Wax statue of Mika in the Grévin Museum

Droopsy

Well, welcome to you :naughty:. This is what I call "making an entrance".

Yeah, she did :wink2:. Any mention to Lili's appearance makes me remember that Milan June 09 gig though, I must say, when she was all dressed up in order to impress :fisch: That was very funny :naughty:

Good old Andrew :lmfao:

Poor Wika. Stoned :roftl:. I don't think he looks stoned. Just slightly...vacant :teehee:

I guess tht we also see the contrast a lot more because the real Mika has a very intense and deep look in his eyes, so the contrast is far greater. If he was just one of those people who don't have a strong look, it wouldn't be so obvious :dunno:

Oh and I didn't quote you, but totally agree with what you said about behaving properly, Christine. As I said in my initial rant...er, post :lmfao: in this thread a couple of days ago, I think that people should be ashamed of themselves.

If I was Mika I would go around slapping everyone off me :lmfao:

perhaps if he was wearing a certain t-shirt that his mom puts him in, you wouldn't have noticed the vacant look in his eyes :fisch:

i would slap people as well if they crowded me or stopped me from moving. i wouldn't make a good popstar, i'm too much of a diva :shun:

perhaps if he was wearing a certain t-shirt that his mom puts him in, you wouldn't have noticed the vacant look in his eyes :fisch:

Pah :shun: He's totally over that Tshirt these days :dunno: that was a long time ago :roftl:

He probably threw it away now and all. After all the work I put in it :tears::naughty:

i would slap people as well if they crowded me or stopped me from moving. i wouldn't make a good popstar, i'm too much of a diva :shun:

You and I, sistah :lmfao:

In fact when I was typing the slapping thing I remembered that you posted it a couple of days ago, but I was too lazy to find the post and quote it :blush-anim-cl:

And yeah I am under no illusion that I would make a good popstar. Never mind the actual talent and singing; I would totally fail at having the patience to deal with fans. I can't even teach people without losing my temper if they don't "get it", imagine this sort of scenario. I would lash out at everyone when I flipped if they were crowding me or whatnot :roftl:. Mika is a saint.

He should really start telling the abusing ones off, I think.

Pah :shun: He's totally over that Tshirt these days :dunno: that was a long time ago :roftl:

He probably threw it away now and all. After all the work I put in it

:tears: after all that hard work you put in.

imagine if he gave it away to a place where they collect 2nd hand clothing & you happen to run into the poor soul who bought it! i can just see you trying to explain to that person :lmfao::aah:

You and I, sistah :lmfao:

In fact when I was typing the slapping thing I remembered that you posted it a couple of days ago, but I was too lazy to find the post and quote it :blush-anim-cl:

And yeah I am under no illusion that I would make a good popstar. Never mind the actual talent and singing; I would totally fail at having the patience to deal with fans. I can't even teach people without losing my temper if they don't "get it", imagine this sort of scenario. I would lash out at everyone when I flipped if they were crowding me or whatnot :roftl:. Mika is a saint.

the thing is, people can lie about their behaviour to others and to themselves, make excuses or whatever, but in the end, Mika & his team remember faces and sometimes names. hopefully they are only hurting themselves in the future and not his attitude towards fans in general :dunno:

i'm still good, he hasn't seen my lovely face yet :fangurl::aah:

Thank you all for so many videos, pics, reports of Wika and Mika:thumb_yello:

I am 100% sure what Christine says many pages back is right. Eventually, Mika will not provide fans with these opportunities if people continue to be "caught up in the moment" and ask and ask and ask for things to be signed/photos/or some other piece of Mika pie. The risk is small for one fan to do it repeatedly, but with many same fans doing it over and over (and they DO remember you), it risks losing this pleasant access for the larger fan base.

I hope he might prepare something for us to tide us over the long Mika-drought we are facing, as someone said he told them (can't find the quotes now) :teehee:

And it was funny to hear him saying he is bored now he is not touring. Welcome to PMD Mika...post Mika depression for Mika, when he reverts back to his usual life:aah: We know it well. Doesn't make it any easier when it hits though, you have just got to keep yourself busy to take your mind off it.:mf_rosetinted:

Report on Grevin Museum website available :thumb_yello:

http://www.grevin.com/mika

Quick & dirty translation:

Inducted by a delicate speech of Beatrice Reyniès, CEO Grévin MIKA inaugurated his wax statue yesterday evening at the famous parisian museum. The evening, presented by the Master of Ceremonies Calixte de Nigremont was placed under the sign of vitality, youth and good humor.

The guests, including a fifty lucky fans were able to see stunning images of his concert at the Parc des Princes. Between emotions and rhythms, the room has ceased to cheer the artist. Surrounded by his relatives, including his mother, his sisters Yasmine and Zuleicka, MIKA discovered on his song "Relax, Take It Easy" and with beautiful lights his incredible wax statue. Touched and amused, he took great pleasure in contemplating his double and describing his feelings about this troubling illusion.

The artist, on his 2010 tour, played along with an innate simplicity. He took his commitment with heart to help at several appointments sculptor Claus VELTE teams and workshops to choose the best elements for the realization of his character.

In phase of writing for his upcoming album, Mika will afford a short holiday in December.

Mika's character wears Christian Louboutin shoes and a colorful outfit adorned with beautiful feathers and necklaces just as significant as each other. Her character is not far from Elton John, George Clooney, Julien Clerc, Monica Bellucci and Michael Jackson.

Mika's Fans and admirers can discover since Tuesday, December 7 his unique and colorful wax statue and, magical moment, take pictures with him.

Grévin thanked his partner Deutz champagne for their loyalty over the past 10 years because thanks to them, those great evenings event sparkle :roftl:

-------------

No video for now :dunno:

:thumb_yello: Good translation, thank you~:huglove:

He probably threw it away now and all. After all the work I put in it :tears::naughty:

But sometimes his old clothes has a tendency to pop up again, like the T-shirt with the bubbles on!

I know how it works, I do the same thing, using a limited bunch of clothes for a while and then when I stumble on an old shirt or sweater I give it a renaissance for a while!:naughty:

You and I, sistah

:roftl:

Being in a teaching line of work for the most of my life this made me really laugh!

the thing is, people can lie about their behaviour to others and to themselves, make excuses or whatever, but in the end, Mika & his team remember faces and sometimes names. hopefully they are only hurting themselves in the future and not his attitude towards fans in general :dunno:

i'm still good, he hasn't seen my lovely face yet :fangurl:

They don't remember me, I'm a total wall-flower!:roftl:

so at least looking at him was not in vain....:mf_rosetinted:

Love it!:naughty:

Thank you all for so many videos, pics, reports of Wika and Mika:thumb_yello:

I am 100% sure what Christine says many pages back is right. Eventually, Mika will not provide fans with these opportunities if people continue to be "caught up in the moment" and ask and ask and ask for things to be signed/photos/or some other piece of Mika pie. The risk is small for one fan to do it repeatedly, but with many same fans doing it over and over (and they DO remember you), it risks losing this pleasant access for the larger fan base.

I hope he might prepare something for us to tide us over the long Mika-drought we are facing, as someone said he told them (can't find the quotes now) :teehee:

And it was funny to hear him saying he is bored now he is not touring. Welcome to PMD Mika...post Mika depression for Mika, when he reverts back to his usual life:aah: We know it well. Doesn't make it any easier when it hits though, you have just got to keep yourself busy to take your mind off it.:mf_rosetinted:

So he is not the only one who is a little bored!:teehee:

Imagine the pressure to have to CREATE a lot of songs for your professional life to continue!:shocked:

And your income.

And your fame.

And your mere existence...:blink:

I have the most possible respect for people with creative occupations!

Edited by sienna

Wika looks ehhmmm... i donno what to say! Im not crazy about it but i have to check it next year and especially 1 detail if possible... :naughty:

first thought he (Mika) looks a lil ill when i saw this one:

610x.jpg

no comments :roftl:

33790_169281649778229_117724714933923_333802_8254162_n.jpg

Nice piece of work! But we can hardly make any Gasmics pics from his wax statue :naughty::roftl:

Imagine the pressure to have to CREATE a lot of songs for your professional life to continue!:shocked:

And your income.

And your fame.

I agree, what an extraordinary pressure. But I was also thinking the other day of the flip side of this and how amazing it must be to make a living basically selling your imagination to others. I mean how many of us express our ideas to no one but friends and family (and maybe a few people on the internet :naughty:) who care but otherwise they go unnoticed by the world. Mika's wild imagination is manifested in his songs and artwork and performances and millions of people love it so much they will buy it. I hope that gives him an amazing feeling of self-worth, because it should.

I agree, what an extraordinary pressure. But I was also thinking the other day of the flip side of this and how amazing it must be to make a living basically selling your imagination to others. I mean how many of us express our ideas to no one but friends and family (and maybe a few people on the internet :naughty:) who care but otherwise they go unnoticed by the world. Mika's wild imagination is manifested in his songs and artwork and performances and millions of people love it so much they will buy it. I hope that gives him an amazing feeling of self-worth, because it should.

that is so true. :wub2:

Yes , PMD depression....i can feel it ....:tears:

Come on think about the fantastic moments you were given at the Grévin and you will cheer up. Focusing on good memories is nice and keeps you going. :wink2:

As for creative jobs, I think the pressure also comes from the fact that some people will always be ready to criticize you whatever you do. It's sad, but human. Criticizing is easier than creating and lots of people don't respect someone else's efforts, especially if they show better skills and greater creativity. Anyway most people involved in creative jobs don't necessarily need success, they only need to create freely. Sometimes success will only allow you to be able to keep on working. Just consider the hours of daily practice that a classical musician need: money allows you to have time to study with fewer worries.

I guess you learn how to cope with pressure, because after all it is part of the creative process. Of course, if you are really talented, you will probably keep creating despite the pressure, but it's true that people who are not particularly strong or resilient may suffer seriously.

And your income.

And your fame.

I've thought about that a lot. From my own perspective, I love writing; poetry, short stories, and have even considered writing a novel. But like Mika has said about his songwriting, I write as a remedy for myself. I don't know if I could reconcile being required to write and create in order to maintain momentum with my career. So I too have major respect for the people who can handle that.

I totally agree. We don't really know what Mika thinks of the pressure of being required to create; if he finds it stressful that the record label has commercial expectations, if he's worried about alienating his existing fanbase, etc. But whatever he did in order to shut all that out and create TBWKTM, he did something so right. He's proved that he can tune out all the noise and just tap into his colourful, wild imagination and create something that resonates with literally millions of people. Sure the fact that he does this for a living adds pressure in terms of being obligated to create, but he gets to create something that goes beyond his sphere of friends and family to impact people around the world. He should be so freakin' proud of that. :wub2:

As for creative jobs, I think the pressure also comes from the fact that some people will always be ready to criticize you whatever you do. It's sad, but human. Criticizing is easier than creating and lots of people don't respect someone else's efforts, especially if they show better skills and greater creativity. Anyway most people involved in creative jobs don't necessarily need success, they only need to create freely. Sometimes success will only allow you to be able to keep on working. Just consider the hours of daily practice that a classical musician need: money allows you to have time to study with fewer worries.

I guess you learn how to cope with pressure, because after all it is part of the creative process. Of course, if you are really talented, you will probably keep creating despite the pressure, but it's true that people who are not particularly strong or resilient may suffer seriously.

I think you're right. In addition to broad commercial expectations I imagine there's also the fear of being criticized. I think it would be interesting to talk to singer-songwriters about how they cope with that. I could be wrong, but I would imagine that taking criticism for a song that you created would be harder to swallow than criticism for a song that someone else wrote and you just lent vocals to. I'm going out on a limb here, but maybe that's part of the reason Mika wanted to write TBWKTM in a studio instead of at home - it affords a sort of detachment to the songs, rather than subjecting himself to criticism over something he created in his bedroom.

Then again, I suspect when it comes to critics Mika is well aware that he will polarize opinions, and that if he's happy with what he's created (and the commercial sales are reasonable), he can just chalk the criticisms up to a difference in taste. I hope so, anyhow. :dunno:

I completely agree!

I'm kind of heading in that direction, because of the school I'm attending. But these careers are also good if you like to travel, you can live practically anywhere, and you tend to love your work. Sometimes you get sick of your own creations, but it's all worth it if you know you love what you're doing. The only thing that makes me kind of nervous is the fact that not many people make much money doing it, and the only reason I'm worried about that it that nowadays, it seems you have to have money to survive. It's kind of daunting, especially when you know there's no certainty with it, and there's no right path to follow for it. School can only get you so far.

And you're selling yourself, your thoughts and ideas. It's kind of personal when someone criticizes your work, and it's easy to get defensive.

Edited by bopsterjazz

I totally agree. We don't really know what Mika thinks of the pressure of being required to create; if he finds it stressful that the record label has commercial expectations, if he's worried about alienating his existing fanbase, etc. But whatever he did in order to shut all that out and create TBWKTM, he did something so right. He's proved that he can tune out all the noise and just tap into his colourful, wild imagination and create something that resonates with literally millions of people. Sure the fact that he does this for a living adds pressure in terms of being obligated to create, but he gets to create something that goes beyond his sphere of friends and family to impact people around the world. He should be so freakin' proud of that. :wub2:

I must be a bit emotional today, but just thinking of all this makes me really proud of him and very happy about his success too :wub2:

I think you're right. In addition to broad commercial expectations I imagine there's also the fear of being criticized. I think it would be interesting to talk to singer-songwriters about how they cope with that. I could be wrong, but I would imagine that taking criticism for a song that you created would be harder to swallow than criticism for a song that someone else wrote and you just lent vocals to. I'm going out on a limb here, but maybe that's part of the reason Mika wanted to write TBWKTM in a studio instead of at home - it affords a sort of detachment to the songs, rather than subjecting himself to criticism over something he created in his bedroom.

Then again, I suspect when it comes to critics Mika is well aware that he will polarize opinions, and that if he's happy with what he's created (and the commercial sales are reasonable), he can just chalk the criticisms up to a difference in taste. I hope so, anyhow. :dunno:

I have never thought about this before, but you can be right, it sounds very sensible. I guess as an artist he needs to protect himself too. And it must be very difficult to balance - to live in the middle of creative life but also keep a distance. For an artist creative work is *work* but it's often also very personal. My English is not good enough to express this, I'm sorry :blush-anim-cl:

Nice piece of work! But we can hardly make any Gasmics pics from his wax statue :naughty::roftl:

hhmmm.... true :blink: Maybe a lil if you like the way he is holding his hat... looks more like he is touching his @ss :naughty: I didnt notise the hat the first time i saw a full body piccie of Wika :naughty:

I hope new songs won´t have so sad lyrics. Because I think that many songs from LICM and TBWKTM are very sad, even when they sound so happy. I kinda don´t like it, cause I think all his songs are like mirror to his feelings, I want him to be happy. It looks like there are many situations in his life that make him sad and I just want to hear something really happy :wink2:

I hope new songs won´t have so sad lyrics. Because I think that many songs from LICM and TBWKTM are very sad, even when they sound so happy. I kinda don´t like it, cause I think all his songs are like mirror to his feelings, I want him to be happy. It looks like there are many situations in his life that make him sad and I just want to hear something really happy :wink2:

+1...

I could be wrong, but I would imagine that taking criticism for a song that you created would be harder to swallow than criticism for a song that someone else wrote and you just lent vocals to. I'm going out on a limb here, but maybe that's part of the reason Mika wanted to write TBWKTM in a studio instead of at home - it affords a sort of detachment to the songs, rather than subjecting himself to criticism over something he created in his bedroom.

I think he simply took a more conscious attitude towards songwriting while he also complained how he could no longer write in his small apartment after the refurbishments. :dunno: Also, he can simply afford to "write" / spend more time in the studio now vs the first album for which not even all the demos were recorded in a proper studio apparently. In my reading he is still very much attached to all the songs he wrote on his own, regardless of the place where they were created.

I think he simply took a more conscious attitude towards songwriting while he also complained how he could no longer write in his small apartment after the refurbishments. :dunno: Also, he can simply afford to "write" / spend more time in the studio now vs the first album for which not even all the demos were recorded in a proper studio apparently. In my reading he is still very much attached to all the songs he wrote on his own, regardless of the place where they were created.

I guess it would be impossible for him not to be attached to all the songs, regardless of the place? Maybe he is doing it just for the routine. He often says how important his daily routines are during his creative work.

I guess it would be impossible for him not to be attached to all the songs, regardless of the place? Maybe he is doing it just for the routine. He often says how important his daily routines are during his creative work.

I wonder if his daily routine bath is part of that...:mf_rosetinted: