The "I See You" Thread

CazGirl

I see tripping as in someone who can no longer see sense, they're so blinded by their affections. "Tripping over you" means, to me, that they're so in love or infatuated with a certain person. It could also be a self esteem issue, like, Mika's made no secret that he was an outsider at school, maybe it means that he could do nothing around them; couldn't talk or act properly and just ended up being clumsy. But not literally. I don't mean he actually tripped up over them lol

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm falling is so bitter and full of pain and oh my God it's honestly my favorite Mika song and i don't think that I See You can ever reach that point for me...but i like them both each in a different way :bleh:

Each note he plays in the beginning of i'm falling just send shivers down my spine :wub2:

I'm falling is so bitter and full of pain and oh my God it's honestly my favorite Mika song and i don't think that I See You can ever reach that point for me...but i like them both each in a different way :bleh:

Each note he plays in the beginning of i'm falling just send shivers down my spine :wub2:

I agree with everything you said. I love I'm Falling so much, it's definitely the most beautiful song in the world. But I really love I See You too, it's my favorite from the new album (with Rain, Dr John, By the Time and many other songs).

I'm Falling sounds really personal. Maybe he didn't want to record it for that reason, I mean he sounds really fragile in that song :wub2:

To me, they are like two different songs but I do love them both.:blush-anim-cl:

I'm Falling is pure, simple, heartfelt, personal and achieves its effect with the simplest means - the piano and (multi-layered) vocals only:wub2:

I See You has clearly been 'worked on' create a most perfect, big sounding ballad. And they have managed to do that. :thumb_yello:

I think this song actually has the biggest potential to introduce Mika to new audiences and make his name well-known in many new markets.:harp:

It absolutely sounds like a huge power ballad from the 80s / early 90s and l hope it will find its way to a film soundtrack soon.

Oh, you actually said it all here, I agree, again :wink2:

I agree with everything you said. I love I'm Falling so much, it's definitely the most beautiful song in the world. But I really love I See You too, it's my favorite from the new album (with Rain, Dr John, By the Time and many other songs).

I'm Falling sounds really personal. Maybe he didn't want to record it for that reason, I mean he sounds really fragile in that song :wub2:

i agree. and i don't mean this offensively to Meeks but there are some points in the sounds where he sounds as if he's in too much emotional pain to even sing properly.

lol..

=S

i agree. and i don't mean this offensively to Meeks but there are some points in the sounds where he sounds as if he's in too much emotional pain to even sing properly.

lol..

=S

Funny you should say that about I'm Falling/I See You, but I get that same impression when he sings Rain.

I saw it in him at Sadler's Wells, I was really struck by it actually :blink:. Whoever he wrote that 'letter' to hurt him bad :sneaky2::blink:

lol..

=S

Funny you should say that about I'm Falling/I See You, but I get that same impression when he sings Rain.

I saw it in him at Sadler's Wells, I was really struck by it actually :blink:. Whoever he wrote that 'letter' to hurt him bad :sneaky2::blink:

I agree with both of you. But I like that he has such connections to his songs. It proves that he really cares about his work in a a way, because he knows what will make for a good song and fights past the pain to make it.

lol..

=S

Are you both talking about the live versions or the recorded version? Cause I agree that he does when he plays them live :)

I know a huge part of what sets I See You apart from I'm Falling is that it's a fully developed, orchestrated mini-opera, but I'd actually love to hear just Mika and his piano doing I See You for a comparison against I'm Falling. Or even just a less-operatic live version, y'know?

I know a huge part of what sets I See You apart from I'm Falling is that it's a fully developed, orchestrated mini-opera, but I'd actually love to hear just Mika and his piano doing I See You for a comparison against I'm Falling. Or even just a less-operatic live version, y'know?

I'm Falling would win :naughty:

Are you both talking about the live versions or the recorded version? Cause I agree that he does when he plays them live :)

I personally was just talking about "I'm falling".

I'd love to hear that too.

You guys have to realise that I'm Falling HAD to become I See You.

I agree that I'm Falling is the most heartfelt, strong and sad song in existance, but only fans see it that way. I'm Falling COULD NOT be on the album. It just wouldnt work.

I think I'm Falling is more like a special secret between Mika and the most dedicated fans. Its beautiful. I See You is also beautiful and a great progression.

I love them both :wub2:

You guys have to realise that I'm Falling HAD to become I See You.

I agree that I'm Falling is the most heartfelt, strong and sad song in existance, but only fans see it that way. I'm Falling COULD NOT be on the album. It just wouldnt work.

I think I'm Falling is more like a special secret between Mika and the most dedicated fans. Its beautiful. I See You is also beautiful and a great progression.

I love them both :wub2:

So true and so beautifully said!:wub2:

• 4 weeks later...
So true and so beautifully said!:wub2:

I've never heard I'm falling :( *sigh* The suckyness of being a nooby fan.

I really like I see you. It reminds me of Social Anxiety though. I still really like it it's insecure and vunerable perhaps not as much as I'm falling but I wouldn't be able to compare.

ohh I LOVE that song:wub2: I really 100% identify with it & then some I'm afraid it is SO me!!! It's unbelievable!!:shocked:

I used to say that a lot of the songs on Darren Hayes' album the tension & the spark sound to me lyrically like Darren had lived inside my head & heart for a few years then written about my feelings & experiences & now the same is very true of this song of Mika's it is 100% me very much so!