album and Paulo nutini is going to be peak at No.1 again :shocked: after he only performed on Jools Holland's NYE show...

See what promo can do for you! And Paulo isn't having that much success with his singles either!

On another note, Paolo started a fan club in November and he's holding a private gig for members soon. :fisch:

God can you imagine a gig full of MFCers. Full of them? How would it be decided who would be at the front?

Queueing for a week beforehand?