Blame It On The Girls Video

racinghorse83

There should have been clapping in it so people know to do it at his gigs...:aah:

The beginning should have been more...1920's Like that scene in Chicago where Billy Flynn is talking to people in this posh restaurant about Lucy Liu murdering someone. EXACTLY like that, but in black and white. Girls in charleston dresses with their long cigarette holder things. That's what I always envisioned. And the whole video could have been filled with different eras, like 1920's up to 2000's.

Pfft, I should have directed this video :aah:

I liked the whole Clockwork Orange thing, I think it fits. But there should have been more edits and it should have been more energetic. And the dance to be more...just...more. It was too simple in my opinion.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The purpose of this video is not to remind his diehard fans how cute he is because we've already seen 10,000 pics and videos of him. It's to sell the song and to sell himself to people who don't know anything about him. It comes up way short on that score.

If WAG followed the same purpose it must have been doomed to complete and utter failure then.

for those who can't watch it as youtube is down:

:wink2:

:bow: Thank you ... thank you .... thank you .... YT is still down ... came rushing back home from work all excited cos' I knew you'd have it up already and I missed it this morning ... and ... :aah:

I love you guys ... you never let me miss anything :huglove:

*waits to watch it*

There should have been clapping in it so people know to do it at his gigs...:aah:

The beginning should have been more...1920's Like that scene in Chicago where Billy Flynn is talking to people in this posh restaurant about Lucy Liu murdering someone. EXACTLY like that, but in black and white. Girls in charleston dresses with their long cigarette holder things. That's what I always envisioned. And the whole video could have been filled with different eras, like 1920's up to 2000's.

Pfft, I should have directed this video :aah:

That's something I'd more expect for a loverboy video actually.

This was not what I expected at all.:blink:I don't really like it, but I like the dancers and the piano. I hate the beginning, and how it looks like they just put some stuff in a building and decided to film something on spot (they actually just put stuff in a building, but hey, with other vids you can't see that:aah:)

Funny how he did his signature jump at the end.

I don't think he looks one bit dorky in this video. At least much less than in WAG, which gave even me a lot of WTF. Let alone to a lot of people who just came across it randomly, having no idea about what was his intention behind it and what message he wanted to communicate. Knowing about it, it makes a bit of sense. But having him jump around there in those awfully awful underpants makes me cringe. Regardless of the director's efforts. So, now it's out. :teehee:

As for the cheapness in MIKA videos, I really don't think anything can ever top the Big Girl video.

Big girl is one of the cheepest looking video's I've ever seen. I still like it a lot though, because it looks like they had fun making it.

I hate WAG. I liked Love Today and thought Relax,Lollipop and Happy Ending were quite nice. I hated Grace Kelly though.

Ah!:wub2:

I believe the full body shots that pan out on Mika and the dancers are a subtle homage to Busby Berkley musicals of the 1930's and Berkley's famous "top shot". Including the way the dancers formed the double circle.... something reminiscent of Berkley's famous kaleidoscope shots of the chorus girls.
blloydbacon42ndstreetbu.jpg

Mika's movements, gestures on the other hand, as well as his costume (including the famous cane) are a throwback to Cabaret... both to Sally Bowles and the Emcee.

mv5bmtiwntkymzg1ml5bml5.jpg ... picture3bf.png

And there are a few other references ...colorfulstar4.gif

Thank you for explaining this!:wink2:

I really hope Mika will talk about his thoughts with this video, I know there has to be. He is not the kind of artist that just throws fate to the wind.

And I still love it, the colours, his moves, the long camera shots!:wub2:

I think it will grow on most of you!:teehee:

His stuff usually do!:wink2:

Mika's movements, gestures on the other hand, as well as his costume (including the famous cane) are a throwback to Cabaret... both to Sally Bowles and the Emcee.

That was exactly my thought from the first shot I saw of the video :thumb_yello:- no SB though, just Emcee.

and I love this video.

I think it will work for any audience in any country.