Blame It On The Girls Video

racinghorse83

Can I add/clarify something? :naughty: When I say cheap I also mean that the videos look rough, unfinished, unpolished, like they are a basic demo of what "could have been" :teehee:

Perfectly understood it this way. It's what happened to the BG vid, IMO: not finished. And I agree that the editing could be done way better with BIOTG. Still I really like to see Mika in it. No hat or bad editing could ever deface him. I don't need the dancers there, but I really love the bits where you see him. Those colors add a nice twist to it.

And if he ever started to do a Beyonce I'd really start to worry. He's not Justin and doesn't have to dance or have his videos done like so-and-so.

I don't say it's his best, that title still goes to GK in my book (after the Jools Holland things of course, but I don't count those to the videos).

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the first few seconds best of all ie him speaking the opening words and then sitting in the chair and then standing and tapping with the cane. Not so keen on the costumes of the dancers and would've preferred less of them, if I was being honest. But overall, I do like the video. It's different, I like the overall 'look' of the video (including what M's wearing), and I do think it's cool, but on reflection I do agree it probably lacks 'energy' (especially compared to the 'WAG' vid).

Having since watched the 'WAG' video again I must say it reminded me of how much I ADORE that video (and song) - this new vid is not as good as the WAG vid IMHO....Mind you, whilst I like 'BIOTG's', it's probably one of the songs I like least on the new album. And even though I like the new vid, I'm not sure it's amazing enough to make me like the song any more than I do (if that makes sense!) which I guess I was hoping it would make me do!

Perfectly understood it this way. It's what happened to the BG vid, IMO: not finished. And I agree that the editing could be done way better with BIOTG. Still I really like to see Mika in it. No hat or bad editing could ever deface him. I don't need the dancers there, but I really love the bits where you see him. Those colors add a nice twist to it.

And if he ever started to do a Beyonce I'd really start to worry. He's not Justin and doesn't have to dance or have his videos done like so-and-so.

I don't say it's his best, that title still goes to GK in my book (after the Jools Holland things of course, but I don't count those to the videos).

Noooo, of course I don't want him to do a Beyonce or a Justin, imagine :blush-anim-cl::roftl:. In fact, my first (ideal) choice for one of his vids would be to have a basic performance of him at the piano for example, or something of the sorts. I am a sucker for "simple" videos like that. But when I say simple I mean simple. I don't mean something that wants to be more yet never made it.

The concept then has to be simple, as well as the execution. Plain Mika and band for example. Or plain Mika on a short/close shot singing to the camera. That is what I mean by "good simple".

Bad simple is a vid where he is trying to convey all these "concepts" and it's not working because the execution of it has failed. In this vid I find that one of the worst bits is that the camera shots are IMO too long, from too far, so if we were seeing even the same thing that he has now but from a more closely shot angle, I think that I would find it a lot better. The detail would be better, we would have more of a movement illusion, and we wouldn't see the awful "background" bits that we see now.....

And I'm not saying that Mika looks horrid in it, how could he ever objectively look that, it's just that he can (and very often does) look a lot better, so why not capitalise on that?

Oh and the beginning is my favourite part.

looks like it's a marmite video, lol! :lmao:

i love it, it feels like in a 50s movie, the colours, the style, the accessoires... and imo he DOES look hot! :bleh:

That's what I thought too! :biggrin2:

I really like this vid. The beginning is absolutely brilliant, and like the simple style and old-fashioned feeling. At the same time it's a little bit bizarre (is that a word, can I use it?), and I like that combination. It's not a perfect vid (those dancers bother me a little bit) :teehee: but I think he looks really beautiful :wub2:

Still I really like to see Mika in it. No hat or bad editing could ever deface him.

It doesn't deface him but why downplay or eliminate the greatest asset he has going when it comes to making a video? You could take the worst concept, the worst props, the worst direction, the worst editing and save it all in one fell swoop with that beautiful face. Instead he's hiding it under an ugly hat. It's insane :aah:

The purpose of this video is not to remind his diehard fans how cute he is because we've already seen 10,000 pics and videos of him. It's to sell the song and to sell himself to people who don't know anything about him. It comes up way short on that score.

Well exactly he's not Beyonce or Justin so what's with the full body dance shots that go on forever? It doesn't make sense. They're meant to illustrate dance moves - moves that Mika doesn't have I'm afraid. :teehee:

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

i might be the only one saying this BUT I LOVE IT!!!! :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

i was never keen on the song though but the clip totally makes up for it...it just fits the song so well... it might not be amazingly cool but fits to the song!

i like it :boing:

i just checked the vid. again for the... not as much as i did with WAG when it came... but well anyway... tried to only check out the sidewalls in the beginning and damn... naughty, naughty look... the way i love him! :naughty:

:naughty: agree! he looks terribly cute in this clip

my opinion...

about the video...

I liked the 1950's sort of look, whatever era that it is. I thought the video could be better. It was clever with good ideas, but I don't think it used it was used to its full potential.

As for the dancers...thought the costume was clever but think it would have been better if there were male and female dancers with partner work.

As for the actual dancing itself...I totally could have done that. Mika, get me next time, I don't even need paying

hell yeah. he has that kinda look a lil too when he is sitting at the piano in the vid.

:wub2::wub2:

he's such a teaser with that look :naughty:

but...is it just me thinking it's so obvious that he mimes the whole lyrics?:boxed: