The Australian Thread: Party Twenty Two

nico_collard

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh! I am! Not sure what I'm going without this year though. Food of course. But last year I went without food, furniture and talking (the latter two I forgot about a few times :aah:) It may seem a bit extreme but I got some good donations. :thumb_yello: And I was also thinking of starting a Vision generation group at my school. They're groups of teenagers who do ongoing fundraising for World Vision.

WOW. Shot girl! My brother tried no talking + no food last year, he forgot about the talking after half a hour :lmfao:

I've done 40 hours with no food every year since I was 10, but this time i'm putting in proper effort. Me and a friend are going doorknocking, we're doing a carwash, etc.

For all the crazy cat people:

Koshechka_01.gif

Koshechka_03.gif

phil_07.gif

*throws a cat at you*

Hey all,

Sorry I haven't been around much, life has been quite hectic, and I am simply too lazy to type extensively on my iTouch. But I thought I should check in, in case anyone thought I'd died. Ha.

Been working a fair bit, and had a few 8hr shifts last week. My feet weren't impressed. lol

My sister rode Bonza at the Schools dressage and hack day on Friday,and did quite well. Bonza looked stunning, due to my having to wake up at 6 to plait him, put his makeup on and attach his false tail. (Yes, I said false tail. Hacking is all aesthetics, and Bonza has a poor excuse of a tail. lol)

Other than that, how's everyone been?

Pssh miss computer nerd, get off your itouch and use a computer like us old fashioned people :shun:

N'aw, cool to hear about our Bonza Boy! How much longer do you have him? (not to sound insensitive)

Make a tumblr, you slut. Tumblr is so much cooler than anything else, and it's the greatest form of procrastination ever created.

I'm making a poster for crappy VPL class that is due tomorrow, but there is like a freaking cash prize for the best one, and I am sooo going to win that (mine has piglets and ukuleles on it).

What's VPL class? :blink:

She's a regular Mariah.:naughty:

My cat used to do that, and then he'd leap into our outstretched arms. Then one day my dad thought it would be funny to step back and let him fall.

The cat doesn't acknowledge our presence outside of the house anymore.

:lmfao:

Okay, I know it isn't funny but...

No, it is funny! :lmfao::roftl:

Koshechka_01.gif

Koshechka_03.gif

phil_07.gif

Awwwwww!

Hey all,

Sorry I haven't been around much, life has been quite hectic, and I am simply too lazy to type extensively on my iTouch. But I thought I should check in, in case anyone thought I'd died. Ha.

Been working a fair bit, and had a few 8hr shifts last week. My feet weren't impressed. lol

My sister rode Bonza at the Schools dressage and hack day on Friday,and did quite well. Bonza looked stunning, due to my having to wake up at 6 to plait him, put his makeup on and attach his false tail. (Yes, I said false tail. Hacking is all aesthetics, and Bonza has a poor excuse of a tail. lol)

Makeup? :blink:

Pssh miss computer nerd, get off your itouch and use a computer like us old fashioned people :shun:

N'aw, cool to hear about our Bonza Boy! How much longer do you have him? (not to sound insensitive)

But but, the PC is so slooow! Seriously, it makes me so frustrated. It's far too old, has far too little memory and or space, and good luck prying my sisters away from it! Laptop is next on my personal shopping list. =P

As for Bonza, hopefully for a little longer. Holly is riding him whist she trains her new girl, and so I'm happy with that. =]

Yep, makeup. It's to accentuate his markings. Some places Whig should be black are sunbleached. For example, I put it on his muzzle, and up to his knees, on the inside of his ears and lightly over his eyes. I also put white on his sock, since they are usually less than pure white, being so close to the ground. It is quite silly when you think about it, but hacking is all about aesthetics. And the extent we go to is nothing compared to some of the really competitive hackers! We don't often hack, but we always do (or in my case, did) the schools comps. =]

Yep, makeup. It's to accentuate his markings. Some places Whig should be black are sunbleached. For example, I put it on his muzzle, and up to his knees, on the inside of his ears and lightly over his eyes. I also put white on his sock, since they are usually less than pure white, being so close to the ground. It is quite silly when you think about it, but hacking is all about aesthetics. And the extent we go to is nothing compared to some of the really competitive hackers! We don't often hack, but we always do (or in my case, did) the schools comps. =]

Oooooh, okay then... that makes sense!

So I know some of you are big youtube watchers (I hope).

Also some of you have kids, another area I need expertise in.

So hopefully you guys can help me out (education assignment wise again :naughty:)

Okay firstly I need to know what kind of shows kids (any primary school age, though I'll also take highschool) are watching nowadays at home, and what shows/movies they might have watched recently in the classroom (for parents/people with younger siblings)

For others: do any of you have examples of youtube videos which have really stereotypical gender roles to the point of being out there/outrageous/almost ridicilous in how stereotypical/sexist they are? :naughty:

(I'm looking myself but would love suggestions)

Just dropping by to say hi to my new home.

Yup, back in Oz, that's me. Got a new home, new school for kids, new internet (at last...that nearly did my head in)

Melbourne girls, you might need to drop round for a cuppa:thumb_yello:

Yup, back in Oz, that's me. Got a new home, new school for kids, new internet (at last...that nearly did my head in)

Awesome!

So this is permanent??

:yay: Welcome back :bye:

Horse makeup :teehee:

But but, the PC is so slooow! Seriously, it makes me so frustrated. It's far too old, has far too little memory and or space, and good luck prying my sisters away from it! Laptop is next on my personal shopping list. =P

As for Bonza, hopefully for a little longer. Holly is riding him whist she trains her new girl, and so I'm happy with that. =]

I love getting horses ready for shows :teehee: I quite happily get up at 5am.. won't get up at 5am for anything else though :lmfao:

Oooh, I see. Nothing worse then slow, buggy computers :hair: i had to fix my brothers good old laptop ( i say old because its windows XP :lmfao: ) got a bit sick.. i ended up having to strip it all down.. uninstall most of the games, move most of the files onto a external hard drive, run through with defragging and disk cleanup and anti-malaware and a decent antivirus system.. and then explain routine maintenance to him :lmfao:

Ooh, you've moved back to Australia.. permenantly? :shocked:

yay .. Melbourne is the best city (next to Sydney - my home town)... just might catch up next time i'm down that way :thumb_yello:

Koshechka_01.gif

Koshechka_03.gif

phil_07.gif

awwww the black kitty looks like my sister's cat ... Jack ... the Russian blue who sits on my mum's dining table during the day or curled up on my mum or sister's bed lol

So hopefully you guys can help me out (education assignment wise again :naughty:)

Okay firstly I need to know what kind of shows kids (any primary school age, though I'll also take highschool) are watching nowadays at home, and what shows/movies they might have watched recently in the classroom (for parents/people with younger siblings)

For others: do any of you have examples of youtube videos which have really stereotypical gender roles to the point of being out there/outrageous/almost ridicilous in how stereotypical/sexist they are? :naughty:

I shall ask my 10yo sister what she's into for you. =]

Welcome home! =]

I love getting horses ready for shows :teehee: I quite happily get up at 5am.. won't get up at 5am for anything else though :lmfao:

Oooh, I see. Nothing worse then slow, buggy computers :hair: i had to fix my brothers good old laptop ( i say old because its windows XP :lmfao: ) got a bit sick.. i ended up having to strip it all down.. uninstall most of the games, move most of the files onto a external hard drive, run through with defragging and disk cleanup and anti-malaware and a decent antivirus system.. and then explain routine maintenance to him :lmfao:

Yeah, I was up at 6, and was only slightly less than willing because I'd worked 8-5 the day before. Tis quite fun =P

We've got XP on both PC's, and the other is quite functional. But alas, it is father's, and he is scared of viruses. So we aren't allowed to touch it. XP is infinitely better than Vista. When I get my MacBook (and I say when, because I've decided that's what I want), I'll probs install Windows 7 with BootCamp (software that allows one to boot windows (or any other OS) on a mac.) Apparently BootCamp comes with all new Macs. And here I was thinking it was going to cost me a fortune! =P

Hate having to clean up the PCs for them. That and having to clean out the fan. That's not fun either. I usually bump the pins, and have to pull it all apart again to work out what I've bumped. :naughty:

awwww the black kitty looks like my sister's cat ... Jack ... the Russian blue who sits on my mum's dining table during the day or curled up on my mum or sister's bed lol

:teehee: ntaww sounds so cute, it reminds me of my cats used to have :aah:

Koshechka_01.gif

Koshechka_03.gif

phil_07.gif

Naaw! Those are gorgeous! :wub2:

Hey all,

Hey, that sounds like fun! Not the 6am part, but the dressage comp. would be good. Sounds like heaps of work though.

Well at the end of one our science lessons when we had nothing to do our teacher had YouTube on the laptop connected to the projector and was taking requests for good YouTube videos (yeah, she's cool like that :naughty:), and the guys immediately suggested this one-

I guess you could swing it to say its stereotyping genders rather than racial groups if you're desperate for something.

And the fave TV shows in my year (Yr10) are the mytery crime type ones- NCIS, Bones, etc. Closely followed by comedy (Mad TV, Hungry Beast, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother) and of course there is a small portion who obsess over Doctor Who (myself included sometimes :teehee:)

And we recently watched Roman Polanski's 'Macbeth' in English. The blood and gore seemed to be a big crowd pleaser.

Welcome home!

Ooooh, if I make it to Melb I'll have to come visit!

I know about that now!

Bloody hell... my mum's work laptop has pretty much died, so she's thinking of buying one for herself (while she uses my old one), and we got talking about getting 2 new ones for mum's work! :biggrin2: The laptop she has is XP and it is the sh!ttiest thing ever! Can't complain though, it got given to her...

We've got XP on both PC's, and the other is quite functional. But alas, it is father's, and he is scared of viruses. So we aren't allowed to touch it. XP is infinitely better than Vista. When I get my MacBook (and I say when, because I've decided that's what I want), I'll probs install Windows 7 with BootCamp (software that allows one to boot windows (or any other OS) on a mac.) Apparently BootCamp comes with all new Macs. And here I was thinking it was going to cost me a fortune! =P

Hate having to clean up the PCs for them. That and having to clean out the fan. That's not fun either. I usually bump the pins, and have to pull it all apart again to work out what I've bumped. :naughty:

Vista is weird... I have it on my laptop and it's fine, but the Vista machine at mum's work is crap and crashes all the time. The biggest thing with it is it just takes a bit to get used to.

Bootcamp sounds shiny... do you need to have the hard drive partitioned to run two OSs or will it load from the same hard drive?

You obviously need to be more careful with the pins then :teehee: I never have that problem when I open up the computers here or at mum's work...

This will mean nothing to the newbies - but Wendi has posted again (in the Oldlings) :shocked:

:shocked: OMG really? Is she back for good???

I found a pic of Jack and my cat Cleo

Jack:

jack-1.jpg

Cleo:

cleofangs-1.jpg

Awwww, what cute cats!

Archived