Blame It On The Girls Video

racinghorse83

If He wished to make a high-grade clip would make it. What for to strangle Him?I think Mika requires support more, than in showering by stones.

I think that giving honest, constructive criticism instead of blind adoration is the best form of support.

If Mika wants a muppet fan who will find everything that he does "fantastic" and never have a critical thought about him, he will not find that in me. I'msorry, but I see no value in that. And ultimately, if you find everything that he does always perfect and amazing, what value can that possibly have? He has a long career ahead of him and he will do good things and bad things. He will have good songs and worse songs. Better videos and atrocious ones. That's just reality.

If he surrounds himself by "yes men" who are incapable of any critical thought, that is the sure way for his quality to go down the drain. Everyone needs a critical eye examining their work in order to get better.

Having said that, I think that Mika is absolutely fantastic, and I adore and support him, and will continue to do so even if he would bring out a new album that sold 3 copies. Heck, I would probably buy one a week to make the numbers higher :biggrin2:. What I mean is, I love him, but I won't not be critical of him if I think that what he does is not great.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority who are talking about it in this thread.

If the ones who like it are anything like me, they are probably avoiding these threads these days because it really sucks to see people saying that just because the majority of them in the thread don't like it, it means that the majority of most other people have a strong likelihood of not liking it either.

It's a valid opinion. It just isn't a fun one to see when one is in the afterglow of something that was immensely enjoyed. It sucks to want to say that it was awesome and enjoyable and will attract awesome new fans, who like this kind of stuff, and know that it will just be contradicted by the vocal people who want to continue going on about how much they didn't like it and how their view is closer to the reality of the world in which we live where people "just don't like that kind of stuff."

Enjoy reality. I'll be over here enjoying my fandom and keeping my mouth shut because I'm just so out of touch with the rest of the world.

Rivers, we're not blasting Mika. We just don't like the video. And I'm not one to dislike everything Mika does. In fact, I love practically everything the man does or wears. There are some small things that I don't like but we can't all like everything...

This video just happens to be one of them. I don't think the video fits the song. I think Mika can do better. That's all I'm saying really.

Rivers, we're not blasting Mika. We just don't like the video. And I'm not one to dislike everything Mika does. In fact, I love practically everything the man does or wears. There are some small things that I don't like but we can't all like everything...

This video just happens to be one of them. I don't think the video fits the song. I think Mika can do better. That's all I'm saying really.

I think you can add to that that actually- Mika did more then a fair job- he did a good job, a very good job...

Im assuming the image was his, either way- its a good image, a very good one... it just wasnt directed\produced right... and he could have found a better crew to work with I think... from director to dancers really...

just my opinion though...

(I actually see this vid, more then any other- as an outsider non fan for just a tough second- getting the most- "god, he's gay" comments on YT...)

Lena, I think this video was produced very quickly, we just think it could have been done better. We want Mika to be a big success :thumb_yello:

I too want it.......

I notice oversights , and I experience when I see them. But I can tell never . Because I am afraid to wound Mika

Thanks Silver, have answered my comment. All is more and more I feel ignored

I think this thread's representation of "constructive criticism" leaves a little bit to be desired in the "constructive" aspect.

Well, you can take the term "constructive" loosely then. Any criticism is constructive if it makes people think about something and analyse it under a different light, aye.

In any case I don't think that anyone has made any unjustified comments, or just "nasty" remarks on the video or why they didn't like it.

Im assuming the image was his, either way- its a good image, a very good one... it just wasnt directed\produced right... and he could have found a better crew to work with I think... from director to dancers really...

I totally agree! Which is why he should direct his videos himself :thumb_yello:

I totally agree! Which is why he should direct his videos himself :thumb_yello:

very true! he should be a Mel Brooks for a sec, and direct one of his own clips...

wow that would be one hell of a clip... and being the perfecionist he is- it wouldnt come out like that... :wub2:

The majority who are talking about it in this thread.

If the ones who like it are anything like me, they are probably avoiding these threads these days because it really sucks to see people saying that just because the majority of them in the thread don't like it, it means that the majority of most other people have a strong likelihood of not liking it either.

It's a valid opinion. It just isn't a fun one to see when one is in the afterglow of something that was immensely enjoyed. It sucks to want to say that it was awesome and enjoyable and will attract awesome new fans, who like this kind of stuff, and know that it will just be contradicted by the vocal people who want to continue going on about how much they didn't like it and how their view is closer to the reality of the world in which we live where people "just don't like that kind of stuff."

Enjoy reality. I'll be over here enjoying my fandom and keeping my mouth shut because I'm just so out of touch with the rest of the world.

I love Mika but that doesn't mean I uncritically love everything he does. There is no way in the world this video could ever be described as awesome.

very true! he should be a Mel Brooks for a sec, and direct one of his own clips...

wow that would be one hell of a clip... and being the perfecionist he is- it wouldnt come out like that... :wub2:

It would come out looking amazing... seriously, it's not that difficult to direct your own music video. I wonder why he hasn't thought of doing that yet! Being such a *control-enthusiast* as he is, you'd think he'd jump at the chance to do it.

It would come out looking amazing... seriously, it's not that difficult to direct your own music video. I wonder why he hasn't thought of doing that yet! Being such a *control-enthusiast* as he is, you'd think he'd jump at the chance to do it.

I love your snoopy siggie (that was such a- "hey look a squirrel" second there :roftl: )

yes he should! and Id love to see that... it would be bloody amazing! :wub2:

I love your snoopy siggie (that was such a- "hey look a squirrel" second there :roftl: )

yes he should! and Id love to see that... it would be bloody amazing! :wub2:

Haha thanks! I'm from the hometown of the guy who created Snoopy & the Peanuts :biggrin2:

I feel like he'll probably start directing his videos someday... the videos can be, after all, very much related to the visual world & artwork (which he creates).

I know. I'm just strongly disagreeing with certain aspects of the way in which you are doing that.

I am also strongly disagreeing with your feelings because I happen to love it and think he did a brilliant job and that all of the things you don't like about it are what make it so good. I think it was intentional and brilliantly executed.

If that comes across as though I'm misunderstanding you, I'll have to take a more careful look at what I wrote and see if I can make my intent more clear.

I never said he was rubbish; Mika was excellent in the video, but unfortunately it wasn't enough - for me - to hold the video together.

As a dancer myself I can see faults in the choreography and the performance [OF THE DANCERS]. That's what makes the video so grating to me.

Well, I think it is just normal that even we fans (or should I say "some"/"many" fans) don't like everything Mika does (or let's put it that way: that we don't like everything he does as much as all the other things he does.). I mean, everyone of us has their own ideas and images in our head when listening to Mika's music and has different expectations on how the vid is gonna be like.

As for me, I really like the BIOTG vid. But that is just my subjective view.

(I didn't like the Happy ending vid for instance). Others are totally entitled to have a different opinon. And I don't think Mika would be offended if he found out someone doesn't like a particular vid he did (for a particular reason this person has in mind) .

Besides, I think it's even kind of dangerous to say "That was so amazing!" to every single thing he does/says/wears etc. At least for me this is/would be way too much of an adoration.

And I don't see why anyone wouldn't be supporting Mika just because you don't like one vid for example. :wink2:

It's all about the whole of Mika's little universe we're caught in. And as for that I can say that so far there hasn't been the littlelest thing that would make me leave this place. :thumb_yello:

Haha thanks! I'm from the hometown of the guy who created Snoopy & the Peanuts :biggrin2:

I feel like he'll probably start directing his videos someday... the videos can be, after all, very much related to the visual world & artwork (which he creates).

niiice

I think he should start by trying one- and see how that works...

I think that if he also had a bit more time, and wasnt in such a rush with a next single (which I have no clue why that happened anyways) the clip wouldve came out better...

I actually quite like it! Actually, I like it a lot. :D His outfit sort of reminds me of that of what Johnny Depp wore in Benny & Joon.

Maybe that's why I love it so much. 'Benny & Joon' is my favourite film. :thumb_yello:

I love his outfit, I love the idea, but I don't think it matches the song and none of it does the song any favours, and I don't think it was executed very well. The dancing at the start was dodgy, the bit in the chair, although other than the dodginess I love that whole section, and I want his hat.

I agree with whoever said the best dancing bits were the bits where he was slightly out of frame and

- if I might say so Cazgirl - I read what you and Jazzy were saying about a video where he's playing all these different characters, I think that stepping in and out of frame thing would look great with that idea! Sorta the way George Michael and Mary J stepped in and out of frame during 'As' if that makes sense? Love the idea though.

I love his outfit, I love the idea, but I don't think it matches the song and none of it does the song any favours, and I don't think it was executed very well. The dancing at the start was dodgy, the bit in the chair, although other than the dodginess I love that whole section, and I want his hat.

I agree with whoever said the best dancing bits were the bits where he was slightly out of frame and

- if I might say so Cazgirl - I read what you and Jazzy were saying about a video where he's playing all these different characters, I think that stepping in and out of frame thing would look great with that idea! Sorta the way George Michael and Mary J stepped in and out of frame during 'As' if that makes sense? Love the idea though.

oh awesome! You should head over to the Jools Holland and BIOTG thread in the gigs section, Jazzy and I have this amazing idea going on! I've not seen that video, will search on YouTube.

I think that giving honest, constructive criticism instead of blind adoration is the best form of support.

If Mika wants a muppet fan who will find everything that he does "fantastic" and never have a critical thought about him, he will not find that in me. I'msorry, but I see no value in that. And ultimately, if you find everything that he does always perfect and amazing, what value can that possibly have? He has a long career ahead of him and he will do good things and bad things. He will have good songs and worse songs. Better videos and atrocious ones. That's just reality.

If he surrounds himself by "yes men" who are incapable of any critical thought, that is the sure way for his quality to go down the drain. Everyone needs a critical eye examining their work in order to get better.

Having said that, I think that Mika is absolutely fantastic, and I adore and support him, and will continue to do so even if he would bring out a new album that sold 3 copies. Heck, I would probably buy one a week to make the numbers higher :biggrin2:. What I mean is, I love him, but I won't not be critical of him if I think that what he does is not great.

I wish to speak " yes man ". Around and without it it is full of critics. I do not criticize never Mika. If I wish to show, that something seems strange for me, I can tell it through a small hint or by means of a joke. But hundred times I shall recheck, that it was not insulting. And the criticism always remains criticism, it is always unpleasantly, whether is fairly told or not

The person so is arranged. Also it is not necessary to trust words of type, " I accept criticism ". The unpleasant taste remains always.

Recent example from interview. About people who spoke badly about Mika. Probably, they considered it as fair criticism. But Mika so does not consider.

I consider He is vulnerable, really.

Well, I think it is just normal that even we fans (or should I say "some"/"many" fans) don't like everything Mika does. I mean, everyone of us has their own ideas and images in our head when listening to Mika's music and has different expectations on how the vid is gonna be like.

Not only is it normal but I think it's to be expected that if we love most of the things that he does with such passion we are also going to be strongly opinionated and expressive about the things that we don't love so much.

I do make an effort to keep my initial strong reactions under control and that's why I walk away for a couple of hours before getting into details about why I don't like something. My criticism was very specific and I have been making specific suggestions for years on how I would like to see Mika improve his videos. I'm not just hear to slag him off because I don't like his hat in BIOTG.

If people don't like it tough. Give me a convincing argument against my criticisms and I'll change my mind.

oh awesome! You should head over to the Jools Holland and BIOTG thread in the gigs section, Jazzy and I have this amazing idea going on! I've not seen that video, will search on YouTube.

I posted in the other thread :wink2:

Yeah, I tried all the eBays and didn't find anything.

Yeah I didn't find anything either :sneaky2: I told my mate (who finds all these random sorta things all the time that I want one for my birthday - we'll see what happens! :biggrin2:

Not only is it normal but I think it's to be expected that if we love most of the things that he does with such passion we are also going to be strongly opinionated and expressive about the things that we don't love so much.

I do make an effort to keep my initial strong reactions under control and that's why I walk away for a couple of hours before getting into details about why I don't like something. My criticism was very specific and I have been making specific suggestions for years on how I would like to see Mika improve his videos. I'm not just hear to slag him off because I don't like his hat in BIOTG.

If people don't like it tough. Give me a convincing argument against my criticisms and I'll change my mind.

I think your comments about how to improve his videos were spot on, Christine. :thumb_yello:

for the ladies looking for the pink bowler hat, is this one any good?

bowler-felt-pink-big.jpg

only 7 pounds... let me know if you like it- Ill post the link...

I saw that one. I don't like it coz it's got the black and Mika's is plain. I want an identical one.