The "I See You" Thread

CazGirl

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyrically, I know I'm Falling and I See You are very similar, but I actually prefer the lyrics for I'm Falling. I think they sound more vulnerable and sincere.

I appreciate Mika's slower songs more now that the second album is out. They've really grown on me.

i agree, but I See You... wow, i cry to it everytime i hear it... even when i have it on repeat, i just can't stop crying :tears:

first time i heard I'm Falling, i cried for almost half an hour (thankfully no one was in the house at the time!) the words speak soo many words and tell so many stories... i guess i'll always be a sucker for slow songs :wub2::blush-anim-cl:

I've done a little sequence on my MP3 player: "I'm Falling", then the performance of "I See You" from Through The Looking Glass, then "I See You" from the album. It's interesting to see how the song develops.

But I still love "I'm Falling" best :tears:

I've never heard I'm falling :( *sigh* The suckyness of being a nooby fan.

I really like I see you. It reminds me of Social Anxiety though. I still really like it it's insecure and vunerable perhaps not as much as I'm falling but I wouldn't be able to compare.

You can still find "I'm falling" on youtube, if you want to listen to it! Both songs are beautiful and heartbreaking and I love both equally; they're so romantic!:wub2:

ohh I LOVE that song:wub2: I really 100% identify with it & then some I'm afraid it is SO me!!! It's unbelievable!!:shocked:

I used to say that a lot of the songs on Darren Hayes' album the tension & the spark sound to me lyrically like Darren had lived inside my head & heart for a few years then written about my feelings & experiences & now the same is very true of this song of Mika's it is 100% me very much so!

I often wonder how Mika manages to catch my inner feelings so well in words and music!:blush-anim-cl: He says he writes about his own, so I guess his honesty when sharing his feelings is what makes me feel that he's so close to my emotions!:thumb_yello: Everyone who's sensitive must recognize themselves in Mika's songse emotions!:wub2::mf_lustslow:

I've never heard I'm falling :( *sigh* The suckyness of being a nooby fan.

I really like I see you. It reminds me of Social Anxiety though. I still really like it it's insecure and vunerable perhaps not as much as I'm falling but I wouldn't be able to compare.

Hey, you do know that the song is uploaded on youtube right?

A lot of his unreleased stuff is there too if you haven't gotten the chance to hear it :-)

Hey, you do know that the song is uploaded on youtube right?

A lot of his unreleased stuff is there too if you haven't gotten the chance to hear it :-)

On the MFC there is an agreement not to discuss the unreleased songs and demos - see FAQ

"Mika recorded a number of demos for Life in Cartoon Motion that did not make it onto the final album. These were leaked some time ago, and have made their way around the internet. They are not official releases, and Mika prefers that people do not share them further since these are unfinished versions of the songs and he may want to release them in another format at another time. MFC members prefer to comply with Mika’s wishes on the subject, and discuss only officially released songs, or songs that have been performed live."

On the MFC there is an agreement not to discuss the unreleased songs and demos - see FAQ

"Mika recorded a number of demos for Life in Cartoon Motion that did not make it onto the final album. These were leaked some time ago, and have made their way around the internet. They are not official releases, and Mika prefers that people do not share them further since these are unfinished versions of the songs and he may want to release them in another format at another time. MFC members prefer to comply with Mika’s wishes on the subject, and discuss only officially released songs, or songs that have been performed live."

Oh I'm sorry :blink:

I LOVE this song.

It's beautiful...I can't think of a better word to describe it. :) I can relate to the lyrics and it's really quite romantic (just like I think Touches You is too, or that may be my interpretation. Anyway, when I heard this song it was like the Happy Ending of LICM for TBWKTM. xD (If that makes sense)

This is one of my favorite songs on the album!! it's EXACTLY how I was in high school! :blush-anim-cl:

It's a really beautiful song, I always feel I can't breath while I'm listening to it, it has a weird power. I've learnt to love it almost as much as I love I'm Falling :wub2:

I read this thread the other day, and was amused by the comments about needing to know someone before we can love them. There is an old song (30 to 40 years old!) sung by afellow who goes on al song about how much he loves this girl, he's loved her for so long, etc. Th eend of the song he says effectively 'now I just need to know her name!"

I tend to remark caustically to my husband about how unrealistic that is, and he always says, that's how boys are! They just do that!

No need to speak to the love object, until you're well in!

It might not be done that way anymore, but I reckon it might, too! If the boy was the quite retiring type...

• 5 months later...
Anyone seen this already?

Okay I thought that was kinda funny. I mean, it's just so over the top that it's hilarious. :roftl:

My only edit would have been kidnapping her object of affection and sticking her in a giant birdcage instead. That would have been even better. :roftl:

• 1 month later...

Heard I See You on the radio now!! I asked the presenter and she said that it was released for radio play. Does that mean it's the new single? :blink: