Blue Sky

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:sniper::gun_bandana::gun_bandana::rocket::rocket:

I've had a very good week this week.

Oh... well then it's alright to shoot me :thumb_yello: Only people who have had good weeks though, don't wanna be shot by some whiny f#cker :mf_rosetinted:

You know Caz, I think that this week has totally transformed you :naughty:. It was lovely to spend all this time with you, I had a lot of fun.

in a good way I hope lol :naughty:

I just had some sleepies (after only having 3 hours sleep...mum tried to trick me by saying it was sunday evening :sneaky2:) and my 2nd V-Log got rejected cos it was too long -_-

I agree I used to go a lot when I was younger. In fact for a straight woman I always found them to have a really nice atmosphere, and I did last night too.

Let's get real here people.

IMO it was a gig for the regular Popstarz crowd. Mika wasn't bothered by us being there at all, but it was their night. And rightly so.

Yes, of course it was mainly for Popstarz crowd because it was organized there. MFCers can't that spoiled that they think every gig is for them?? :shocked: But there were also twenty something MFCers and some random folk I guess. Did we hurt someone's feelings by being there? Mika's?

It didn't even come to mind that this is a huge issue. Usually there are also fans at gigs like this. I chatted with that guy next to me (who was on the stage). I asked if he is a fan too. He laughed and said "no, I'm not a fan at all". So I thought he just liked to party and that he thought that Mika is hot :teehee: I didn't see that I ruined his evening just by being there next to him :shocked:

Tiibet, just to clarify, I didn't for a second judge anyone or say that people should be ashamed of anything. I was only writing down my personal feelings of the night.

As you know, I was also at the front row, and this is how I felt about it, which is why I said it. I am not accusing anyone of anything :blink::wink2:.

Yes, thanks, Sara. I just feel very bad right now, because a) I did something wrong because I was there and b) I didn't even notice it? :shocked:

I guess I feel myself very insecure on this forum right now. First people hated me for winning tickets, and now I didn't even realize it was wrong thing to be at Scala. And I have tickets to the NYC gig, it's not a secret. I was so excited about it, but not anymore. I can already see what is happening next :aah: (this was OT, sorry!!!!!! :biggrin2:)

I love this! You lot are crazy. :wub2:

It's okay. It's a nice place. But I think it's a dangerous place; once you're here, you're kinda stuck. People don't tend to fall off the Mika love train once they get here. :roftl:

glad you like the video! And don't worry, I'm not thinking of going at any time at all, so I'll make myself at home if you don't mind :blush-anim-cl:

Yes, of course it was mainly for Popstarz crowd because it was organized there. MFCers can't that spoiled that they think every gig is for them?? :shocked: But there were also twenty something MFCers and some random folk I guess. Did we hurt someone's feelings by being there? Mika's?

It didn't even come to mind that this is a huge issue. Usually there are also fans at gigs like this. I chatted with that guy next to me (who was on the stage). I asked if he is a fan too. He laughed and said "no, I'm not a fan at all". So I thought he just liked to party and that he thought that Mika is hot :teehee: I didn't see that I ruined his evening just by being there next to him :shocked:

Yes, thanks, Sara. I just feel very bad right now, because a) I did something wrong because I was there and b) I didn't even notice it? :shocked:

I guess I feel myself very insecure on this forum right now. First people hated me for winning tickets, and now I didn't even realize it was wrong thing to be at Scala. And I have tickets to the NYC gig, it's not a secret. I was so excited about it, but not anymore. I can already see what is happening next :aah: (this was OT, sorry!!!!!! :biggrin2:)

Tiibet, you weren't the only MFCer in the front row. None of us knew that Mika was going to talk about going to Popstarz or why it was so special to him.

And as for us "spoiling" things by standing around at the front, I have to say that there were a lot of guys who were standing with us and not dancing much either :naughty:

I'm sorry, I thought this was the second time he was there :shocked: I thought I read it from somewhere, but I guess I was wrong, sorry. But for me, it is obvious that many gays like his music. That's why I thought he is quite obvious choice to perform at a gay club.

I ask you for any news a couple of times, because people told me that Scala had emailed people (on a mailing list?) telling that the gig is not 45 minutes but much shorter. I can't read my emails from my mobile abroad so I asked you and someone else (I can't remember who, sorry) about news. I (like many others) traveled a long way, so I wanted to know in advance if gig was going to be a short one. Actually, it wasn't a short one, it was a proper gig, I think.

It might be easier for UK fans to just spend "a night out". There are more possibilities to see him and you know each other well. Maybe for people from other countries too, if they feel they have a lot of friends on MFC. Sorry about my anxiety yesterday, I try to control it better in a future.

Yes, I agree that a gay club was an obvious choice.....it was just the way that we as non regular attenders conducted ourselves that was in question...but as I have said, I am NOT judging.

No..............but I don't check emails on my mobile either............I wouldn't know where to start:shocked::wink2: But I think my point was that 'what will be will be'. If they had indeed changed it to 30 mins.....and as we discussed, if they had it may have had something to do with licencing laws/preforming rights etc........there was nothing we could have done about it.

Not everyone who lives in the UK has chances to see Mika mulitple times. Yes, I agree that there are (sometimes) more chances in the UK. Although Sadlers Wells was Mika's first UK gig for 16 mths. You, like I, are in a position to be able to travel. Even for UK based people it still costs a lot to travel/pay for accomodation etc. People are either in a postition to be able to do that or not.

Please don't feel you have to apologise for your anxiety. We are all different.

Tiibet, you are very sensitive! Nobody did anything wrong and people are just expressing their opinions

Don't worry about it all.

Mika is a mainstream artist?

In that he is played regularly on mainstream radio.....is on TV etc...he is not regarded as an alternative or minority artist:thumb_yello:

Thank you for your pics and Vids Tiibet.....they are amazing.

As Bab says Tiibet.......you didn't do anything wrong at all.

Please try and relax................and of course you must go to New York and enjoy it:thumb_yello::wub2::biggrin2:

eck, better. Pains have moved to my lower back, but they're not bad. I think they're just normal monthly pains.

Thanks for asking :-)

That is good news:thumb_yello: I went into a panic this afternoon when Abby said that she had seen on facebook that things like apendicitis were being mentioned:shocked: I said to Dave..'I know I was only in bed two and a half hours but I was literally inches away from Caz. I am sure I would have been aware if she had been writhing in agony or crying in pain:shocked:'

Glad to hear that you are feeling at least a bit better:wub2:

That is good news:thumb_yello: I went into a panic this afternoon when Abby said that she had seen on facebook that things like apendicitis were being mentioned:shocked: I said to Dave..'I know I was only in bed two and a half hours but I was literally inches away from Caz. I am sure I would have been aware if she had been writhing in agony or crying in pain:shocked:'

Glad to hear that you are feeling at least a bit better:wub2:

lol yeah no I wasn't screaming :naughty: but it was rather painful. I don't know if you noticed but I did keep going to the bathroom a lot because to be honest I was just waiting to be sick.

lol yeah no I wasn't screaming :naughty: but it was rather painful. I don't know if you noticed but I did keep going to the bathroom a lot because to be honest I was just waiting to be sick.

No, I really didn't.............I think I maybe heard you go once. I am sorry........I should have been more aware. But On Friday morning I had woken at 3:30 am so by 2am this morning I had been awake over 22 hrs. I am glad to hear you are ok though:wub2:

No, I really didn't.............I think I maybe heard you go once. I am sorry........I should have been more aware. But On Friday morning I had woken at 3:30 am so by 2am this morning I had been awake over 22 hrs. I am glad to hear you are ok though:wub2:

Don't be silly, you weren't to know. :thumb_yello:

Don't be silly, you weren't to know. :thumb_yello:

Well you did say that you had a problem before you went to bed. Anyway, I hope that if you had needed help you would have been happy to ask for it...or alternatively kick me as I probably wouldn't have heard you asking:naughty:

Well you did say that you had a problem before you went to bed. Anyway, I hope that if you had needed help you would have been happy to ask for it...or alternatively kick me as I probably wouldn't have heard you asking:naughty:

lol well there was nothing anyone could do really, and I wouldn't have wanted to wake anyone since people had to be up early :naughty:

lol well there was nothing anyone could do really, and I wouldn't have wanted to wake anyone since people had to be up early :naughty:

But it isn't nice to suffer in silence:shocked: Anyway, hopefully you will not be too emotionally scarred by the experience:thumb_yello:

Wow, lots of pages and discussion going on!

I've been home about 30 mins and needed that to catch up. Sadly I don't have any good pics or vids to add because I pretty much forgot about my camera once the gig had started and Viv was filming right next to me so decided I'd just steal her's later! Lol!

Two main things I want to contribute:

Stage invasion: I'm not a fan of stage invasions, never have been because I always end up getting squished! I think one day something is going to go wron and Mika or one of the fans are going to get hurt. But that isn't really the issue I want to talk about. From where I was standing, next to Sara, I think he did actually start the dive (with incouragement) himself, he didn't look alarmed until he started to fall a bit, it was the kind of "Oh ****" look you get when you realise you miss judged something. He was very quickly smiling and happy again.

Front row/feeling out of place: This is a tricky issue. I admit that yes, I did feel a bit guilty about being in the front row, and I did think several times about moving but I didn't for personnal reasons to do with my balance and my hearing. This was the first gig I have ever been to when I heard every word Mika said, I didn't have to rely on anyone else to tell me what he was saying in between songs, that for me was amazing. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but trust me when you have hearing problems like I do it is.

Had I not had these issues, i probably would have moved up to the balcony, not that I'm saying anyone else should have done.

Sadly no pics or vids from us for this gig as our back up camera is not really up to the job from where we stood (side balcony with Jemmalee, Babs, Kath, Sarah and Daz) but to be honest I gave up quite early and decided just to enjoy the gig.

Really liked this venue, didn't think we'd be lucky enough to see MIKA play another intimate gig now that he has grown as an artist, but Scala fitted the bill perfectly. The atmosphere inside was electric and the sound quality and lighting were fantastic also.

Just a little sad that our MIKA week is at an end, it's been a blast though.

Any tour news yet dammit !!

Fro Caz's Facebook:

Thought mika was amazing as usual but is DISGUSTED and LIVID at the way fans on stage treated him during lollipop! They were all over him and one idiot tried to pick him up unsuccessfully and mika was bent backwards and his head nearly hit the barrie...rs rite by us. We tried to do what we could to save him, he was unhurt and sara has it on video. Shocking and horrifying behaviour, they should be ashamed.

:boxed::furious:

I'm both sorry and furious to read this! These people can not be fans! They are stupid! I'm glad MFCers were there to protect our dear Mika!:blush-anim-cl: