Mika spends £25k on bar tab -- The Sun

dcdeb

:jawdrop: Daaang. Even if I had 40k I'd still be 20k short paying off my loans for one year of school. :boxed:

I went to a small school, paid in-state tuition, and had some grants, so my original loan amount was $12,000. It's almost quadrupled since I got out of school because I have to keep getting it deferred when I go back to school or have really bad jobs.

The biggest reason I want to get out of this town is so that I can get a real job and pay the blasted thing off before it swallows me.

Of course, that isn't stopping me from applying for school again so that I can finish my Bachelor's and have a shot at a real job :naughty:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to a small school, paid in-state tuition, and had some grants, so my original loan amount was $12,000. It's almost quadrupled since I got out of school because I have to keep getting it deferred when I go back to school or have really bad jobs.

The biggest reason I want to get out of this town is so that I can get a real job and pay the blasted thing off before it swallows me.

Of course, that isn't stopping me from applying for school again so that I can finish my Bachelor's and have a shot at a real job :naughty:

I did the same. I went to a small state college for three years before photography school. I think tuition was more thank 12k though even for the in-state cost. I really hope I can get a job before I end up having to defer the loan. Education is too damn expensive and this economy sucks hardcore. :boxed: No matter where I apply when I tell them that I'm willing to move across the country at my own expense at any time they drop me like a sack of potatoes. :sneaky2: I guess no one likes serious determined people anymore? Whaaatever I don't need to work with people like that anyway. :shun:

I wonder really how much the tab ended up being. £25k just seems sooo out there for drinks even if there was 300 people there. :blink:

For those worrying about the bar bill - cocktails weren't included in the tab - at least at the beginning they weren't and if this doesn't teach you to believe nothing you read in the papers without questioning it then nothing will! They've got the day wrong and demonstrated their basic misunderstanding of maths!

£25000 divided by 300 people = over £83 per person on average. There is NO way I have ever drank that much white wine in one night (and I can drink) and Monday night was no different!

I am just out of shot on the right - the group round MIKA was actually twice the size that this pic would suggest but she couldn't get us all in!

For those worrying about the bar bill - cocktails weren't included in the tab - at least at the beginning they weren't and if this doesn't teach you to believe nothing you read in the papers without questioning it then nothing will! They've got the day wrong and demonstrated their basic misunderstanding of maths!

£25000 divided by 300 people = over £83 per person on average. There is NO way I have ever drank that much white wine in one night (and I can drink) and Monday night was no different!

I am just out of shot on the right - the group round MIKA was actually twice the size that this pic would suggest but she couldn't get us all in!

Don't worry about the MFC believing things that the papers say ...

Even if we act like we do, it's only for fun:wink2:

Yeah. Yeah. He needs to acknowledge his underage fan base SOMEHOW. :furious:

Lollipops maybe?:licks_lips:

Ooh- nice find

One-nil to the mirror

And it's all very well slagging off the tabloids about the cost, but the broadsheets don't have it in at all

I have no comment, I just wanted to quote because of the English! :biggrin2:

So happy I've been trained for over two years!:roftl:

:huglove: