Daily Star - 3.10.2009

Miro

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/101797/Exclusive-Mika-s-manic-/

3rd October 2009

MIKA is planning a tour to rival Take That’s Circus Live. ( :blink: )

But first he has to figure out what to do with the 50ft clown face left over from his last shows.

The colourful singer, riding high in the charts with second album The Boy Who Knew Too Much, told me: “It’s better to be dead than be boring in this business. “There is a big tour planned in February which will be a show and a half.

“We have a big budget because the venues are bigger. However, that doesn’t mean the show will be the same, just further away.

“I hate it when artists change the venue but nothing else changes.

“I have always tried to make my shows theatrical. I don’t know how to do anything by half.

“For my last show I had a clown face which was about 50ft tall and 100m wide. It is being stored in an aircraft hanger as I don’t know what to do with it. I might auction it on eBay.

“I give most of my costumes to charity shops but they never say where they come from.”

Mika enjoyed Take That’s tour so much he muscled his way down to the front row. He revealed: “I didn’t want to sit in the box where they put everybody as it was so far away, so I sneaked out because I knew the production manager.”

Despite the youthful theme to his songs, the 26-year-old confided that behind his chirpy persona is some naughtiness.

He added: “Out of the five kids in my family I’m probably the worst, with the most problems.

“At 13 my mother once said to me: ‘You’re going to end up dead, in jail or famous,’ so I decided that if nothing else worked, I’d sing.”

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/101797/Exclusive-Mika-s-manic-/

3rd October 2009

MIKA is planning a tour to rival Take That’s Circus Live. ( :blink: )

But first he has to figure out what to do with the 50ft clown face left over from his last shows.

The colourful singer, riding high in the charts with second album The Boy Who Knew Too Much, told me: “It’s better to be dead than be boring in this business. “There is a big tour planned in February which will be a show and a half.

“We have a big budget because the venues are bigger. However, that doesn’t mean the show will be the same, just further away.

“I hate it when artists change the venue but nothing else changes.

“I have always tried to make my shows theatrical. I don’t know how to do anything by half.

“For my last show I had a clown face which was about 50ft tall and 100m wide. It is being stored in an aircraft hanger as I don’t know what to do with it. I might auction it on eBay.

“I give most of my costumes to charity shops but they never say where they come from.”

Mika enjoyed Take That’s tour so much he muscled his way down to the front row. He revealed: “I didn’t want to sit in the box where they put everybody as it was so far away, so I sneaked out because I knew the production manager.”

Despite the youthful theme to his songs, the 26-year-old confided that behind his chirpy persona is some naughtiness.

He added: “Out of the five kids in my family I’m probably the worst, with the most problems.

“At 13 my mother once said to me: ‘You’re going to end up dead, in jail or famous,’ so I decided that if nothing else worked, I’d sing.”

:blink: He's a bit confused about his measurements :teehee:

I think it must be a typo or something - 50ft by 100 ft sounds like the right proportions for a stadium. 50 metres by 100 metres sounds a bit big :roftl:

oh :shocked: bigger isn't ALWAYS better, even HE had to sneak out to get a better view and wriggle his way to the front row... I think his gig should be for no more than say 20 ppl then it will ALWAYS be a front row seat. :roftl:

As you say if he felt he had to sneak to the front row , how does he think we feel.

Well, we will see what kind of venues he's talking about when the UK dates are released.

I have to say that for me, huge festivals and PDP were the worst ever gigs.

So far from the stage, the stage is high and big so you are a long way off even in the front and Mika has to do a lot of running about to fill the stage, that or have dancers or whatever.

I just want to hear him sing really, not watch other things, or him run about.

We'll see I guess.

So, it seems for the big venues he is going to create something big like he did for Parc des Princes in Paris in 2008.

And he seems to want to work with Chris Vaughan again.

I am glad he plans something different for every gig. I think it might be rather different for each leg of the tour and also depending on the size of the venue...

God bless his mum :wub2:

:blink: He's a bit confused about his measurements :teehee:

I think it must be a typo or something - 50ft by 100 ft sounds like the right proportions for a stadium. 50 metres by 100 metres sounds a bit big :roftl:

No! No confusion!

The clown face was for the Parc Des Princes concert for 55,000 people.

Here is a link that shows the huge clown face:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rHlR_358J8

It also has a good performance of Relax, Take It Easy!

As you say if he felt he had to sneak to the front row , how does he think we feel.

Well, we will see what kind of venues he's talking about when the UK dates are released.

So far from the stage, the stage is high and big so you are a long way off even in the front and Mika has to do a lot of running about to fill the stage, that or have dancers or whatever.

We'll see I guess.

I totally agree with you, especially on the bold bit.

:boxed:.

However I think the bigger venues/bigger shows were inevitable on this tour. Frustrating though.

T4P!;-)

Bigger venues! Guess this means no Bournemouth this time then!

And doesn't look good for the SW as we don't really have arena sized venues here, unless he plays Ashton Gate football ground, like Elton John does.

But promising for Wales and Ireland, with the CIA and the O2 Point.

Fingers crossed tomorrow ;-)

T4P!;-)

Bigger venues! Guess this means no Bournemouth this time then!

And doesn't look good for the SW as we don't really have arena sized venues here, unless he plays Ashton Gate football ground, like Elton John does.

But promising for Wales and Ireland, with the CIA and the O2 Point.

Fingers crossed tomorrow ;-)

Well seeing as everyone knows what a great gig Bournemouth was the last time, the demand would be much greater I guess so a bigger venue needed.

Thanks for posting Miro! :thumb_yello:

Fun read!

Love the bit below, he's SO funny! :teehee::roftl:

“Out of the five kids in my family I’m probably the worst, with the most problems.

No! No confusion!

The clown face was for the Parc Des Princes concert for 55,000 people.

Here is a link that shows the huge clown face:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rHlR_358J8

It also has a good performance of Relax, Take It Easy!

I know the clown face :thumb_yello: I've got the DVD

I was referring to the fact that the height was stated in imperial feet, and the width in metric meters :roftl: I think both measures should be in feet,becasue meters would be huge :roftl:

We'll see I guess.

Ditto to every sentence...

I think they will be arenas and as you say Rose....that cuts out a lot of places. I don't think there will be masses of dates.....just a few relatively big ones:shocked: Poohy.

But anyway..........lets hope we don't have to wait much longer before we know.

We'll see I guess.

Exactly :sneaky2:

I know that he loves his "shows", but still, all we want is him to sing, and do it properly. Oh, and for it to be some sort of "personal" experience to a certain degree, where there is some form of connection with the audience. Anyway I have already discussed this topic to exhaustion so I guess that this will be it until we know for sure which venues he will do.

If he did largeish venues but had a seated floor for example, like the way they do the O2 sometimes, that would not be an issue. We get our presale tix for the front row seats, and then it doesn't matter if there are another 15000 people behind us. But if we have to battle it out to try and make it to the front, then the whole thing loses its charm.

I totally agree with you, especially on the bold bit.

:boxed:.

However I think the bigger venues/bigger shows were inevitable on this tour. Frustrating though.

Agreed

Thank you for the article.

I'm a bit concerned about the bigger venue but we'll have to wait and see. Bigger venues will take the magic away...

If it's bigger, I hope it will have some seated area.

Anyway, not long til tomorrow.