babspanky

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys!

IT WAS F***ING AMAZING!!!!

Arrgghhh, I can't even begin to describe how good it was. Loads of interaction with Owen, Mika's roadie. He's a fun dude.

Mika recorded BIOTG, Pick Up Off The Floor and Rain. He done BIOTG and Rain live as well, but different performances. Like, he done all three songs and then he went live and re-done two.

Interaction with Mika as well! After he recorded Rain he saw us doing our dance and he was like "What WAS that?!" :roftl: And started imitating it lol.

I also managed to tell him that my mum loves "I See You" and that it's her favourite song. He held my hand :wub2::wub2: They're very soft lol :naughty: Then Babs chirped in and was like "I'm her mother." Mika looked at her like :shocked: and said "Really?!" and Babs said "No" xDD

Very funny!

I think that was the second time he came over to us though. He came to us once before but since I never really said anything (not that I can recall anyway :aah:) there's not really much to tell....because I can't remember what happened. xD

Absolutely can't wait for Friday!

And can I just say how amazing our view was? Before we got in the studio someone over the speakers said "I hear we have some Mika Fans?" and we all went "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!" :roftl: Oh God it was so embarrassing lol, but they put us first in line! And they were like "everyone behind the Mika fans" haha!!!! So we had an AMAZING view.

Martin interacted with us during the live BIOTG by clapping in our direction, and Mika was clapping to us too, to tell us to keep going.

They re-done SO many Shakira songs >_<

We completely rocked out to Hips Don't Lie though LOL.

During the recording, when Mika was by the piano he kept looking at us and smiling :swoon:

sorry my memory is all jumbled up I keep remembering odd bits.

We met him outside as well and confirmed that the next single is RAIN. He is releasing BIOTG as well but in different countries or something, I think he's releasing them at the same time. He was all like "wait till you see the video!" and we were like "Ooooohh!!" and he said "I'm wearing clothes!" :roftl:

We thanked him for doing Pick Up Off The Floor as well because it was BEAUTIFUL.

If anyone wants to add to this they're more than welcome lol, my brain is frazzled from amazingnessnessness.

WOW seems amazing!:wub2:

Highlighted line::lmao:

i'm so far behind, what a bad mod! i didn't realize MFCers were going to see him live on TV!

maybe because no one opened a thread in the calendar (wait, i opened one, but as a reminder...you should contact us if you want a RSVP list to be added, cause we can add it anytime).

anyway!

what an amazing time you are having in london peeps! you are definitely the luckiest mika fans all over the world!

:teehee: he made a mistake in the lyrics.

What did he sing then?

I loved it when Jools said at the end, "That's some dangerous dancing, don't try that at home!" hahaha!

It was also funny when Mika wanted to leave the stage after Rain and Jools said he couldn't go away yet.

me like his danceing....

Me too:wub2: I tweeted him this morning saying his legs looked like elastic band, and that that was a cool thing!

Hey guys!

Arrgghhh, I can't even begin to describe how good it was. Loads of interaction with Owen, Mika's roadie. He's a fun dude.

Mika recorded BIOTG, Pick Up Off The Floor and Rain. He done BIOTG and Rain live as well, but different performances. Like, he done all three songs and then he went live and re-done two.

Interaction with Mika as well! After he recorded Rain he saw us doing our dance and he was like "What WAS that?!" And started imitating it lol.

I also managed to tell him that my mum loves "I See You" and that it's her favourite song. He held my hand. They're very soft lol. Then Babs chirped in and was like "I'm her mother." Mika looked at her like huh and said "Really?!" and Babs said "No" xDD

Very funny!

I think that was the second time he came over to us though. He came to us once before but since I never really said anything (not that I can recall anyway :aah:) there's not really much to tell....because I can't remember what happened. xD

And can I just say how amazing our view was? Before we got in the studio someone over the speakers said "I hear we have some Mika Fans?" and we all went "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!" Oh God it was so embarrassing lol, but they put us first in line! And they were like "everyone behind the Mika fans" haha!!!! So we had an AMAZING view.

Martin interacted with us during the live BIOTG by clapping in our direction, and Mika was clapping to us too, to tell us to keep going.

During the recording, when Mika was by the piano he kept looking at us and smiling :swoon:

We met him outside as well and confirmed that the next single is RAIN. He is releasing BIOTG as well but in different countries or something, I think he's releasing them at the same time. He was all like "wait till you see the video!" and we were like "Ooooohh!!" and he said "I'm wearing clothes!"

We thanked him for doing Pick Up Off The Floor as well because it was BEAUTIFUL.

If anyone wants to add to this they're more than welcome lol, my brain is frazzled from amazingnessnessness.

I'm really happy for you, and for the other MFC'ers who went. Mika knows you're special!:blush-anim-cl:

Pretty good performance, but because I was wearing a white t shirt, had to stand behind the others, didn't find out til I got there, you had to wear dark clothing!

So, I didn't see anything of Mika, but reasonable view of Shakira and Cribs.

He sounded good though, and it seemed to go well.

Just have to wait til Friday.

Oh Rose, that's too bad :boxed:!

thank you all for the videos and the captions :biggrin2:

wowwwwwwwww

amazing experience!

clothes in the new video? ohhhhhhhh :sad:

:naughty:

kinda weird all... BIOTG only in a few countries? :blink: well... i guess that`s ok...

Pick Up Off The Floor live :wub2: i can`t wait to see a video of that :biggrin2:

It was the same with Life in Cartoon Motion: different singles in different countries. At least not at the same time.

Do other artists do the same?

Nicely said Rach.

Well, that sounds like it was pretty amazing. Thanks for the report Caz. But why was it so hush hush that people were going?:dunno: Or have I just missed a thread somewhere?

Anyway, looking forward to seeing Friday's extended version. Caz I don't think I quite understand what you meant about the songs being redone. Which were broadcast? The live or the recorded?

Wow so many went in the end , camera was all over yous on TV :shocked:

How did you manage to get in ? tickets ? apply? :blink:

I don't understand why no-one mentioned it ... why was it such a huge secret .... I know getting hold of those tickets are like gold-dust so I don't actually know how so many of you got to go .... I am abit baffled to be honest :blink:

Unless Mika or someone from TM gave them to you themselves .... did they :dunno:

I don't understand why no-one mentioned it ... why was it such a huge secret .... I know getting hold of those tickets are like gold-dust so I don't actually know how so many of you got to go .... I am abit baffled to be honest :blink:

Unless Mika or someone from TM gave them to you themselves .... did they :dunno:

No idea :blink:

Anyone?

Found BIOTG on youtube :biggrin2:

thanks for the links miro!!

Hey guys!

Interaction with Mika as well! After he recorded Rain he saw us doing our dance and he was like "What WAS that?!" :roftl: And started imitating it lol.

I also managed to tell him that my mum loves "I See You" and that it's her favourite song. He held my hand :wub2::wub2: They're very soft lol :naughty: Then Babs chirped in and was like "I'm her mother." Mika looked at her like :shocked: and said "Really?!" and Babs said "No" xDD

Very funny!

And can I just say how amazing our view was? Before we got in the studio someone over the speakers said "I hear we have some Mika Fans?" and we all went "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!" :roftl: Oh God it was so embarrassing lol, but they put us first in line! And they were like "everyone behind the Mika fans" haha!!!! So we had an AMAZING view.

We met him outside as well and confirmed that the next single is RAIN. He is releasing BIOTG as well but in different countries or something, I think he's releasing them at the same time. He was all like "wait till you see the video!" and we were like "Ooooohh!!" and he said "I'm wearing clothes!" :roftl:

brilliant report caz!!

I hope they show Pick up off the floor on Friday:wub2:

Thanks for all your reports. Only seen a little of the programme so far, but got the rolling eyes from hubby when I started shouting look there's Cazgirl, oooh and I think that was Jemma.

Soo funny I've not even met Cazgirl but I recognised her from photo's on here !! :biggrin2:

I got really excited to see fellow fans ! How sad am I ?

Hubby is a fan (but not in the MFC), but just sighs and goes - hmm its those MFCers again !!!! :teehee:

Glad that the MFC are getting some recognition ! Everyone get behind the Mika fans and announcing that some Mika fans were there when you all arrive - MFC ROCKS !! :roftl:

Looks like you all got a great view (shame about the t-shirt Rose). Mika looked a little weary at the beginning to me (too many late nights ? :teehee:). Once he got into BIOTG he seemed to brighten though.

Just got the chance to see this now.

:clap:

I LOVED IT! He looked and performed fabulous(ly)! So glad he had MFC supporters there! Glad you had a blast girls!

This makes me so much more excited for seeing him in 13 days!

:dance_man:

Edited by Suzy

Anyway, looking forward to seeing Friday's extended version. Caz I don't think I quite understand what you meant about the songs being redone. Which were broadcast? The live or the recorded?

Basically three songs (BIOTG, Rain and PUOTF) were recorded. When the half hour live show happened, Mika sang BIOTG and Rain again. Just live this time lol.

That's brilliant that some MFC'ers (Caz, Rose, Jemma etc) were there to support Mika, I'm sure he really does appreciate it :wub2:

He did! He said TV audiences are usually awful but said we really brightened up the place or words to that effect. So he was really grateful.

brilliant report caz!!

I hope they show Pick up off the floor on Friday:wub2:

They should do! :thumb_yello:

Thanks for all your reports. Only seen a little of the programme so far, but got the rolling eyes from hubby when I started shouting look there's Cazgirl, oooh and I think that was Jemma.

Soo funny I've not even met Cazgirl but I recognised her from photo's on here !! :biggrin2:

LOL!! You're not the only one!

Sara tweeted that they got them from the BBC site - they were available for a short time, apparently.

Yeah, you can apply for tickets on the BBC site, and they're free. We were really lucky though and just happened to get them by chance to be honest. It wasn't that it was all hush hush, it just happened quite quickly.

Imitating it?! LMAO! That must have been hilarious! :aah:

:lmfao:

That's awesome! I wish I could have seen his face. :naughty:

I remember the first time he held my hand. I think I must have replayed that moment in my head about a thousand times. :blush-anim-cl:

How beautiful? Was the arrangement similar to the album version? Did he whip out that one verse all intense and powerful and smokey jazz club like?

Yeah it was REALLY funny, it was like Mika was in on the joke, y'know? Like, we were on the same level. Dan also played for Shakira during hips don't lie, don't know if anyone noticed (I didn't at the time lol) but he must have been doing some sexy moves because when Dan went back to the Mika band Mika started rolling his hips to imitate what Dan done, OMG I laughed so hard :aah:

The thing about the holding the hand is that it's not even like I gestured for him to grab it. I do gesture with my hands so they were easily accessible, but as far as I can remember I wasn't gesturing for...such a gesture lol. Next thing I know Mika's holding it. So, Mika's put his hand on my shoulder and now he's held my hand. Where next? :das:

"I WANNA BE WANNA BE WHATEVER ELSE THAT TOUCHES YOU" :roftl:

Obviously there was the band...Mika played it at a grand piano...I dunno it was just...beautiful...and very unexpected. Honestly guys, wait till you hear it.

Just got the chance to see this now.

:clap:

I LOVED IT! He looked and performed fabulous(ly)! So glad he had MFC supporters there! Glad you had a blast girls!

This makes me so much more excited for seeing him in 13 days!

:dance_man:

Is it really that soon for you? Wow, I can't believe how quickly time is flying!

Yeah it was REALLY funny, it was like Mika was in on the joke, y'know? Like, we were on the same level. Dan also played for Shakira during hips don't lie, don't know if anyone noticed (I didn't at the time lol) but he must have been doing some sexy moves because when Dan went back to the Mika band Mika started rolling his hips to imitate what Dan done, OMG I laughed so hard :aah:

The thing about the holding the hand is that it's not even like I gestured for him to grab it. I do gesture with my hands so they were easily accessible, but as far as I can remember I wasn't gesturing for...such a gesture lol. Next thing I know Mika's holding it. So, Mika's put his hand on my shoulder and now he's held my hand. Where next? :das:

"I WANNA BE WANNA BE WHATEVER ELSE THAT TOUCHES YOU" :roftl:

Obviously there was the band...Mika played it at a grand piano...I dunno it was just...beautiful...and very unexpected. Honestly guys, wait till you hear it.

I noticed Dan in Hips don't lie- very quick, like, "is that... oh, he's gone"

Pick up of the Floor was my least favourite track from TBWKTM (always liked it but just not as much as the rest) but after hearing it performed live last night all I can say is.....

WOW !! :jawdrop:

It sounds incredible, make sure you set your Sky+ / video for Friday night and prepare to be blown away. It should definately be shown as they recorded the Friday night program pretty much "as live" before they went live for last nights show. It lasted just over an hour but they re-recorded one of Shakiras songs due to sound problems. They also had to re-record another one of hers again after the live show but these should just be edited in to the show without adding any extra time.

Had a brilliant time last night, the warm up guy was funny and had some good banter with Daz regarding 'Boiled Sweets' 'Dancing' and the 'need for a bucket of cold water' It was lovely to see so many familiar faces there, what with Blackpool and Bloomsbury it feels like we're starting to see more of you guys than our families !! I mean that in a good way though, it's always lovely to meet you all :wub2:

I'm glad you had a wonderful time. The performances sound great on YouTube, so I imagine that it should be a thousand times better live. If there's a show I would like to attend, that's Jools Holland, and I can't help but remember the first time Mika appeared on it, just him and his piano.:wub2:

Same here! Im a little upset that nothing was mentioned about possible tickets. I didn't manage to get tickets to paul o grady so it would of been great to be able to go to this instead. But no one said anything!! :(

On a brighter note im really looking forward to seeing the program on friday.

Wow the sense of entitlement around never ceases to amaze me. If people wanted to know if getting tickets were possible why didn't they go investigate? :dunno:

There are people around here doing all the work - building relationships, putting in years of effort supporting Mika in tangible ways, doing research, making inquiries, etc. Others expect to have it handed to them on a silver platter simply because they post on a forum and pout when they don't get what all the other so-called "lucky" people get.

It's bad enough when this attitude gets thrown into the mods' faces but now regular members are supposed to answer to MFC as to what they do when they're off the forum just because it involves Mika? Does this actually seem reasonable to everyone?

Wow the sense of entitlement around never ceases to amaze me. If people wanted to know if getting tickets were possible why didn't they go investigate? :dunno:

There are people around here doing all the work - building relationships, putting in years of effort supporting Mika in tangible ways, doing research, making inquiries, etc. Others expect to have it handed to them on a silver platter simply because they post on a forum and pout when they don't get what all the other so-called "lucky" people get.

It's bad enough when this attitude gets thrown into the mods' faces but now regular members are supposed to answer to MFC as to what they do when they're off the forum just because it involves Mika? Does this actually seem reasonable to everyone?

I think it's just that usually for stuff like this there's a thread saying 'get tickets for this show here' or whatever but this time it didn't happen so people are little disappointed, especially if they would have been able to make it.

I don't really see an 'I'm in the MFC thus I should be given tickets to this show purely because of that', not on this thread at least, just more of an 'oh, no one said anything', kind of feeling.

There will be other times on Jools, don't worry folks.