REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA at Little Noise Sessions in London 18-11-2009

Christine

Aaaaah I'm still so high from this gig. I spent last night (the tiny bit I stayed awake for at least - was in bed by 10.30 :roftl: - watching the whole concert again on my laptop. I'm so pleased that it was literally a matter of about a second between the vids - I didn't want to miss the talking bits so it was like, end of song, applause, stop recording, start again, chat, next song, repeat.

I kept randomly grinning in my writing workshop today. People must have thought I was mad. We were reading some Ernest Hemingway and I just broke into a huge grin when something was said about some bloke getting his head blown off, but actually, I was just reliving the sentence swap between Mika and me. (Doesn't really count as a conversation, so sentence swap it is).

Goddddd, I'm gonna watch the videos again.

Oh, and if you watch Billy Brown, he does this amazingly adorable thing towards the end when he's doing his 'do ba ba, baaa ba baaa' and he adds in this little twiddly bit and looks at the King's Singers dead cheeky as though he's thinking 'yeah, look at me sing, I can do it too'. It's brilliant. I love it.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to add a review because you have all seen the videos and know what a stunning performance he gave.

He sang beautifully, he was happy, the crowd was very responsive, and the King's Singers added a new dimension to the songs. I really hope some at least some of this amazing evening is shown on TV soon.

A posting from the King's Singers on their website

20 / 11 / 2009 - LONDON CONCERT WITH MIKA

Two nights ago we sang at Union Chapel at a concert put together by BBC Radio 1 DJ, Jo Whiley, in aid of the learning disability charity, Mencap. The invitation to perform came directly from the singer songwriter, Mika, and over a period of months Phil has been working on arrangements of eight Mika songs - some from his last album 'Life in Cartoon Motion' and some from the new album 'We are Golden'.

This was an extraordinary meeting of musicians. Mika's talent is prodigious, not only as a singer and performer, but also as a songwriter. When we went for rehearsals in Putney on the day before the concert, we realised just how fabulous Mika's band is too - a bunch of top class musos and lovely people with it.

The concert in London's Union Chapel was part of Mencap's 'Little Noise Sessions" which have been filmed by Channel 4 for broadcast in December. It is anticipated that one of the songs we sang with Mika - 'Rain' - will be within the programme.

The evening was incredible fun and as soon as we have the official footage and photographs we will share them on this site, YouTube and beyond. There is already a huge amount of video footage from personal hand held cameras and mobiles on the web. For now, though, we share just a couple of shots taken at the rehearsal and show. More soon.

http://www.kingssingers.com/news.php

I have been really enjoying watching the vids of this excellent evening.

Not to take away from Sarah & Jazzy as I thoroughly enjoyed & favourited a lot of your vids.

Here are three vids by Rakpenguin with superb sound:

Any Other World

By The Time

Over My Shoulder

I didn't know that Mika wrote "Over My Shoulder" when he was fifteen years old. Wow! Kudos Mika!

Aaaaah I'm still so high from this gig. I spent last night (the tiny bit I stayed awake for at least - was in bed by 10.30 :roftl: - watching the whole concert again on my laptop. I'm so pleased that it was literally a matter of about a second between the vids - I didn't want to miss the talking bits so it was like, end of song, applause, stop recording, start again, chat, next song, repeat.

I kept randomly grinning in my writing workshop today. People must have thought I was mad. We were reading some Ernest Hemingway and I just broke into a huge grin when something was said about some bloke getting his head blown off, but actually, I was just reliving the sentence swap between Mika and me. (Doesn't really count as a conversation, so sentence swap it is).

Goddddd, I'm gonna watch the videos again.

Oh, and if you watch Billy Brown, he does this amazingly adorable thing towards the end when he's doing his 'do ba ba, baaa ba baaa' and he adds in this little twiddly bit and looks at the King's Singers dead cheeky as though he's thinking 'yeah, look at me sing, I can do it too'. It's brilliant. I love it.

I randomly grinned when I told my trustees that if the org I worked for went bust and they might be liable for the debts if they had made bad decisions. That grin was mostly due to Mika (and partly due to the fact I like frightening my trustees :teehee:)

I randomly grinned when I told my trustees that if the org I worked for went bust and they might be liable for the debts if they had made bad decisions. That grin was mostly due to Mika (and partly due to the fact I like frightening my trustees :teehee:)

Hahaha I bet that went down well.

And Kodes, I am deeply offended that you are watching videos that were not put up by me, how could you? :teehee:

I kid, I kid.

Not to take away from Sarah & Jazzy as I thoroughly enjoyed & favourited a lot of your vids.

Any Other World

By The Time

Over My Shoulder

I didn't know that Mika wrote "Over My Shoulder" when he was fifteen years old. Wow! Kudos Mika!

Aww, thank you, this was the first time I ever tried doing vids, and they seemed to turn out not too bad.

Anyone spot the boo boo, in the first paragraph?

It's not We Are Golden, it's The Boy Who Knew Too Much, bless 'em:teehee:

!

Wow, you're right about the sound! What sort of camera is it Rose, if you don't mind my asking?

:roftl: Yeah, I smiled my way through the dullest of reports when I got back to work

Wow, you're right about the sound! What sort of camera is it Rose, if you don't mind my asking?

:roftl: Yeah, I smiled my way through the dullest of reports when I got back to work

It's a Nikon Coolpix, I was worried that the sound might be a bit fuzzy.

Aww, thank you, this was the first time I ever tried doing vids, and they seemed to turn out not too bad.

Anyone spot the boo boo, in the first paragraph?

It's not We Are Golden, it's The Boy Who Knew Too Much, bless 'em:teehee:

Oops!

Rose I didn't know that was you.

I am really slow! Hahaha!

Your vids are beautiful & more importantly the sound is wonderful - seriously.

I all three to my favourites.

And Kodes, I am deeply offended that you are watching videos that were not put up by me, how could you? :teehee:

I kid, I kid.

Jazzy you are a brat!:roftl::roftl:

You had me there for about a mille second.:blink::boxed:

I am so in awe of the peformances at Little Noise Sessions that I have added so many new vids to my favourites - including yours Jazzy!

Jazzy you are a brat!:roftl::roftl:

You had me there for about a mille second.:blink::boxed:

I am so in awe of the peformances at Little Noise Sessions that I have added so many new vids to my favourites - including yours Jazzy!

Hahah you're so silly. Anyone whoever gets offended because people watch other videos needs to get their lives sorted out - some people only get their wheely bins collected once a fortnight, now THAT is a major world concern, not youtube trifles.

I'm glad you enjoyed my videos though. Hopefully from all the different videos, anyone who wasn't there can enjoy it almost as much as those of who were. :thumb_yello:

Oops!

Rose I didn't know that was you.

I am really slow! Hahaha!

Your vids are beautiful & more importantly the sound is wonderful - seriously.

I all three to my favourites.

Thank you, you're very kind:wub2:

Can I thank everyone who has shared photos reports and videos. I've been kept happily busy for a long tme.

I wonder if anyone can help me though... Jazzy perhaps .... My computer seems to have lost its ability to download the YouTube videos except as .flv and my converting program has lost its ability to 'rip' the mp3 audio track off the saved video.

So what I need if it's possible, is for someone else to do it and make it downloadable. Is that possible please?

Mika - Over My Shoulder @ Union Chapel Little Noise Sessions 181109

Wow, I love his little chat at the beginning. Does he really say he wrote Over My Shoulder when he was 15?! I can't even wrap my head around how astounding that is. Go Mika! :wub2:

I hate to say it, because this version is lovely, but I don't think it's as good as the version with Alexander. Sorry Kings Singers, I'm happy for you and I'ma let you finish, but I prefer the Mika/Alexander combination. :roftl:

If you haven't read/seen it yet, don't forget to check out my blog! The link is in my signature, feel free to leave comments :original:

I've seen your blog, must stop just watching the last part:naughty:

If you haven't read/seen it yet, don't forget to check out my blog! The link is in my signature, feel free to leave comments :original:

I have 6 YT screens open just for you for the past 2 days, but 've been busy with my peaceful underwear...:naughty: so i'll watch it tonight, just getting the popcorn ready...:thumb_yello:

Wow, I love his little chat at the beginning. Does he really say he wrote Over My Shoulder when he was 15?! I can't even wrap my head around how astounding that is. Go Mika! :wub2:

I hate to say it, because this version is lovely, but I don't think it's as good as the version with Alexander. Sorry Kings Singers, I'm happy for you and I'ma let you finish, but I prefer the Mika/Alexander combination. :roftl:

:lmfao:

LOVE YOU WONKA!!!:wub2:

And i :wub2: you too, !

This looked damned fabby!!!

Thanks for all the reports and clips and stuff:biggrin2:

Thought you had gone, Freddie...:(

Edited by willywonka