"The Boy Who Knew Too Much" Album

Giulietta

I

I think the fact that you can associate it with many things it might refer to shows that it is a good choice... To begin with, people will start talking about it.. and I think this kind of publicity cannot be bad...

Also, I think he will probably have a long story to tell about the choice of the title, so that will again draw more attention on the album itself than any other dumb things journalists might want to ask him...:cool:

I think the title is very interesting. I keep thinking what it means. I didn't know the Simpsons connection. It just reminded me about that movie (A Man Who Knew Too Much??). I told my husband about it, and he started thinking too. So, I think that's good :biggrin2:

Artwork is wonderful, love it :wub2:

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The postage stamp on the album cover is 1999.

A nod to Prince?

A nod to the year Mika turned 16?

:blink:

It's funny I always think of that year when Mika talks about being a teenager because I was living and working in his neighbourhood at the time. When I first discovered Mika I felt an affinity with him for being a Londoner, but so much has happened since then. I'd sort of forgotten about this idea that we could have easily crossed paths dozens of times in 1999 because we are living in different worlds now both literally and figuratively.

Now I'm reminded that while I was doing my grocery shopping or rounding up students from their residence that there was this kid down the street dancing around in his bedroom dreaming of being a popstar. One that knew he had something special and was determined to make his dreams a reality even if the people who passed him on the pavement or in the tube station didn't give him a second look.

Omg I see myself on it. :mf_rosetinted:

(that space theme)

:lmfao:

:bow:

Do you want a balloon?

I love IT...

OH MY GOD. I HAD NO IDEA THAT WAS TIM CURRY!

Wow. Fail on me.

*MSN slaps*

How couldn't you know it was Tim???

Cover wise, the artwork is growing on my, but the title isn't... and as for the discussion about what to refer to is as rather than the acronym, how about the scond album? :shrug:

I think the title is very interesting. I keep thinking what it means. I didn't know the Simpsons connection. It just reminded me about that movie (A Man Who Knew Too Much??). I told my husband about it, and he started thinking too. So, I think that's good :biggrin2:

Artwork is wonderful, love it :wub2:

Hitcock, 1956 The Man who Knew too Much (I looked up the year, didn't know that....:wink2:)

Hitcock, 1956 The Man who Knew too Much (I looked up the year, didn't know that....:wink2:)

Perhaps someone is able to download this Simpson-episode, so that we can see if the new title has got anything to do with it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU8z1Zh5Utc&feature=related

I think we'll never know until he reveals it:wink2:... Probably neither of the two, just some random idea:naughty:..

I can also imagine him reading that aricle after Jacko's death and thinking about that as the title....When I read the article it was the title that struck me most... :wink2:... :dunno: The structure itself actually reminds me of Bowie's The Man Who Sold the World album.

...but given the right amount of time I can come up with 100s of more ideas and interpretations...:naughty:.. it's fun:biggrin2:

It's funny I always think of that year when Mika talks about being a teenager because I was living and working in his neighbourhood at the time. When I first discovered Mika I felt an affinity with him for being a Londoner, but so much has happened since then. I'd sort of forgotten about this idea that we could have easily crossed paths dozens of times in 1999 because we are living in different worlds now both literally and figuratively.

Now I'm reminded that while I was doing my grocery shopping or rounding up students from their residence that there was this kid down the street dancing around in his bedroom dreaming of being a popstar. One that knew he had something special and was determined to make his dreams a reality even if the people who passed him on the pavement or in the tube station didn't give him a second look.

i luv ur words!! u've juz made me kind of speechless:wub2:

okay the new name doesn't impress me much and i think it's quite difficult to type TBWKTM out:mf_rosetinted: but i luv this cover, my desktop wallpaper now:thumb_yello:

Looking for this episode ?:teehee:

http://www.mediafire.com/?vmqwxyymimy

Probably yes. I have no time for download+watching. Never watch(ed) The Simpsons, will not do so now. But maybe other people will see smt in it. Thanks for posting the downloadlink!

i luv ur words!! u've juz made me kind of speechless:wub2:

okay the new name doesn't impress me much and i think it's quite difficult to type TBWKTM out:mf_rosetinted: but i luv this cover, my desktop wallpaper now:thumb_yello:

I heard we're gonna call the CD "The Boy"............I like:wub2:

Well after sleeping on it, I still find the new title underwhelming, but I am getting my head around the change now, and I do think 'The Boy' is a good short term for it, since the acronym/initials shortcut is so unfriendly.

The artwork is predictable maybe, but still very effective, and I do like it. Especially the clown silhouette Greg :naughty::wub2: Has anyone else pointed out the Alex from Clockwork Orange bit yet? Bottom left.

...have just seen this:

i think i like TBWKTM*,it reminds me of TMWSTW**too and alsoTMWSHF.***

but it's not the best title ever TBH****

* =the boy who knew too much

** =the man who sold the world

*** =the monk who sold his ferrari

**** = to be honest

:aah:

:floor:

Probably yes. I have no time for download+watching. Never watch(ed) The Simpsons, will not do so now. But maybe other people will see smt in it. Thanks for posting the downloadlink!

I heard we're gonna call the CD "The Boy"............I like:wub2:

The boy who lived:mf_rosetinted:

The artwork is predictable maybe, but still very effective, and I do like it. Especially the clown silhouette Greg :naughty::wub2: Has anyone else pointed out the Alex from Clockwork Orange bit yet? Bottom left.

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Actually, I have not paid much attention to the detail so far. I am sure everything there carries a meaning. Thanks for pointing these out. You are absolutely right, I think.

Edited by suzie

The boy who lived:mf_rosetinted:

Right. I am going to share something with you all now that you will find breathtaking :teehee::mf_rosetinted: and I swear on all things mikaish it's the total truth!

Around Christmas 2007 I was reading A Harry Potter book and came across the phrase 'the boy who lived'. Around the same time I had started thinking about what Mika might do with his second album and what the title might be, as you do, as a fan. And I actually wrote down on a piece of paper..Mika second album title..'The Boy who Lived'. I had it in my mind that his second album would be about his transition either a) from childhood to adulthood or b) from obscurity to fame, and that the title 'the boy who lived' would be a good way to allude to survival instinct.

:shocked: I predicted the first three words of his second album title, almost two years ago.

lol, i thought of harry potter too when i read the title. :bleh:

don't know if it has been posted yet, but here's a high quality version of the cover: http://artists.universal-music.de/_artists/mika/images/MIKAAlbumCvrRGB.jpg :wink2: - the bearded man on the painting, is it dumbledore? :naughty:

Edited by mellody

I wish 1999 me (at age 15) could have met 1999 Mika.

I was a total nutcase at 15, but a rather creative one. I think he and I would have hit it off beautifully. :roftl:

I lived in the UK for part of the year I was 15. I was dancing round like a lunatic at discos in Scotland...pity it was 1977 and Mika wasn't even a twinkle in his father's eye.:aah:

I went back to live in the UK when Mika was 10 or 11...just when he was being taken out of school and starting his music lessons, I guess.

It would be way too weird for me to go back to my 1999 self. I had my third child that year.:teehee:

I lived in the UK for part of the year I was 15. I was dancing round like a lunatic at discos in Scotland...pity it was 1977 and Mika wasn't even a twinkle in his father's eye.:aah:

I went back to live in the UK when Mika was 10 or 11...just when he was being taken out of school and starting his music lessons, I guess.

It would be way too weird for me to go back to my 1999 self. I had my third child that year.:teehee:

1999 was one of the happiest years of my life. I had just had my first child and loved becoming a Mum so much. :wub2: Plus I got engaged. I probably didn't listen to any music at all that year apart from lullabies :naughty:, in fact I know, I was completely and utterly off pop/rock music at that time. I certainly could have no idea at all that at that time, a geeky sixteen year old boy who I would become a huge fan of eight years hence was dancing in his pants in a bedroom in London, dreaming of stardom. :aah:

Really, when you think of stuff in that way, it kind of does your head in doesn't it?

I am confused??

I am one of the very few who doesn't like the new title.

I am surprised at myself mostly as I have pretty much loved everything Mika has done.

I think the artwork is Brilliant & Beautiful!

I love all the music I have heard so far!

I am hoping I will get used to the new title.

But - if we here start calling the new album "The Boy" doesn't that totally negate Mika's new title, "The Boy Who Knew Too Much?"

I understand why we want to shorten the title & i get that the acronym doesn't work as well as LICM - but -I don't know - it seems disrespectful somehow doesn't it???

I can't believe I am defending the full title - believe me. Hahaha!

I am confused??

I am one of the very few who doesn't like the new title.

I am surprised at myself mostly as I have pretty much loved everything Mika has done.

I think the artwork is Brilliant & Beautiful!

I love all the music I have heard so far!

I am hoping I will get used to the new title.

But - if we here start calling the new album "The Boy" doesn't that totally negate Mika's new title, "The Boy Who Knew Too Much?"

I understand why we want to shorten the title & i get that the acronym doesn't work as well as LICM - but -I don't know - it seems disrespectful somehow doesn't it???

I can't believe I am defending the full title - believe me. Hahaha!

Well I am one of the others who isn't keen, so you're not alone!

As for shortening the title, it just seems inevitable that it WILL be shortened, as it it a long title and we are lazy typers :naughty: and typing out the whole thing time and time again will become tiresome for most of us.

People are free to call it what they want, whether that be The Boy Who Knew Too Much (aagh my fingers :aah:), The Boy, Boy, TBWKTM, or, as in my case, WAG :shun:

Right. I am going to share something with you all now that you will find breathtaking :teehee::mf_rosetinted: and I swear on all things mikaish it's the total truth!

Around Christmas 2007 I was reading A Harry Potter book and came across the phrase 'the boy who lived'. Around the same time I had started thinking about what Mika might do with his second album and what the title might be, as you do, as a fan. And I actually wrote down on a piece of paper..Mika second album title..'The Boy who Lived'. I had it in my mind that his second album would be about his transition either a) from childhood to adulthood or b) from obscurity to fame, and that the title 'the boy who lived' would be a good way to allude to survival instinct.

:shocked: I predicted the first three words of his second album title, almost two years ago.

What's the name for my future husband? :mf_rosetinted::teehee::roftl: