The "I See You" Thread

CazGirl

So, it seems Walter Afanasieff has a lot to do with the instrumental arrangements on the song....

:doh:

That's why it sounds like a movie soundtrack - something between Licence to Kill and the Titanic one..:teehee:

He was a great choice to work with...:thumb_yello:

Ah, so it wasn't my imagination. Some of it sounds so yummy, gorgeous and lush. Just like a movie soundtrack.

Actually, I'm firmly convinced that film score is the "new" classical music. There are even a few video games that have brilliant music that sounds like film score.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

andy? wow, i missed the fact that we already know his last name! :blink: interesting... *goes googling* :naughty:

but btt, "i see you" is the new "hello" for me. that lionel richie song was one of my faves as a teenager, for a good part because of the lyrics, which express quite the same as "i see you". it's so great to now have a new wonderful song that expresses these feelings with such beautiful words. it makes me sigh reading the lyrics. :wub2:

It's so extremely beautiful :teehee: though I also loved 'I'm fallin' itself, it was more simple but that made it very pure. but anyways, still love it :wub2:

When I first heard the clip of I See you I hated it because I loved I'm Falling so much!

But now that I've heard the whole thing I feel better about it :teehee:

I love everything Mika does :wub2:

from the i.Tunes deluxe version of TBWKTM

I'm sitting across from you

I'm dreaming of the things I'd do

I don't speak

You don't know me at all

For fear of what you might do

I say nothing but stare at you

And I'm dreaming

I'm tripping over you

Truth be told my problem's old

You mean the world to me but you'll never know

You could be cruel to me

(so) why go risking the way that I see you

That I see you,

that I see you,

that I see you,

that I see you,

Conversation's not me at all

I'm hestitating only to fall

and I'm waiting,

and hating everyone

Could it be you feel for me

In any possible similarity

If it's so how would I know

to never know me at all

(4x) but I see you

(2x)I'm standing across from you

I've dreamt alone

now the dreams won't do

Truth be told, my problem's old

You mean the world to me but you'll never know

You could be cruel to me

Why go risking the way that I see you

(4x) but I see you

(4x) I'm standing across from you

I've dreamt alone

now the dreams won't do

Edited by DANI56

This song has just been added to my list of The Most Beautiful Songs Ever Written! 'Happy Ending' was top of that list for me, but now I'm all teary-eyed over 'I See You' - it may just take the No.1 slot from 'HE'!!! I close my eyes and listen to it and it's just utterly gorgeous...the words, his voice, the music...perfect :wub2:

I was immediately hooked to the demo song, "Falling", so you can imagine my reaction when I found out this song was incorporated into "I See You." I love the changes he's made to the song. I thought the music arrangement was brilliantly done and his emotions come through so beautifully! I am sure this will be made into a single... at least I hope it is. This is by far, my favorite song on the new album.

God Bless Mika!! :mf_lustslow:

I was immediately hooked to the demo song, "Falling", so you can imagine my reaction when I found out this song was incorporated into "I See You." I love the changes he's made to the song. I thought the music arrangement was brilliantly done and his emotions come through so beautifully! I am sure this will be made into a single... at least I hope it is. This is by far, my favorite song on the new album.

God Bless Mika!! :mf_lustslow:

hello and welcome to the forum! :bye:

I'm pretty certain I actually prefer I'm Falling - but I'm giving both songs more time to build their individual impressions in my head.

I definitely prefer I'm Falling, but I like I See You too.

To me, they are like two different songs but I do love them both.:blush-anim-cl:

I'm Falling is pure, simple, heartfelt, personal and achieves its effect with the simplest means - the piano and (multi-layered) vocals only:wub2:

I See You has clearly been 'worked on' create a most perfect, big sounding ballad. And they have managed to do that. :thumb_yello:

I think this song actually has the biggest potential to introduce Mika to new audiences and make his name well-known in many new markets.:harp:

It absolutely sounds like a huge power ballad from the 80s / early 90s and l hope it will find its way to a film soundtrack soon.

To me, they are like two different songs but I do love them both.:blush-anim-cl:

I'm Falling is pure, simple, heartfelt, personal and achieves its effect with the simplest means - the piano and (multi-layered) vocals only:wub2:

I See You has clearly been 'worked on' create a most perfect, big sounding ballad. And they have managed to do that. :thumb_yello:

I think this song actually has the biggest potential to introduce Mika to new audiences and make his name well-known in many new markets.:harp:

It absolutely sounds like a huge power ballad from the 80s / early 90s and l hope it will find its way to a film soundtrack soon.

I think I See You could make it as a single, if released at the right time

Could someone explain me what does "tripping over you" exactly mean. I can't find a good traslation for this verb. Thank you!!!!

I think he means "tripping" as in under the influence of drugs - to describe how this person affects him..

I think he means "tripping" as in under the influence of drugs - to describe how this person affects him..

Thank you for the explanation, but how does "over you" match with it? Sorry I am quite slow some times. :blush-anim-cl: