Which songs would you like Mika to release as singles for TBWKTM?

keti

I would love 'I See You' to be released at Christmastime. But the only problem with any single released at Christmastime is, The X Factor. The winners single (which is usually some cheesy cover of an old song) always gets the Christmas number one spot!

Still, maybe Mika could change things this year!

I KNOW, OMG, selfish gits :sneaky2:

I'd love to have I See You at Christmas...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love 'I See You' to be released at Christmastime. But the only problem with any single released at Christmastime is, The X Factor. The winners single (which is usually some cheesy cover of an old song) always gets the Christmas number one spot!

Still, maybe Mika could change things this year!

Hmm- then MIka's triumph will be all the greater! Can't you imagine a Mika Christmas vid... :swoon: Whether a traditional one, dark eyelashes tangling wiht the snowflakes... or a quirky one- he's the man to drive X factor off the top slot!

(It was Allelujah last year wasn't it, I bought it... oh dear- but not this year!)

Think how much he loves TOYS! And glitter- He's a natural, I'm telling you. And giving people things! (like lollies which are summery, but lets not nit pick) Imagine him with flashing antlers (be honest now, would you even realise he was in costume :naughty:)

Edited by Soaring Simpson

• 4 weeks later...

Rain seems the be the most popular in France. It's no 5 now on French iTunes. I wonder if this will be like between Relax (the most popular one in the continental Europe) and Grace Kelly (No. 1 in UK). So, which one could be more popular than Rain in UK?

Rain seems the be the most popular in France. It's no 5 now on French iTunes. I wonder if this will be like between Relax (the most popular one in the continental Europe) and Grace Kelly (No. 1 in UK). So, which one could be more popular than Rain in UK?

How is Rain a single on ITunes? I didn't think it would be released yet. I heard that bIOTG will be the next single. "Colour me confused!"

How is Rain a single on ITunes? I didn't think it would be released yet. I heard that bIOTG will be the next single. "Colour me confused!"

You can buy any song from the album. Rain has been downloaded so many times that it is already on the iTunes top 10. No 4 now!

You can buy any song from the album. Rain has been downloaded so many times that it is already on the iTunes top 10. No 4 now!

That shows how strong that song is.

Perhaps the Taratata show also helped it a bit but still, it is likely to become a huge hit all across Europe once it's officially released.:thumb_yello:

I definately think releasing By The Time would be an interesting if not clever move - it's one of the best songs on the album in my opinion, it's heavier than some of the others and would show a side of Mika which I think tends to remain on the album and thus generally seen only by people who are already his fans.

Plus, if he did a video for it and teamed up with Imogen to film it, I think it would attract attention, because Imogen and Mika are vocally and musically actually very suited, but it's certainly not a link I would have immediately made. So I think it would make non-Mika fans stop and go 'oh hey, what now?' and listen to it, and thus his other material too.

I think. :blink:

I definately think releasing By The Time would be an interesting if not clever move

I think. :blink:

I think it is more or less decided that the singles released will be:

1., WAG

2., Blame It On The Girls

3., Rain

4., I See You

+ probably Dr John

..based on the fact that these are the ones he filmed for the channel 4 programme (+and the album it seems)

However, you must remember that it's Mika so even if that was the plan, he might change it. I personally think Rain and I See You are great choices, so he shouldn't change it further if that is what has already been decided.

(perhaps in the US something else instead of Rain would be a better choice..)

PS: I have saved most of your analyses from last night, I have yet to read them and will reply later I guess :wink2: - after I finished my day in real life :biggrin2:

Oh yeah I don't expect him to release By The Time, I just think it would be a great choice if he did.

Also, thank you! I'm flattered. I wrote a bit in the By The Time thread today, I look forward to hearing what you say :biggrin2:

Blame It On The Girls will be a very good single, it's still got more depth than a lot of what he's released as singles (not criticising anything here by the way, but most singles have a pretty obvious simple message I think, as will Rain.)

Dr John would be awesome also, due to the change in style in it.

Naturally I also think Toy Boy would be brilliant as a single, but that would never happen :roftl:

• 3 months later...
He said something in an article about not wanting Dr. John to be a single, so I'm not betting on that one.

I'm thinking BIOTG and Rain for sure - I think they both have decent US hit potential, in addition to the rest of the world. Then one of the ballads. Beyond that... I'm not sure. :dunno:

Keep in mind there were only five singles from LICM, I think? Six if you count Lollipop, but that one's an odd one since it was packaged as a re-release double single with Relax, there was never a "proper" video, and I don't think it got much airplay. :blink:

There is a vid to lollipop, a wonderful cartoon one

Enjoy! :huglove:

Just out of curiosity, why does everyone seem to think 'Blame it on the Girls' would be most popular in the US, like over the rest of the songs?

I also feel like Mika thinks that because he's done that song most, if not always, on American talk shows.

I just don't understand it!

My favorite ones has already been released (BIOTG, Rain and WAG), so i think he did a good job!!

other than that id loooove to see a video clip for Touches you!!!! LOL

Good Gone Girl is cool, and I See You too!

Just out of curiosity, why does everyone seem to think 'Blame it on the Girls' would be most popular in the US, like over the rest of the songs?

I also feel like Mika thinks that because he's done that song most, if not always, on American talk shows.

I just don't understand it!

It's probably a marketing strategy,that doesn't mean it will be more popular than the others in the US!:teehee:

My fav is good gone girl as my siggie proudly says, but I wonder if it will be a single; I'd love it to be obviously! I heard it once on TV as they were promoting a show and used it for the teasing! I was really happy! In France, the music channels played WAG a lot first, then Rain and now both Rain and Blame it on the girls and they often play Grace Kelly, Relax, Love Today and Happy Ending in that order...I've only seen Lollipop vid on internet, never on TV!

Well, most of my favorite songs are already released as singles so there aren't so many to choose from.

By the Time would be gorgeous if he made a music video for it 'Happy Ending'-esque, I'd love it.

Toy Boy would make a great animation as well :)

Good Gone Girl will make a lively vid, mostly like BIOTG.

Well I'd just want him to release ALL the songs into singles :P:)