Taking daughter to concert advice

dad

Hi All,

My 10yr old daughter is mithering meto take her to a Mike gig. Can anyone advise suitability for this age?

Also from peoples experience from booking seated tickets, advice on seat position welcom!!

Ta

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm pretty much ok , maybe a few swear words and last time simulated animal sex but who knows what he will do this time

Hard to call , overall just be ok , depends how liberal you are

I was stood with some kids at Birmingham last time, and they didn't have a clue what was going on, I think the dad with them was taken aback a little, but the kids just thought it was dancing.

To dad who asked, lots of kids, sometimes younger than 10 (at Glastonbury in 07 and Bestival this year, 6-7 yr olds took the front row!) go to the gigs. It should be okay, it's a pretty good atmosphere usually.

Which gig are you looking to attend?

My first Mika gig, in Brighton - there was a family of four sat right in front of me - the daughter (7 or 8) and the mum were singing along and having a great time, the son (8 or 9) was swaying in time but looking a little embarrased and the dad looked bored!

personally, i think it's fine to bring a 10 years old to mika's concert, as long as you don't mind her hearing a few swear words. the animal sex that everyone is talking about last about 10-15 seconds & is done by people in animal costume with chinese shadow. not the highlight of the concert, believe me. i'm not sure if it will be part of this round of concerts or not :dunno:

it is a personal choice, but i'm sure your daughter would have a great time & you'd probably win "best father award" from her :naughty:

Mika concerts are great fun! Yeah, a couple of swear words here and there but because of the microphone you can't always clearly hear what he's saying anyway, unless I'm deaf :dunno: lol

The animal sex in the previous concert lasted practically a nanosecond. If you're unsure of the concert I recommend buying the concert DVD's "Live In Cartoon Motion" and "Parc Des Princes" :thumb_yello:

No idea what we're in store for this time round, but the tour starts this weekend in Canada I believe and there'll be tons of reports of what the gig will hold.

Hope this helps!

Ooh it should be fine! I would recommend seats though.. simply because sometimes people get a little overexcited at the front and there may be some pushing.

Other than that Mika shows are really harmless.

The occasional swear word is nothing worse than what your daughter would hear on tv you know?

I took my daughter to see Mika when she was 7 and it was fine. She said at the time that it was the best night of her life, so I don't regret it at all. She has spent the past two years waiting for another opportunity and today I booked tickets to take her to Bristol (she's 9 now). There's an awful lot worse to see on television before 9pm than you'll see at a Mika gig.

Take her -she'll love it!

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Freddie, I don't think a 10 year-old would understand those simulated actions you are talking about... :teehee:

I'd take my daughter to any Mika gig but unfortunately I don't have one:wink2:

My 6 yo son loves Mika, and keeps watching his vids (yes, the animal part too, I don't think it's that bad for him...). I would love to take him to see Mika some day, and I'm a bit sorry I didn't take him during the acoustic tour. He is too small to take to large venues.

My older son listens to Mika too. He likes to translate lyrics etc, and he wants to know details... I just tried to explain him Dr John :roftl:

I took my daughter to see Mika when she was 7 and it was fine. She said at the time that it was the best night of her life, so I don't regret it at all. She has spent the past two years waiting for another opportunity and today I booked tickets to take her to Bristol (she's 9 now). There's an awful lot worse to see on television before 9pm than you'll see at a Mika gig.

Take her -she'll love it!

I remember that lovely, lovely picture :wub2:

Hi All,

My 10yr old daughter is mithering meto take her to a Mike gig. Can anyone advise suitability for this age?

Also from peoples experience from booking seated tickets, advice on seat position welcom!!

Ta

don't hesitate take her, you will both have a fabby time. I'm taking an 11 year old to sheffield she doesn't know yet it's a surprise :thumb_yello:

My little sister went with me and both of my parents (aargh) to a Mika gig 2 years ago.

Back then she was 11, and she was fine. She's a tough girl, and knew a lot more stuff then you should know at the age of 11:teehee:

My parents also thought it was fine. Like everyone else said, the occasional swearing is hardly understandable, and IF he will do the animal sex thing again (which I highly doubt), then it only lasts less than a minute, and she won't understand it anyway.

And the atmosphere is quite fluffy. Not many scary machomen:teehee:

If you're going, have fun!:thumb_yello:

Thank you for remembering our photo Mariposa and Violet Sky! It is my all-time favourite photo of Mika, for obvious reasons. When I picked my daughter up from school this afternoon I told her that I'd got tickets for February and that the venue allows children. She was really excited and asked if she would get a cuddle from Mika again. I had to tell her not to raise her hopes because she was very lucky last time.

Note to "dad", the original poster, please check with your venue that they allow kids, it would be heartbreaking for your daughter if she wasn't let in on the night.

I took my 12 yo daughter last year when she was 10 and she was perfectly fine...

So fine she wants to do it again next April...:)

She's 1, 65m anyway...lol...taller than many MFCrs...

Even my 6yo boy wanted to go, but that would be a bit harsh, maybe when he's older/taller...

I don't think the swearing is too noticeable, just as much as walking on the street...

And the animal smex stuff is hardly supposed to happen in this tour, but then what else would come out of that perv mind???? LOLz