MIKA @ Hammersmith Apollo, London

dcdeb

Yes, that is one of my main problems with this whole discussion. It creates expectations, and behaviours that are NOT normal are seen as normal, just because everyone discusses them and joins in with the idea.

Rose, I do remember you saying that, and of course I don't have any expectations that it will work, but it just frustrates me so much that the London gigs which should be the nice chilled "home" ones for so many of us become this battle and this unpleasant experience, when there is absolutly no justified reason for it.

Monie, re your question about the 08 gigs: some person/people spent the night there at the door, which is why I find this whole thing so mad. It just makes no sense. I was even being too conservative timewise when I said that nobody "normal" turns up before 2-3, because I don't think that Ive ever seen non hardcores turn up before 5 pm or something like that, as Laurel explained regarding the Franz gigs.

It's like us the Mika fans have to be extra stupid and spend the day in the cold/rain whatever, just to get a good spot, when all we're doing is competing with eachother.

You know what we should do? (Not that I think anyone will go with this) We should take all the names in the rsvp list and do a random draw to allocate "queue numbers" so that we know in which order we go in before the day, and then there is no queueing :naughty:

I think you may have something there:thumb_yello:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll make jam tarts. :mf_rosetinted:

That would actually be so amazing. Apart from the fact that home-made picnic food is the shiznit, Mika gig in the sunshine, in the afternoon, no worries about last trains or getting up the next day...facebook campaign anyone?

Didn't Sara, Babs and Jennie, start a food for gigs campaign a while back?

Yes, that is one of my main problems with this whole discussion. It creates expectations, and behaviours that are NOT normal are seen as normal, just because everyone discusses them and joins in with the idea.

Rose, I do remember you saying that, and of course I don't have any expectations that it will work, but it just frustrates me so much that the London gigs which should be the nice chilled "home" ones for so many of us become this battle and this unpleasant experience, when there is absolutly no justified reason for it.

Monie, re your question about the 08 gigs: some person/people spent the night there at the door, which is why I find this whole thing so mad. It just makes no sense. I was even being too conservative timewise when I said that nobody "normal" turns up before 2-3, because I don't think that Ive ever seen non hardcores turn up before 5 pm or something like that, as Laurel explained regarding the Franz gigs.

It's like us the Mika fans have to be extra stupid and spend the day in the cold/rain whatever, just to get a good spot, when all we're doing is competing with eachother.

You know what we should do? (Not that I think anyone will go with this) We should take all the names in the rsvp list and do a random draw to allocate "queue numbers" so that we know in which order we go in before the day, and then there is no queueing :naughty:

Well, I like the sound of that, even though alot of people wouldn't and it would solve alot of problems.

I have no idea - I probably wasn't hanging around here much a while back. Don't let my join date deceive you, I didn't post for the first year and even then I only posted occasionally.

I think an outdoor daytime gig on a nice summer's day will be perfect. Either a bit north of London or a bit south, but not IN London cos otherwise it'll end up getting packed.

I'll make jam tarts. :mf_rosetinted:

That would actually be so amazing. Apart from the fact that home-made picnic food is the shiznit, Mika gig in the sunshine, in the afternoon, no worries about last trains or getting up the next day...facebook campaign anyone?

Or Twitter campaign?

I'm actually BANG UP for that! :aah:

im up for that 'big time' :thumb_yello:

I think the only issue with the random dishing out of numbers to those on the RSVP list (apart from people not complying) is a general time to arrive so we can put the system into place effectively before it starts filling up with non-MFCers because people can't roll in at 5 to 7 and push in front of a queue of non-MFCers just cos they've got a number.

Having said that, it is the basis of a good idea and if we iron out the creases (which we have plenty of time to do) may be something that does work well and saves people from ridiculous queueing.

I'd love it if Mika turned up to soundcheck and NO ONE was there. :roftl:

I think the only issue with the random dishing out of numbers to those on the RSVP list (apart from people not complying) is a general time to arrive so we can put the system into place effectively before it starts filling up with non-MFCers because people can't roll in at 5 to 7 and push in front of a queue of non-MFCers just cos they've got a number.

Having said that, it is the basis of a good idea and if we iron out the creases (which we have plenty of time to do) may be something that does work well and saves people from ridiculous queueing.

I'd love it if Mika turned up to soundcheck and NO ONE was there. :roftl:

ROFL, he'd probably go on Twitter and be like "I've lost my fans!" :roftl:

And we'll tweet back like "actually, we're in starbucks being nice and warm. we'll queue up when we can be bothered. see you at the gig!"

:naughty:

Shall we get it trending?

#wewantaMikagiginthedayandwewantittobeniceandchilledoutsowecanhaveapicnicwhilewewait

:roftl:

#wewantaMikagiginthedayandwewantittobeniceandchilledoutsowecanhaveapicnicwhilewewaitandthenMikacanjoinuslatersolongashedoesntstealallthekitkats

And we'll tweet back like "actually, we're in starbucks being nice and warm. we'll queue up when we can be bothered. see you at the gig!"

I reckon we should all hide round the corner and film his reaction as he arrives. D'you think he'd walk right round the front to see if there was ANYONE there at all?

#wewantaMikagiginthedayandwewantittobeniceandchilledoutsowecanhaveapicnicwhilewewaitandthenMikacanjoinuslatersolongashedoesntstealallthekitkats

Ooh, he'd definitely be in trouble if he stole all the kitkats. I bet his momma raised him better than that though. :mf_rosetinted:

How about #Mika+JamTarts+RandomPark+Sunshine=YEAH?

I reckon we should all hide round the corner and film his reaction as he arrives. D'you think he'd walk right round the front to see if there was ANYONE there at all?

That would be a CLASS moment...we could film it like "You've been Punk'd"...and then we can jump out on him and be like "SMILE! YOU'RE ON CANDID CAMERA!!" :roftl::lmfao:

Ooh, he'd definitely be in trouble if he stole all the kitkats. I bet his momma raised him better than that though. :mf_rosetinted:

How about #Mika+JamTarts+RandomPark+Sunshine=YEAH?

#Mika+JamTarts+GigInRandomField+SummerPlz=BESTDAYEVA?

which one is more catchy? :lmfao:

That would be a CLASS moment...we could film it like "You've been Punk'd"...and then we can jump out on him and be like "SMILE! YOU'RE ON CANDID CAMERA!!" :roftl::lmfao:

#Mika+JamTarts+GigInRandomField+SummerPlz=BESTDAYEVA?

which one is more catchy? :lmfao:

Nooooo don't even jump out on him, let him think that no MFCers have bothered to show and then after the gig he's bound to ask 'where were you all?' and we can say that we were doing something rather obscure.

LOL I think the capitalisation and misspelled 'ever' totally makes it. Although maybe we need to add a 'can haz?' on the end so he gets the idea that it's not just an observation.

Nooooo don't even jump out on him, let him think that no MFCers have bothered to show and then after the gig he's bound to ask 'where were you all?' and we can say that we were doing something rather obscure.

LOL I think the capitalisation and misspelled 'ever' totally makes it. Although maybe we need to add a 'can haz?' on the end so he gets the idea that it's not just an observation.

Oh I really wanna see Mika jump though, I'm quite curious to hear if he has a manly scream or a girlie scream :naughty:

and what obscure thing did you have in mind? Play golf with twigs and snowballs?

Okay, how about...

#Mika+RandomGigInFieldInSummerPLZ(UK)+KitkatsAndJamTartsGalore=CANHAZPLZ?

Oh I really wanna see Mika jump though, I'm quite curious to hear if he has a manly scream or a girlie scream :naughty:

and what obscure thing did you have in mind? Play golf with twigs and snowballs?

Okay, how about...

#Mika+RandomGigInFieldInSummerPLZ(UK)+KitkatsAndJamTartsGalore=CANHAZPLZ?

Oh EVERYONE has a girly scream when they jump, you can't judge him on that. I jumped in a seminar the other day cos the door creaks really loudly and someone came in halfway through the seminar and I TOTALLY tried to hide it by readjusting myself in my chair to make it look like the involuntary movement was *actually* voluntary.

I dunno, something believeable but at the same time something that would make him go 'oh okay...hang on, WHAT?'

Yeah, I think that should be our tweet, shall we get it trending? :roftl:

Oh EVERYONE has a girly scream when they jump, you can't judge him on that. I jumped in a seminar the other day cos the door creaks really loudly and someone came in halfway through the seminar and I TOTALLY tried to hide it by readjusting myself in my chair to make it look like the involuntary movement was *actually* voluntary.

I dunno, something believeable but at the same time something that would make him go 'oh okay...hang on, WHAT?'

Yeah, I think that should be our tweet, shall we get it trending? :roftl:

AHAHAHA! I hate those awkward moments! The other person doesn't say anything but you KNOW they're thinking "that's totally faked, I can tell you dweeb"

playing golf with twigs and snowballs IS believeable! :roftl:

Alright then, you first haha. what's your twitter name?

AHAHAHA! I hate those awkward moments! The other person doesn't say anything but you KNOW they're thinking "that's totally faked, I can tell you dweeb"

playing golf with twigs and snowballs IS believeable! :roftl:

Alright then, you first haha. what's your twitter name?

They're so AWFUL. And when you're in your first seminar with all these new people you WANT to be cool and then you just completely and utterly fail. :roftl:

Er, yeah, I guess it's believeable. OMG part of me is hoping it snows. That would be EXCELLENT. Obviously after we get there and it's cleared by the time people are driving home and people have brought suitable clothing, but we could TOTALLY just build snowmen and have snowball fights. (50 points to the person who gets Mika when he arrives :naughty:)

I'm Lozzington, naturally. And you are?

They're so AWFUL. And when you're in your first seminar with all these new people you WANT to be cool and then you just completely and utterly fail. :roftl:

Er, yeah, I guess it's believeable. OMG part of me is hoping it snows. That would be EXCELLENT. Obviously after we get there and it's cleared by the time people are driving home and people have brought suitable clothing, but we could TOTALLY just build snowmen and have snowball fights. (50 points to the person who gets Mika when he arrives :naughty:)

I'm Lozzington, naturally. And you are?

ROFL

new tweet: #MikaWePrayItSnowsInFebSoWeCanHammerYouWithSnowBalls!

:roftl: Oh wait, that sounds quite offensive...

I'll find you!

ROFL

new tweet: #MikaWePrayItSnowsInFebSoWeCanHammerYouWithSnowBalls!

:roftl: Oh wait, that sounds quite offensive...

I'll find you!

Well it's not out of the question, we got all the snow in April earlier this year.

He'll probably arrive in a bullet proof car if we get that one trending.

How rude that you can't have symbols in hashtags. BAH.

We did, but it never really took off :naughty:

:lmfao: That would be classic and SO worth seeing :naughty:

Maybe we can convince people to ditch the early queueing for the sake of comedy? Maybe we SHOULD hide out in Starbucks until well after he's arrived.

Maybe practical jokes on Mika are the solution to all problems. :naughty:

Well it's not out of the question, we got all the snow in April earlier this year.

He'll probably arrive in a bullet proof car if we get that one trending.

How rude that you can't have symbols in hashtags. BAH.

ROFL and in a bullet proof suit :naughty: he'll probably have a catapult full of snow ready to pelt us LOL :lmfao:

we should all show up late in a limo or something, totally out-pimp the popstar haha :aah:

ROFL and in a bullet proof suit :naughty: he'll probably have a catapult full of snow ready to pelt us LOL :lmfao:

we should all show up late in a limo or something, totally out-pimp the popstar haha :aah:

He'll use his silver umbrella as a shield. OMG I took one of my cards out of my purse today and a bunch of confetti fell out - how ridiculous is that?

And I totally agree about the limo thing, maybe we should roll out the red carpet as well and be sipping champagne as we waltz in. :aah: