The Australian Thread: Party Twenty Two

nico_collard

It's called "fishing". You just keep poking around until you hit a vein. It inevitably ends in tears :aah:

Ouch, when I had my last bub some woman came in to put in my cannula (some nonsense about it being a precaution cause your 5th labour is supposedly more risky)

She stuffed it up twice (I had a huge bruise and even with the pain of birth, the pain from my arm was still shining over the top)

Anyway (getting to the point now) she had to give up and let the dr put it in, because there is a rule that they are only allowed two attempts.

Thank GOD or else she would have mutilated my whole arm!

I am so excited, I am scared to share, but going to do it anyway.... I made myself a website, its a very basic free one, but I have my own domain name. I don't know if I am supposed to post it here, but here it is http://www.sharonpowell.com.au please take a look.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ouch, when I had my last bub some woman came in to put in my cannula (some nonsense about it being a precaution cause your 5th labour is supposedly more risky)

She stuffed it up twice (I had a huge bruise and even with the pain of birth, the pain from my arm was still shining over the top)

Anyway (getting to the point now) she had to give up and let the dr put it in, because there is a rule that they are only allowed two attempts.

I am so excited, I am scared to share, but going to do it anyway.... I made myself a website, its a very basic free one, but I have my own domain name. I don't know if I am supposed to post it here, but here it is http://www.sharonpowell.com.au please take a look.

Oooooooh nice site! You are very talented! you should make some Mika pics :P

Do you sell many artworks? Wish i had that sorta talent :aah:

Its good that you shared it with us :thumb_yello:

lol no, I have not sold anything, all the pics there are of works still in my house right now.

I only decided last week to try to do something with it all. I am trying to spend as much time as I can painting, and will start to put some of them in exhibitions. See what happens.

So I am brand new at it.

Random pic

e200238.jpg

:blush-anim-cl: aww lovelyyyyyyy!!!

:shocked: wow nice art! i love art, maybe ill ask you to draw something for me :teehee: they are so cool :thumb_yello:

Ouch.... she wasn't a vampire was she? :blink: And I like that rule!

Ooooh, you've done a great job! :thumb_yello:

I have a suggestion for how to get the pics of the paintings as part of your website rather than on photobucket, but it can wait...

Cool! Do you want me to make it better than links to photobucket on the holidays? I enjoy an excuse to make a website :thumb_yello:

Oh website making huh - cool. I like it sweet knees, and awesome art work.

I'm trying to decide whether to do my second assignment for my popular culture class as a website (we can do it in pretty much format we want - its a collage of three popular culture influences on our life - so can be a proper collage, a powerpoint, a video, a poster, a website, a concept map etc and can have the word part of the assignment with it or separate) Website would allow me to combine the two probably - but it'd be a lot of work since I haven't made a website before. But if I did website I can add videos and pictures and links etc.

Cool! Do you want me to make it better than links to photobucket on the holidays? I enjoy an excuse to make a website :thumb_yello:

Woah there, settle down, I have a very basic, but better than the existing, website that I was working on. Then I looked at registering domain name and hosting and BOY OH BOY so confusing and expensive.

So the company I am using had a deal where the website is free with the regsitration of the domain name. I can upload my own fancier website, but only if I take on a hosting package which would probably end up being at least $100 each year.

But maybe you can help me. I am workning in the HTML file and I just can't seem to get my button images to change on mouseover. Its driving me nuts.

I'm trying to decide whether to do my second assignment for my popular culture class as a website (we can do it in pretty much format we want - its a collage of three popular culture influences on our life - so can be a proper collage, a powerpoint, a video, a poster, a website, a concept map etc and can have the word part of the assignment with it or separate) Website would allow me to combine the two probably - but it'd be a lot of work since I haven't made a website before. But if I did website I can add videos and pictures and links etc.

A website does allow for many different media... but so does a powerpoint...

Oh and I finally got a response from Chickadee, seems I was trying to send texts to her home phone :blush-anim-cl: and she had no idea who these weird unreadable messages were from.

So she is alive and well, just busy.

Nice one! I've heard from her a bit lately...

A website does allow for many different media... but so does a powerpoint...

Nice one! I've heard from her a bit lately...

Yeah but powerpoints are overdone :naughty: Anyone can do a powerpoint.

I need to think on it some more

Woah there, settle down, I have a very basic, but better than the existing, website that I was working on. Then I looked at registering domain name and hosting and BOY OH BOY so confusing and expensive.

So the company I am using had a deal where the website is free with the regsitration of the domain name. I can upload my own fancier website, but only if I take on a hosting package which would probably end up being at least $100 each year.

But maybe you can help me. I am workning in the HTML file and I just can't seem to get my button images to change on mouseover. Its driving me nuts.

Fine, steal my fun :sneaky2:

Can you use java with your dealio? http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/rollovers.shtml

There's lots of free hosting sites, can you host it on one of those and redirect the domain name?

I handed in my resume at 30 random stores today. Tomorrow I tackle the shopping centres!

Better than doing some work, anyway :wink2:

I'd go for a website, if you think you have time to make it look good and work well.

hey all i thouht i might just pop in to say hii

before i get back to assignments :biggrin2:

Hi/bye :bye:

Oh and I finally got a response from Chickadee, seems I was trying to send texts to her home phone :blush-anim-cl: and she had no idea who these weird unreadable messages were from.

So she is alive and well, just busy.

Nice to hear from absent friends. And any news of Kelzy and HK and Tanya?

I handed in my resume at 30 random stores today. Tomorrow I tackle the shopping centres!

This is for extra money, I assume?

copiadi04867569.jpg

oh wow, YOU ARE RIGHT, this thread is lacking in pictures.

this is a problem which must be remidied.

(shizzz, i can't spell. And oh hai. I haz been lurking.)

i'm at school in media studies :teehee: supposed to be writing a storyboard.. but well.. when is there a better time to mikapicspam?

*glances around to make sure there are no teachers*

aus-53.jpg

normal_2uqfbcg.jpg

MikaSmile-1.jpg

just to pretty up the thread a bit..

aus-53.jpg

normal_2uqfbcg.jpg

MikaSmile-1.jpg

:lmfao: I know it's wrong to judge someone in reality for what happened in a dream but I can't help it. I had a dream last night where Mika acted like a completely arrogant, condescending arse and now I can't seem to look at pictures of him without rolling my eyes.:naughty:

Fine, steal my fun :sneaky2:

Can you use java with your dealio? http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/rollovers.shtml

There's lots of free hosting sites, can you host it on one of those and redirect the domain name?

Thanks, I will try that one, I have tried so many different code combinations every help site I go to they are slightly different, maybe that one will work.

I will let you know.

:lmfao: I know it's wrong to judge someone in reality for what happened in a dream but I can't help it. I had a dream last night where Mika acted like a completely arrogant, condescending arse and now I can't seem to look at pictures of him without rolling my eyes.:naughty:

Oh but I do it all the time, especially when it comes to DH, I wake up in the morning after dreaming he has been an arse and I am so pi55ed off with him. I usually have a go and him and say "do you know what you did to me?" Like he really is to blame for it. (and he probably is because there has to be some IRL trigger to those thoughts)

copiadi04867569.jpg

Oooooooh, pretties! :fangurl: (my colleague made mention of me being on here, better fangurl a bit :teehee:)

i'm at school in media studies :teehee: supposed to be writing a storyboard.. but well.. when is there a better time to mikapicspam?

aus-53.jpg

normal_2uqfbcg.jpg

MikaSmile-1.jpg

Thanks for the picspam... I'm supposed to be getting the new laptops for the year 9s set up, but seeing as they're "downloading updates" I can spare a few minutes :teehee:

I'm supposed to be getting the new laptops for the year 9s set up, but seeing as they're "downloading updates" I can spare a few minutes :teehee:

Laptops at school :shocked: In my day we had to make do with a slate and a piece of chalk :mf_rosetinted:

Laptops at school :shocked: In my day we had to make do with a slate and a piece of chalk :mf_rosetinted:

Yep, the prime minister made some stupid promise that all school kids would have access to a computer before he was voted in, so this is how he's doing it....

in NSW (starting last year), all year 9 kids will be given a laptop. By 2012, all kids from yr 9-12 will have a laptop. They technically don't own them yet, they will own them when they graduate from year 12. What I do is get them rset up for the kids and fix any minor software issues. I can't do anything difficult with them cause they have all sorts of firewalls and locked areas.

Luckily for us, it hasn't had the same controversy as the insulation scheme and the BER/classroom buildings scheme... :teehee:

We were a bit more advanced... we got pencils and paper :mf_rosetinted:

Wow! Nice work.

You're very talented (and organized! 5 kids and painting!! Very impressed)

aus-53.jpg

normal_2uqfbcg.jpg

MikaSmile-1.jpg

:teehee: love them! so cute

lately its been soooo cold at night... gosh my fingers freeze and i hate getting up in the mornings especially when its cold and i have to go out!! :aah:

Archived