REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA @ Enmore SYDNEY Nov 24 2009

Blue Sky

*feels tall*

I'm taller than Cherisse :naughty: (from soangel)

I'm not taller than Cherisse (when I'm on my knees) :naughty: (from oakie doke)

Btw... just for those who don't know. This account is a joint account. This trip the it represented alot of people, but for the next few days its just me (soangel) and oakie doke. So anything posted is from us. Before that it was dc, kelz, hk, s&m, tanya k, teegs (and zoe) and us 2. Its easier for us to report on what we're doing together (hence the teaser trailer earlier which I wrote :naughty:)

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ya.. poor thing :naughty: hope he's happy with Frankmusik or whoever else he's with now..bet he misses us though :naughty:

i bet he's quite glad to be away from us lol :naughty:

S'alright, I don't mind. I mean, I quite like Dan and Jimmy.

Edited by CazGirl

Thanks Tegan, DCDeb and Freddiesdouble for organising the M&G. Very much appreciated!!:mf_lustslow:

Have just uploaded the first of my vids to you tube. It's Mika's entrance. The camera work gets wonky when he takes the spacesuit off....cant possibly think why, then there is much squealing from Mireille and Mici about his white pants...I guess you had to be there.

Oh, BIG hugs and thanks to Mireille and Mouselle who helped me keep Floss in relative Floss shape. Mireille had a lovely chat with 2 drunk girls behind us and kept them in their place and not our places which I can only imagine is where they wanted to be. Nice work girl!!:thumb_yello:

Floss only got squished once and that was when Jimmy leant forward to hi five the WINNERS of the BIOTG's sing off... It would have been rude to have not attempted to reciprocate the hi five. But all is OK. Floss bounced back.

Sorry, but I had to laugh really hard when I read that. :teehee:

Thank you, Sariflor.

I can't stop so I'm glad someone is reading.

I can't cope with the next bit yet, so I'm delaying. Your feed back is helping me.

Please don't stop writing. I love reading long reports. Makes me feel part of the MFC-family :wub2:

Egypt Man! I'm so slow, I've been appreciating your pictures and stuff and I've only just connected that you are the Matthew I chatted to for ages!

And if you reveresed that sentence it would be just as true! I like both of your alter-egos!

The two are one! Just like magic, the pictures side by side slide toegther to make the one person! Wow, and hi again!

I can't stop so I'm glad someone is reading.

Please don't stop!:wub2:

I always read reports; I find it so amazing that we are able to get to know what is going on in other parts of the world, and especially this way, not written by journalists who never can have the right feeling!

As a Mika fan to another you know to appreciate the little details that makes everyone’s experience unique, and the things that are important to tell one another!:wink2:

Please don't stop!:wub2:

I always read reports; I find it so amazing that we are able to get to know what is going on in other parts of the world, and especially this way, not written by journalists who never can have the right feeling!

As a Mika fan to another you know to appreciate the little details that makes everyone’s experience unique, and the things that are important to tell one another!:wink2:

I have the same feelings about professional concert videos. The do all their fancy camera tricks to keep it 'interesting'. Don't they realise that as full screen picture of Mika as he moves and sings is all we really need!:naughty:

Edited by mouselle
oops!

Egypt Man! I'm so slow, I've been appreciating your pictures and stuff and I've only just connected that you are the Matthew I chatted to for ages!

And if you reveresed that sentence it would be just as true! I like both of your alter-egos!

The two are one! Just like magic, the pictures side by side slide toegther to make the one person! Wow, and hi again!

Yeah, it was great talking to you too! The quilt you made for Mika looked awesome (from the photos you showed me). And, your in-depth concert reports are fantastic. You have the best memory! It's funny, I also got the feeling Mika wanted to throw the feather hat out to the audience. He kind of went through the motions a few times, and then stopped. Maybe he's only got one and he needed it for the next leg of the tour.

Anyhow, I'll upload some more photos now :thumb_yello:

Part 7 Mika

Somebody asked Mika’s mother if he really still enjoyed receiving all those gifts. Surely by now he must be overwhelmed with the amount, and there was bound to be repetition that would have grown old by now. She said “No. He really does enjoy receiving them, and looks at them all and appreciates every single one.”

Mika came into the room, and there was a general division into those who hung back and those who pushed forward. I had an insane notion that if I stayed back, he would find me, because he had to.

I gave David the inset from a DVD, and he moved forward and got it signed. I had my precious moment of watching from a distance as my two tall slender favorite fellows were side by side. I have wanted to do a height and build comparison for a long time. I was sure that at the time of the Forum, when I stood next to Mika, that he was the same height as my son. Unfortunately ( ), David has kept growing, and is now several inches taller! LOL! And I don’t even know how tall David is. We haven’t measured him for a year or so! Probably well over 6’4.

I saw Nico_Collard get her moment, and Happikali gave her necklace, and Chickadee pointed him in my direction. I don’t know why she gave up her moment to do that, and I can’t thank her enough while at the same time being so bewildered and overwhelmed. Chickadee I have a pm written to send to you as soon as you clear some room!

Mika came towards me and smiled, and I showed him the picture I wanted him to sign. He was writing a message, and it seemed the moment went on forever. He was pushed close to me, and I was holding the picture steady so he could write on it. He kept writing, each word was so slow and careful, and I kept glancing at his face, and then down at his hand, and he had only written one word in all the time of my glance. As moments go, it went on forever, and I had time to really appreciate being so close, and the effort he was making. I was so worried, he was having to concentrate so hard to write each word, and I can’t imagine how he could be so tired and still be there for us. He finished, and said “I have to leave now”. I felt like I had taken far too much of his time and energy, and backed off so quickly I only then realized that I still had a gift to give him. I got John’s attention and handed it over, and then watched Mika make his slow way to the door, signing all the way.

Annie was near me, and while she still had a journal in her hand for him to sign, she was not going to ask, and did not want him to exert himself anymore but he took it and signed it on automatic pilot. She said he was so tired the pen nearly fell out of his hand as he wrote.

It seems I can’t write my emotions down. My feelings are very complex, between the caring love, and the admiration for all the aspects of him that I can glimpse. There’s awe and wonder and amazement, and none of that is new. How can a moment mean so much, a few words on a page, be so precious, and it’s not even that they are, it’s the memory they represent, and I don’t even need the tangible to keep or maintain the memory.

Ok, think logically. The fact that I had a picture for him to sign gave me an excuse to be close and for him to spend time with me. He’s used to that, as witness Annie and the automatic pilot in him that grabs the thing to be signed and does the job. He was a little distressed at the Forum that the only things I had to get signed were for others, until I finally hunted up something that he could sign for me. So he thinks it’s important that we get the mementoes that we want.

Whether we are trophy hunters or seeking a deeper connection, the time he spends with us gives us what we want/need. So the trophy hunters treasure the tangible, and the connectors treasure the time spent. Whether that’s enough is a decision for each individual, but I believe that it is more than enough, and the effort he makes is above and beyond any conceivable call of duty.

The M&G is only a part of the whole experience for me but because I was physically close to Mika, and because he was focusing on writing a message for me, it overwhelms me more than most of the rest. But then I consider each part again, and I am not sure if even that is true. I spent the whole few days feeling more and more accepted by and connected to the people around Mika, more than to Mika himself. Yet I translate it into a Mika experience because that’s what makes it important to me. Yup, fangurl.

The only thing that makes that in any way acceptable to me as appropriate behaviour is that everyone I interacted with so obviously had Mika as their own top priority and interest – professionally at least, that I did not feel rude. Also, I might have been feeling Mika obsessed, and my reason for speaking to them was because I am Mika obsessed, but usually other things were discussed first or solely. Hopefully that’s enough. It’s all I can do.

Ok, I’m done. I’ve written forever, and my husband is starting to get restive. Perhaps I need to act like I’m home again!!!

Putting the fun back in a 'live' show

Reviewed by Bernard Zuel

November 26, 2009

MIKA

Enmore Theatre, November 24

BRITNEY versus Mika? That's no contest, surely.

A pop play-off pitting an American multimedia star who learnt at the knee of Madonna against a Lebanese boy raised in London who took his cues from Freddie Mercury will surely end in a victory for dollars over pounds. Right? Not so fast folks.

A week ago Britney Spears showed us what can be done with a pop spectacle when the talent on show is negligible but the financial heft substantial. She cleaned up.

At the Enmore, Mika had a smaller stage, smaller cast and a substantially smaller budget. And he cleaned her clock.

It's not the screams that tell the story: all things considered it probably was about equal, though you might be surprised at how many unaccompanied adults were spread through the room. It's not even the song quality; Mika's material is superior in almost every way (particularly new songs such as the almost irresistible We Are Golden) but as we know that is not necessarily important in a pop show.

What Mika has that La Britney couldn't manage was spontaneity and joy. That is, authentic pleasure at performing, genuine fondness for the songs (writing them yourself helps with that) and, yes, live instruments and vocals played by people who looked like they liked what they were doing and were not just waiting for pay day.

Silliness and theatrics of course made an appearance. The show opened with the band members, in bold multipatterns, watching ''newsreader'' Sir Ian McKellan report on a spaceship crash before Mika arrived in space suit and helmet.

Four sizeable maids a-dancing showed up for Big Girl (You Are Beautiful); a giant teapot made an appearance mid-show; fluorescent clothes, confetti and giant balloons filled the encore; and Mika flung himself about in a loose-limbed, wiggly hipped but definitely not choreographed manner.

Even with the occasional slowed-down moment, such as I See You, the sugar-rush tempo of the night seemed a relentless up, up, up! Which can test anyone not riding high on puberty's rollercoaster. Not everyone would necessarily thrill to Mika's falsetto, which now more often resembles disco queen Sylvester than rock queen Mercury, or the way Days Like This feels like it's only one little-lunch break away from being a year six disco. But you would be a fool to fight the delight, on stage and off, in a pop show that remembered to bring the pop and not just the show.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertainment/music/putting-the-fun-back-in-a-live-show/2009/11/25/1258824755534.html

Hi egypt man - I think it might be easier for people to scroll through this thread and read the posts if you make your images on "image shack" smaller.

:naughty:

Hi Suzy,

I dont know how to make the photos smaller, so I've just moved them to a new thread - http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2664256&posted=1#post2664256

I guess it also means that anyone that wants to save them can have a full resolution copy of them.

Matt:thumb_yello:

Where do I start... And I will warn everyone now, there will be some completely insignificant stuff, but it'j just how my mind works!

Okay... Tuesday morning started with me no being excited or nervous. I think I still didn't quite believe that Mika was in Sydney and that we were going to see him. At around 11am I started to get excited because I got a message from dcdeb asking me if I could organise a list of people for a meet and greet. Once I realised that we were going to be able to meet Mika, I got very nervous and excited! Eventually, we (mouselle, Annie M, Jericho and Rosina) left for the Enmore while Sweet Knees and chickadee had agreed to wait for hi_nick to show up at Central station. We arrived at the Enmore at about 1:15 and promptly sat down with soangel, S&M, Tanya K, deconstruction, bonzaboy and racinghorse83, as well as some random girls that we didn't know (but spent the whole time in line giving us dirty looks). Anyways, sometime around 2pm I saw mouselle and Annie chatting to John so I got up and introduced myself. We talked about getting the passes for the meet and greet in the foyer and he told me that if I needed any more that I just need to ask and he'll get more, but I was not allowed to give them to random people in the line.

Later, mouselle went down the line (which had about 30 or so people there I guess) and ordered drinks for us with money she got from John. I was also introduced to Maria and Rebecca, who mouselle recognised from Sunrise the previous day. They told me that Mrs P said that they could be big girls and get in for the meet and greet so I said I'd try and organise that for them. During that time time a lot of other MFCers joined the line, and as I found out that they were MFCers I went up and introduced myself and mentioned that we would be getting passes for the M&G. I watched a bit of the sound check, tweeted and took some photos, and also gave away a few little concert survival kits, which contained a balloon, bubbles, bandaids, lollipops and gold stars and balls. John also came out and talked to us again and asked if I would organise some girls in the line to be big girls. He said that they may be able to have four, but that Mrs P would need to check and she'd be the judge as to who could be a big girl. I ended up asking Kylie (Jodi's cousin and is Italian Princess), Maria (miabest), Rebecca (Maria's sister), decided to add myself to the running (and why not!). John came back out and we spoke about the big girls again, and he pointed to Rosina and said "What about her?" I'd obviously forgotten to ask her, but she agreed, and so we went into the foyer and waited while John got Mrs P. Eventually she came out and had a look at us, and she looked at me and told me that I looked a bit small to be a big girl. She waved me over (I think she was going to get me to try on a corset), but she turned me around and had a look at me and was still not convinced. After that, we all went back outside and I told the group that it looked like I was going to be too small to be a big girl.

Much later, John came back and got us and took us backstage to wait for Mrs P. She came out eventually and started trying corsets on us. I got up, and she tried it on and decided that I would be okay as a big girl! The others got measured up (so to speak) and they were all okay, but one had to go. She didn't really want two sisters to go up on stage, so Rebecca graciously stepped down, even though Kylie offered to go. We also were taken on stage by Owain and he told us where to stand and what we should do (ie, shake your arse and tits!). Once we were all sorted out, we were told that we would go in with the rest of the crowd and that someone would come get us and dress us at 8pm.

As it got closer to the doors opening, I was trying to contact my sister Zoe as she was driving from Orange to Sydney, and making sure she could get her ticket if I had to go in before she got there. John came back for us at around 7pm and got us to go in backstage and we sat back where we were before (they had to make sure we weren't going to be in the way). We had a lot of people walking by as there was a chef cooking nearby and people were bringing food out all the time. Mika walked past and the others saw him (I was too busy sending messages :teehee:), but he walked past again and said hello, and then hid in a room (the other girls could see him poking his head out the door). Cherisse, Jimmy and Martin (:wub2:) all walked past, and as Jimmy went to get some food he glanced at us and then looked again! We introduced ourselves, he recognised Maria, was surprised that Rosina flew over from New Zealand and thought it was pretty cool that there was an Aussie called Kylie (:naughty: - wish I could remember the exact words). John told us that if we wanted anything to eat or drink that we should help ourselves, so I got up and perused the tea bags (not that I drink tea!). I think there was white tea, green tea, english breakfast, decaf and another packet (no earl grey though). There were 4 boxes of Twinnings tea and the other two I can't remember. I also said that if Mika came out and got some tea that I was going to steal the box :naughty:. While I was backstage, I found out that Zoe forgot her camera and so I reced out to give her mine. I spotted Oakie Doke, so I tried calling out to her, and when she didn't turn around, I tried to slip through and give her the camera. A few people let me through, but one girl gave me a bit of a dirty look after I explained that I was giving the camera to a friend and then going back, so I just pushed past and gave it to Bianca. After I got back we got moved to a catering room, and we waited to be dressed. We were all given the frilly underwear and fishnets (I put a hole in the fishnets :blush-anim-cl:), and once we had those on we had to put the corsets on (while Orianthi was playing). I mentioned in passing that I wouldn't mind seeing how Orianthi played, and Mrs P gave me a look, so I finished the sentednce by saying that being a big girl was so much better and was a once in a life time opportunity that I couldn't pass up.

When we were all dressed including shoes, we stood around and waited for John and Owain to get us. In the meantime we saw one of the catering staff start to pack up and we saw Martin walk past and Jimmy came past as well and left the UV paint with us. He ended up coming back and taking a picture of us and posting to Twitter! We also considered putting some on but decided against it because we thought we might get in trouble. Yasmine came up to us with the UV paint and painted two stripes of paint on either side of our faces. iMMa also came and got changed and went looking for someone to do up her corset and we could hear Mika warming up his voice and singing a bit of Relax.

Eventually, we heard the crowd start clapping and cheering as the band came on stage to do their thing, and Mrs P came back to find us still waiting! She sent Kylie and Rosina to one side of the stage, and Maria and I followed Mrs P to our side of the stage. We started to watch the video of Sr Ian McKellen, and John walked past and closed the door to the stage while Mika came off and got changed. We were then let up to watch the song from the sid of the stage and we jumped around and sang along, and I believe Maria got a grin from Jimmy. When Big Girl started, We sang along and jumped around, and when it was our turn to go up, Owain yelled out to us and we raced up the stairs! As soon as people saw us go up on the stage, the crowd, especially the first two rows went wild and cheered really loudly! I rmember spotting Annie, Mici and flossie. Towards the end of the song my arm was getting very sore and tired, so I half stopped waving it around (and you can notice it). Once the song finished, Owain helped me down the stairs as I almost tripped down the stairs, and we raced down the stairs and started getting changed. We ended up missing the third song (I think it was Stuck In The Middle).

Once we were done, we went out into the crowd. The others decided to try and get in to the front, and I stayed with happikali and Kelzy. I tried to record Blue Eyes on my phone, but my shoulder was so sore I couldn't hold up the camera to take pictures or video so I stopped. I really enjoyed the show even though I was more than 10 rows back and had people in front of me spilling drinks and talking through all the songs. During Love Today he told us to jump so I yelled out "Don't hurt yourself!" and smiled when I heard the Aussies yell out "We are not what you think we are" and saw his very cheeky grin. I thought it was very funny when he forgot what key Pick Up Off The Floor was. I think he also mentioned about how usually the band finishes the song after he does, but during the song he finished before them (or something along those lines). I really enjoyed the songs, and even Toy Boy was okay (I'm not a fan), and love how he does Lollipop with the drums as well.

After the show we stood to the side and waited for people to get out so we could have the meet and greet. At one stage I heard someone say my name and I turned around and it was Nick! I hugged him and asked what happened and he said that he managed to get there by himself and that the others must've missed him. I also saw Matthew and he said how much he enjoeyed it, and eventually we went upstairs into the foyer for the meet and greet. I ended up finding Zoe and gave her her pass, and gave one to Nick and also to mika_me and to Mika Cherry (I had to get the spare one from Jodi!) As we were wandering around I realised that I had nothing for anyone to sign so I grabbed my little retro book out for people to sign. Oh, and a retro book is a small art book with blank pages and you add songs, quotes, pictures, lists, and anything you like. Once you finish it you put it away and don't read it for 5 years. Anyways, I grabbed it out and some markers so people could get stuff signed. First up I went to iMMa and she signed my book, then I went to Cherisse and I got her to sign as well. Zoe and I got a picture with her. Then After a while, we were told that Mika would be coming out and that we had to put our cameras away. When he came out, I waited back until he came ti me, and he tried to make his way around the room. When it looked like he was heading off I decided that I better step forward and talk to him, so I got his attention. I said that about 6 months ago I had 2 strokes and that people from MFC had tweeted him about it and he ended up sending me flowers. He replied with "Oh, so you were teh one I sent flowers to!" He asked how I was doing, and Zoe nentioned how I had right sided weakness and that when she walked in the room with them my face lit up. I said thank you so much fro the flowers and he said that's okay and he also asked how my right side was. I said it was okay and demonstrated by lifting my arm right into the air (even though it was tired and my arm had dropped a bit by then). I also asked for a hug and he said okay, so I got to hug him! :fangurl: I forgot to mention the petition and forgot to ask for an autograph, but that's okay cause I managed to speak reasonably well to him!

After he left, we stood around and chatted amongst ourselves while I had a bit of a look for Martin, and we weren't sure if David and Jimmy were sitting in a corner chatting so we asked iMMa and she said yes. I asked if she'd seen Martin and she said no, and then somehow the conversation got around to accents and she said David had a great Scottish accent, to which I moaned and said I love Scottish accents! She laughed and we waited for either Jimmy or David to stop talking. We managed to get Jimmy's attention and he came over and started chatting to us, and we also saw Martin as well! Jimmy went over to talk to people who were waiting at the door and so we started chatting to Martin about all sorts of stuff. I asked if he'd explored Sydney much, and he said he'd been a lot, including a few times with Lily Allen. He also said that he was thinking of moving to Sydney in 2-3 years, and said that he didn't think Melbourne was a great place to raise kids, but Sydney was cause it was so cultural. I also mentioned that he should come out west and have a look out here. Jimmy came back and told Martin that hte people at the door wanted to talk to him, so he went over and we chatted to Jimmy. We had to wait for Martin to return the marker so Jimmy could sign, so Jimmy asked what he go was with the book. I explained to him what was in it and started flicking through it until I realised that there was a start of a fan fic in it and i got past that pretty quickly! I started to explain about the petition, and when he got the marker back he signed my book and I got a pciture with him.

I went back to Martin and got a picture with him and he was giving a thumbs up so we asked why (I can't remember what he said). I checked the picture was okay, and when Martin asked if it was okay I gave him a thumbs up. He laughed about that and I said we did it cause we worship the ground he walks on. Zoe and I started to bow down to him and he laughed and walked off. I got a picture with iMMa, and she said that Zoe told her that I'd had 2 strokes and was a big girl, and she said it was really inspirational that I got up and danced soon after having 2 strokes. She was so sweet. We waited for David, and when he was walking around we caught him and he recognised some of hte girls from the front row, and I said that I was a big girl and he high fived me! We asked for an autograph and he told us that he had a really bad signature, and I said I didn't care. He signed it and said "See?" I got a pic with him, and then the others got a signature and a pic.

Just before we walked out, I told Zoe that we should've gotten Cherisse a t shirt that said "I'm not short, I'm fun sized!", so we told her that we'd get her a t shirt and asked her where to send it. She loved the idea of the t shirt.

All up, it was the best concert I have ever been to! Admittedly that's not saying much cause I've only been to 4 but still... I had the best night, and I can't stop smiling!

Edited by nico_collard

Woah Tegan, it's so cool to read about your time backstage!! It would have been so awesome to hear Mika warming up and stuff (not to mention the experience of just being there while everything was getting ready!). Did you guys get to see Orianthi before she went on?

Otherwise, personally, I have to say thank you again for organising everything! You did so much to make the night so much better for so many of us!:biggrin2:

On stage, his energy level, excitement and bounce just rivets me. In person, I get a huge sense of fragility. A lot of it is height and slenderness, but I can understand why so many people, and so many of his family have diverted their lives to support him. He has enormous talent and ability and is highly intelligent and capable, and all that - but...

The expectations and demands on him are literally more than mortal man should bear, and anyone who loves him would be desperate to do whatever they could to make his path slightly easier.

I don't know why I think he has it harder than other new stars. Actually, I do. Your average new pop star is a singer. They are being managed and directed to the nth degree by their professional handlers, but all (!!!) they have to do is cope with that. Their life is managed, but they never really have to think or organise. They suffer from lack of being control (being puppetted), but usually don't care as long as they can sing.

A large number of them seem to be party people who like the glitz and the getting laid. I know they work hard, but they party hard too.

Mika and his family are trying to do so much more, with this creation of the Mika world space and many other aims which are totally foreign to (and additional to, not replacing) normal media and popworld traditions. So he's got the extra battles to fight for every contrary thing he wants to do, as well all the things he can't resist being involved in, from stage setup, to theatre as part of the show, to costumes and fan art exhibitions, as well as his need not only for "me time" but artistic time.

Every artistic friend I have starts going slightly insane as soon as they are deprived of time to be artistic. Yes, he's fulfilling the performance side of him when on tour, but there also needs to be time for journalling and doodling, and being.

Owain was saying that they have the expectation that as Mika becomes more well known and builds a big enough fan base they can start limiting the media commitments, because an album and tour will be promotion enough. I hope that day comes quickly! 13 hour non-stop days are not good!

By the way, is there a reason my post was quoted before this?

This thread is awesome, so many wonderful and detailed reports, thank you for writing them, love them!!! :wub2: Happy for everyone who was there, you had waited for this for such a long time!

Matt, found your pics from another thread, thanks for sharing them!! :thumb_yello:

Awwwww Tegan ... you got to thank him for your flowers, lovely :wub2:

Everyones reports are absolutely wonderful - loving reading them - so full of love, excitement and unforgettable moments, sigh...

Thanks for sharing your experiences all :biggrin2: