Blame It On The Girls Video

racinghorse83

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If WAG followed the same purpose it must have been doomed to complete and utter failure then.

Well it kind of was wasn't it?

And at least WAG had some redeeming features in that it was an incredibly well made video and there were lots of close ups of Mika's face so at least people know what he really looks like.

I believe the full body shots that pan out on Mika and the dancers are a subtle homage to Busby Berkley musicals of the 1930's and Berkley's famous "top shot".

Yes I actually noticed the Busby Berkeley thing with the girls, although I don't think Mika really fits into the scene. :naughty:

Big girl is one of the cheepest looking video's I've ever seen.

Cheap !! They did suppy all of us with a packed lunch which comprised of a ham sandwich, an apple, a bag of crisps, a bar of chocolate and a carton of juice if my memory serves me correctly (The ones who filmed the bit in the high street got breakfast too !!)

I still like it a lot though, because it looks like they had fun making it

We sure did :woot_jump:

Edited by Jesterkevin

I hate the dancing. Words cannot describe how much I hate the dancing. I don't like that screen where there's loads of images/video of Mika, what's the point? This video doesn't give the song any meaning at all and...I just don't like it. It could have been a lot better and should be a lot better.

In my opinion.

That was exactly my thought from the first shot I saw of the video :thumb_yello:- no SB though, just Emcee.

and I love this video.

I think it will work for any audience in any country.

I was very curious to hear what my husband thinks about this vid. He likes Mika's music, but he is not as huge fan as I am. He doesn't listen to Mika if he is alone, but he thinks it's okay to listen him if I want to, if we are in a car or something. He has seen 4 gigs and he thinks Mika is really good on stage.

Well, he liked this vid, more than he liked the WAG vid. I think he didn't quite understand the WAG vid before I told him the story behind it. I guess BIOTG is more visual and not too colorful for average listener?

I hate the dancing. Words cannot describe how much I hate the dancing. I don't like that screen where there's loads of images/video of Mika, what's the point? This video doesn't give the song any meaning at all and...I just don't like it. It could have been a lot better and should be a lot better.

In my opinion.

I totally agree .They seemed to have rushed with everything and there are missing pieces in the video it seems so unfinished :blink:

Cheap !! They did suppy all of us with a packed lunch which comprised of a ham sandwich, an apple, a bag of crisps, a bar of chocolate and a carton of juice if my memory serves me correctly (The ones who filmed the bit in the high street got breakfast too !!)

We sure did :woot_jump:

I mean the way the video looked. It just looked cheap.

I love the video, much better than We Are Golden, which I hated.

Thank God I'm not the only one:naughty:

I totally agree .They seemed to have rushed with everything and there are missing pieces in the video it seems so unfinished :blink:

The dancing choreography is just awful. It's so SIMPLE! There's a bit at 2:02 where the dancers go down in canon and there's a bit where 2 dancers go down at the same time. NO. NO NO NO. Why didn't they re-do it until it was perfect? Just no! A lot of it was just movement or positions and not real dancing at all. I just don't think it worked. I get the idea behind the outfit but it didn't work for me. There should have been more storytelling and more Chicago meets Clockwork Orange IMO. I LOVE Mika's performance in it (besides the beginning bit on the chair, too choreographed and not Mika at all and Mika isn't a polished dancer. And neither are the dancers in the video, apparently.) I loved how Mika stalked round the place, especially the bit by the small TVs.

But I think the video overall is just wrong. I think it degrades the song, and the song is really good and it just deserves a better video. I think.

I was very curious to hear what my husband thinks about this vid. ....

Well, he liked this vid, more than he liked the WAG vid. I think he didn't quite understand the WAG vid before I told him the story behind it.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant by saying this video is easy to be understood and you don't need to 'get Mika' in order to get the video... (unlike for WAG that was simply chosen not to be aired at all in some countries by some tv stations)

I think the idea behind the video is great (including the imagery) and I don't think there needs to be a clear storyline behind every video ...

However, I do understand and agree with Caz's points about the choreography and the dancers...:cool:

In other words, great concept, poor execution. :teehee:

Can I add/clarify something? :naughty: When I say cheap I also mean that the videos look rough, unfinished, unpolished, like they are a basic demo of what "could have been" :teehee:

The word I would use is "amateurish". A lot of his videos look like the sort of thing art students come up with when they first start (sorry if I've offended any art students :naughty:)

The word I would use is "amateurish". A lot of his videos look like the sort of thing art students come up with when they first start (sorry if I've offended any art students :naughty:)

I completely get it. BIOTG looked like it was...trying too hard to be different and artistic. For me it just didn't work or gel.

I have added the links to video in Russian fanclubs... Those who saw speak, that they like new video. And I too love it). It is amusing, that I at once have noticed this theme, but did not understand true sense). I love its dance, Mika has again nonideal movements.:blush-anim-cl: And I love it. Very beautiful black-and-white videoshooting on a background. It would be desirable to see close .

I completely get it. BIOTG looked like it was...trying too hard to be different and artistic. For me it just didn't work or gel.

I just pray for somebody competent and artistic to do the video for Rain :mf_rosetinted:

I was distinctly underwhelmed by this video. I can't see anything in it that would appeal to a non-fan :dunno:

...how about the song itself?.....:wink2:

And I love Mika's outfit.

yes, I think the choice of imagery + Mika's outfit is perfect: distinct and fits well with the music.