Reports/Pics/Videos - Olympia, Dublin, Ireland Feb 15 2010

guylainem123

Vast wel. :biggrin2:

I don't think you mentioned things that are supposed to be a secret.

Now I've read your report, I'd better go to bed. I'll have some sweet dreams :teehee:.

:bye:

I left some stuff out...that I don't think are allowed to put on here.

Hopefully I could be this detailed about it all though.

Goodnight!!xxx

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

. . .

I hate to see people have their moment, then go to the back of the queue again for another turn . . .

This is not an infrequent practice and IMO totally classless

and no way to treat the class performer that MIKA is. :no:

Enjoyed your report: Biekje

Part 1-

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2815296&postcount=479

Part 2-

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2815301&postcount=480

Part 3-

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2815317&postcount=483

You have some great memories that will last forever!

PS:

Did you see these videos?

Edited by A. Clay

19758_346416945927_717570927_5155688_7078256_n.jpg

That is such a lovely picture :thumb_yello:

really?! who did that?! :shocked: that's really not nice.

I agree with you

I noticed that too but I think some people just lose a bit their minds and can't stop themselves..

It's not fair btw

Yep, it was a few people who did it in Dublin, I noticed them too, and they weren't even people who hadn't met him before either. They were seasoned MFC'ers :dunno: I guess that some things are just hard to avoid, but I do wish that people would be a little bit more considerate when it comes to that.

It's difficult to gauge I think. But I just try to bear it in mind that he may be tired. But he's so charismatic, it's hard NOT to wait.

It's hard to resist his charisma, damn right. I've pretty much given up on that :naughty:

Dublin was such a great gig though. He was on fire, and it was amazing :wub2:

Thank you :blush-anim-cl:

Some people told me, you make amazing videos...so...do you have the WHOLE lollipop video?:blush-anim-cl:

:blush-anim-cl:

:teehee:

Well....I have some bad news. I was testing out a new camera in Ireland, and I forgot to read the manual beforehand :doh: so I realised after the gig that I had taken the vids in the wrong format and they are very bad quality :dunno: In any case, I guess that this doesn't really matter in any case, because I didn't record Lollipop either, sorry :blink:.

Oh, and my videos are not that amazing at all, as I never stand still and sing way out of tune, so you're probably better off with someone else like Tiibet or something like that :aah: in general anyway.

I agree with this to an extent, but I also see some exceptions. Now I'm not saying that makes people acting like this fair, but what in life is fair. I've read a good deal of people's arguments about this topic and I feel the need to reply and express my opinion.

I don't know who was doing this BUT ifit was the first time for someone then I do not blame them at all. Especially if that person wasn't very privlidged financially. You have to see it from their perspective. They love Mika as much as the rest of us do and this is their first gig. Theywant to see him and talk to him and have their picture taken with him. And if they aren't wonderfully rich there is a good chance they won't see Mika again for a long while because they prolly can't travel far to see him. And even if he is close again there is no guarentee that they will be able to get there.

I, personally, would and prolly will do the same thing. I've been bouncing between obsession and admiration for this man for 3 years and I've still yet to see him live. I know that when he does come back to Florida I am going to do everything in my power to go see him and I am going to fight my hardest to get some time with him after the show. Even if I have to get back in line. I have no ide if I will ever see him a second time and I've waited more than enough for the first.

And you have to take into account that Mika knows what he's getting himself into. Mika has done meet and greets before and he knows how people are going to act. If he didn't want to come out and meet everyone then he wouldn't. It's his own decision. Andif he doesn't want tobe there long enough for some people to have a second go then he can leave. And I don't want people to start saying that he's ''too nice" to do that because if that is the case then it's Mika's fault forletting it happen. He's a grown man and we needn't make excuses for him. He can take care of himself.

Now, I want to clear up, that this is in no way an attack on you Alice, or anyone else in particular. I'm just stating my opinion and, Alice, your post happened to be the last one of this nature that I read, so I quoted it.

Yep, it was a few people who did it in Dublin, I noticed them too, and they weren't even people who hadn't met him before either. They were seasoned MFC'ers :dunno: I guess that some things are just hard to avoid, but I do wish that people would be a little bit more considerate when it comes to that.

This is what kind of bothers me. MFCer's, or any fans, who've had the chance to meet him before should, imo, stand back a little and let the newbies in. It is, as you said, simply considerate. But, after a gig, and while on such a Mika high, I don't know if much of anyone really has their head on very straight. Especially whilst in the persenceof the man himself.

I agree with this to an extent, but I also see some exceptions. Now I'm not saying that makes people acting like this fair, but what in life is fair. I've read a good deal of people's arguments about this topic and I feel the need to reply and express my opinion.

I don't know who was doing this BUT ifit was the first time for someone then I do not blame them at all. Especially if that person wasn't very privlidged financially. You have to see it from their perspective. They love Mika as much as the rest of us do and this is their first gig. Theywant to see him and talk to him and have their picture taken with him. And if they aren't wonderfully rich there is a good chance they won't see Mika again for a long while because they prolly can't travel far to see him. And even if he is close again there is no guarentee that they will be able to get there.

I, personally, would and prolly will do the same thing. I've been bouncing between obsession and admiration for this man for 3 years and I've still yet to see him live. I know that when he does come back to Florida I am going to do everything in my power to go see him and I am going to fight my hardest to get some time with him after the show. Even if I have to get back in line. I have no ide if I will ever see him a second time and I've waited more than enough for the first.

And you have to take into account that Mika knows what he's getting himself into. Mika has done meet and greets before and he knows how people are going to act. If he didn't want to come out and meet everyone then he wouldn't. It's his own decision. Andif he doesn't want tobe there long enough for some people to have a second go then he can leave. And I don't want people to start saying that he's ''too nice" to do that because if that is the case then it's Mika's fault forletting it happen. He's a grown man and we needn't make excuses for him. He can take care of himself.

Now, I want to clear up, that this is in no way an attack on you Alice, or anyone else in particular. I'm just stating my opinion and, Alice, your post happened to be the last one of this nature that I read, so I quoted it.

This is what kind of bothers me. MFCer's, or any fans, who've had the chance to meet him before should, imo, stand back a little and let the newbies in. It is, as you said, simply considerate. But, after a gig, and while on such a Mika high, I don't know if much of anyone really has their head on very straight. Especially whilst in the persenceof the man himself.

I think what's important is that people don't take the p*ss when it comes to M&Gs. Like you say, he doesn't have to do them, but if people start taking the p*ss and getting greedy then it's going to make them less keen.

And I don't agree that people who have met him before should stand back. Everyone deserves to have a moment if he's doing a M&G because we all love his company as much as the next person.

Basically, my stance on this is equality for all. Nobody deserves anything more than anybody else, at the end of the day. We're all just crazy folk who've turned up to a gig and sometimes we're lucky enough to get a chance to speak to him. We should enjoy what we get and not be greedy. :mf_rosetinted:

Home now, so report time:naughty:

Sunday, 14/02/10.

Spent night in Bristol airport, because I didn't fancy having to get up really early to hike out there. You see odd people in airports!

Like the woman who walked past me so many times, I though she was doing a sponsored relay race or something!:naughty: Not easy trying to get some shuteye, when someones wheely case is rattling past you every 2 minutes!

Anyway that brings me to...

Monday 15/02/10.(Show Day!)

Took off from Bristol 20 minutes late!

School trip of 20 kids on the plane, but because they had to wait for one to turn up, and most of the adults going with them were on board, we had to wait for the little angel to arrive:aah:

So we finally took off and arrived in Dublin at 7.40am!

Got through customs, and met up with Kath, who was waiting for me as her flight was getting in around the same time, and we got the bus into town.

We got to the hostel, and found Ruth and Blue having breakfast, so we waited for them to finish and went to our respective rooms (Kath was sharing with Ruth, I was sharing with Blue). I freshened up, changed clothes and wandered down to the venue, and met with the others.

The Olympia is a great little venue, it has a canopy over the entrance which sheltered us for the day.

Highlights through the day included:

Watching the trucks going in and out of the narrow lane to drop the stage gear.

Hot drinks from the big guy.

Egg fried rice in the Chinese restaurant next door.

Having the most amazing time with Kath, Bianca, Wendy, Ruth, Vicky, Blue, Luke (who's just adorable!),TaurusGirl and Shazza. Haven't laughed so much in ages, you guys are the best!

Mad cameraman flitting around, and having a chat (it was nice chatting with Fluffy again).

Bianca and Vicky, TaurusGirl and Shazza getting picked to be Big Girls and Lollipop Girls. They did a sterling job, we cheered so loud when they came on later.

Crazy women near doors opening, thinking it's okay to just turn up and push into the front of the queue, under the pretext that "it's our first time to see him!"

To which we ALL turned and said, that if they really wanted to see him that badly, take the day off work like us, and queue!

At 7ish, the doors opened, and we got in. Got great spots at the front, in front of Martin and David.

The support act, a lovely singer, who was joking around between songs that he usually has a 50 piece band with him. Can we have him instead of Eric Hassle over here?

The show, well what can I say!

It was WAY beyond my expectations, the use of David at the beginning (I wish I could stay still for that long, I was WELL impressed!), the animated book, I seemed to miss a lot that was happening on stage, I was so mesmerised by it! (must pay attention to stage on Monday!).

Mika has got this show nailed, it's so much more polished than before, lots of things happening, and so many fantastic little nuances, you need to see it more than once to get everything that's happening.

Loved Doctor John, with the feathered coat, and the exaggerated squat dance. I See You, so simple just him and an umbrella, but very poignant how he uses it. Blue Eyes, LOTS of eye contact and that VERY saucy dance he does, makes you forget just about everything!:wub2: Touches You, prowling up and down the stage like a caged lion, VERY hot! WAG, which due to the new intro made me think he as doing an Erasure cover til a certain point, I realised what it actually was! I am so in love with this version. Good Gone Girl, stunning! Rains techno style I liked a lot, being an electro pop fan, BIOTG, he botched up in the first verse, and pulled the funniest face:naughty: but carried the rest off without a hitch, and Toy Boy was just him David and Martin, and it was very effective. He played the old stuff, Any Other World, Grace Kelly and Billy Brown as usual, but Love Today seemed to be kicked up a notch, SITM, the "trumpet" he's started doing the finger movements when "playing" it now, rather than just doing it with his hands covering his mouth. And Lollipop, with the souped up drum intro, is so much better now!

Our girls who went to be BGs and LGs, looked fantastic, following Grey Skelly, with their death masks on. Kudos to them for doing it with alplomb, as it can't be easy when your visions blinkered. And when they came back on at the end, they were amazing dancing around with the heads on.

The funniest thing for me was when Mika got in between them to do the bows, they went down the first time, and when they came up Mika went to give the girl on his right a peck on the cheek, but because her vision was impaired, she must have thought he was going to bow again, so she went down to bow!

Mika quickly bowed with her, but when he came back up the sheepish look on his face as if to say "what a fail!" was priceless!:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Afterwards, we all waited round the back, got told by one security guy that he'd be out in 5 minutes.

Bianca, Vicky and the girls came out, and said it'd be more like an hour, as he was doing an M&G with competition winners.

We lined up as usual, and people got antsy and started coming out of the queue and sneaking along the front. I told a couple of girls not to do it, because that was a certain way of stopping him from coming down the line at all, so they went back to where they came from, but as soon as he came out, the usual cattle market ensued, with poor John telling them to back away, or he'd stop it, and getting totally ignore by two guys with cameraphones! Twice he told them to get back, and they completely blanked him and carried on snapping away, when he got level with me, I asked him if he felt like he was banging his head against the wall,and he looked me in the eye, nodded and and said yes!

I also told John the show was awesome, he replied " I don't know, I didn't see it" and laughed. John rocks!:naughty:

Finally these guys went and Mika made his way down the line chatting and taking pics with people. Ian was with him and I said hi to him, and chatted a little.

Then Mika was about 2 or 3 people away from me, turned to take a picture with someone, and after looked over and said "Hey, RAK" I was pretty stunned by this, Kath commented how it made a change from penguin, and I said " so your reading the forum now then?" he just grinned and signed the set list I was kindly given by one of the crew, to which he said it would change every night. Then, I stupidly did the thing I promised myself I wouldn't do, I mentioned the freaking clogs!

He looked at me and said,"I'm going to smash those freaking clogs over your head!" So I said, "okay I get it, I'm not going to get them" He smiled naughtily and said "maybe", carried on walking along the line, looking at me grinning the whole time:naughty:

I got a wave from Imma when she walked down, but missed Jimmy again. Didn't see David Martin or Cherisse at all.

Before Mika took off, we were waiting on the other side of the van and Andy bounced up with his camera. I told him I saw him up in his little hideyhole filming, to which he said, is being a serious filmmaker this tour. I said we miss him not coming to chat before the show, he just smiled. He asked me what my next show was, and I said Glasgow. He asked why wasn't I going to Sheffield and I explained that I was looking after my friends dog, and he said, bring him along! I told him the dog gets carsick, and I wasn't spending 4 hours in the van with a puking dog! He thought that was funny:naughty:

When they left, we got together and decided to go to the 24 hour McDonalds and get some hot drinks and fries. It was kind of our chill out time where we talked about the show and everything, and it was great chatting to everyone. There was TaurusGirl, Bianca, Shazza, Luke, me, Ruth, Blue, Wendy, Mellody, Tiibet and Tiibets friend who is on here, but I can't remember her name, my apologies:blush-anim-cl:

We then went back to our hostels/hotels for the night.

Part 2 (Brits Day) tomorrow.

Bianca, I lovvved your report! Kind of makes me wish I could have been on for the finale too but in all fairness I was lucky as hell that I didn't fall over and break something during Love Today so it's for the best I wasn't on I think. :naughty: And aaah, love that photo of us in our costumes! :teehee:

thanks everyone for your reports. i really enjoyed reading all of them:wub2:

Then Mika was about 2 or 3 people away from me, turned to take a picture with someone, and after looked over and said "Hey, RAK" I was pretty stunned by this, Kath commented how it made a change from penguin, and I said " so your reading the forum now then?" he just grinned and signed the set list I was kindly given by one of the crew, to which he said it would change every night. Then, I stupidly did the thing I promised myself I wouldn't do, I mentioned the freaking clogs!

He looked at me and said,"I'm going to smash those freaking clogs over your head!" So I said, "okay I get it, I'm not going to get them" He smiled naughtily and said "maybe", carried on walking along the line, looking at me grinning the whole time:naughty:

cant believe he called you RAK:shocked::biggrin2:

love how he said maybe about the clogs and kept grinning at you the whole time:wub2:

Edited by Louiza