Reports/Pics/Videos - Olympia, Dublin, Ireland Feb 15 2010

guylainem123

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:woot_jump: :woot_jump: :woot_jump:

OMG! The concert last night was A M A Z I N G!!!!!!!!!

It was my first Mika concert and WOW! Words can't do it justice! :shocked:

He is unbelieveable live!!!!! Loved every single minute of it!!!

I got to touch his shoulder!!!!!!!!!

I'm very happy for you Nikita! And interesting that it seems no one here noticed your post about it. I'll go to Berlin with my daughter Keti to our first gig ever. I don't know what to expect there, maybe nothing except amazing performance, but I can totally symphatize with you and know how you feel happy.:thumb_yello:

I agree. We shouldn't be greedy, but at the same time I think we all deserve our little moment with him saying hi or thank you or something. I mean every trip is huge effort, it takes days and costs me a lot, and not just money, I mean other things too. And all I want is his show, and that's what I'm waiting for, but if there is a M&G I hope I have an opportunity to say thank you to him.

After he signed my pic I went to the other side of the street and I took a few pics of people who were talking to him. I hope I didn't bother anyone. But Mellody once took a pic when I was talking with Mika, and it's the only pic I have of those situations, and it's a lovely memory. So I thought some of my MFC friends would appreciate a pic too. And yes, some people went to the end of queue again, I guess they were excited and wanted to see more. It's really something that should never happen.

agree with the first part. and about the 2nd, i don't think/hope those who were talking about fans moving along the queue meant us - i don't think it's ok to go to the end of the queue again to have another moment with mika (unless he tells you to, like it was the case with one person in dublin). but to follow mika along the queue to take pix of him, keeping enough distance so not to bother him, the security people, or anyone whose turn it is to meet him, is perfectly ok imo. like you said, some might be happy about those pix - not only if you're in them, i have some fab pix which i'll post for all of you later, and don't think i got in anyone's way by taking them. :wink2: of course it's a totally different thing if people shout at mika to look into their camera, but luckily i saw no one doing that in dublin (think it was the case in berlin at the acoustic tour though. :sneaky2:). there were enough who mobbed him though. :no:

Okey, here is everything I have from Dublin, didn't film everything, it seems to be impossible to me :aah: Maybe someone can update these to the list.

Dr John

Touches You:

Happy Ending:

Lollipop (with the new drumming intro):

The beginning and Rain:

I See You:

Good Gone Girl:

Love Today:

Relax:

We Are Golden:

Omg, my first time seeing us on stage for Love today :aah: Thanks so much for getting this!

I didn't film it, but I hope someone did. It was quite hilarious :teehee: He called Martin David, and Martin was like "hm, okay, you can call me David" :roftl:

Cherisses current name seems to be BamBam. :naughty:

Well I'm home from work now, in the proces of processing my pictures.

Ooooh, no it's great!:wub2:

Brings back that funny feeling in my belly, from Monday night:blush-anim-cl:

I think the quality of your vid isn´t that bad, I like it very much :thumb_yello:

Thanks, and yeah, I know what you mean with the feeling, Rosie :wub2:

I managed to record everything except Toy Boy, I was making pix instead

I'm still uploading my Belfast photos!!! :aah: If anyone wants to swap with me and live in the middle of nowhere with a bad internet conncetion, let me know. :naughty:

I was just reading the comments about the meet and greet Mika did in Dublin and I have to say I'm surprised.

I don't think people realise how special that gig was to some people. If you've never seen Mika before but have waited about 3 years, you will do everything you can to make it a good night.

I've been lucky enough to travel to see Mika before but I still remember how hard it was to wait when others could go whenever they felt like it.

So there were a few fans who had their first gig on Monday, some of them didn't have camera's so I took photos for them. If that is the moving up the queue people are talking about, I can assure you it was not greed. If I didn't do that at least two people would not have had their moments with Mika recorded.

And also, I think all of the fans who queued up all day to see Mika, most who were MFCers were the most respectful. It was the random people who tried to mob him that were the greedy ones in my opinion.

I'm not trying to make a big deal of this, I just don't want people to think there was greedy fans there when it was not like that at all.

OMG!!!

Ordinary Girl: thanks for posting the vid of Lollipop... :floor: proof of Jimmy going down on his knees :teehee:

Blue: THANKS for that picture with Jimmy :wub2:

And Tiibet: OOOOO WOWWWW that March of the Dead video (love today):WOWWWW!!!

:wub2:

Thank you all so so so sosooooo much!!!

A special thank you for Sasha, who send all of her beautiful pictures through email, which has cost ages I think to do! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

Edited by Biekje

Ok, here is my report 

On Sunday I went together with Shady and later on also with Blue (she was on the same plane) to DUBLIN!

I LOVE Dublin and this was a dream coming true, to see MIKA there in my most fav city in the World <3

We arrived at the Dublin airport with 1 hour delay, because the plane was frozen in the Netherlands, they had to put some gel on it, to make the frost go away. Straaaange stuff haha.

So when we arrived at the airport, I immediately rang the hostel to make sure, that the people who were arriving, would know about the delay.

Then we got to the hostel and there already were 2 MFCers…Tauruslady (good to have met you again!!!!!) and another MFCer who I can NOT remember the name from. Sorry girl… :$ loved meeting you too! Lovely people you all are. Seriously!

Outside the hostel we met up with Ruth and…Vicky, I think your name was? *I’m a mess with names…sorryyy!!*

Later on also Blue arrived, as she was staying at another hostel and checked in there first.

We chatted for a while and it was so nice to see familiar faces again and meet other ones.

At about midnight we called it a night and all went to bed. Shady and I had 2 terrible roommates, who complained that we got in, while they were asleep. That’s what happens if you stay in a room for 10 people…geez.

Anyway. We got up on Monday at about 7am. Got some food at the store and got in the queue at about 9:30am. The weather was quite nice, however a bit chilly.

Been chatting to a lot of MFCers and it was awesome! Had such a great time while queueing. Thank you all sooo soooo much.

Before the gig, when I was at home, I read about the search for BG’s and LG’s and I REALLY wanted to do that. However I was with Shady and I couldn’t leave her behind just like that…

So…when I heard about the masks I was like: no, I’m NOT doing it…but still the idea that I could actually beo n stage with Meeks … kept going through my head. I talked to Rose and she said she could help Shady, so that I could go to volunteer for BG.

Somewhere during the day John came to the queue to say hi. I asked him about the masks and YES we would have to wear them. But at that point I was more worried about the NOT seeing the gig, because that was something else I heard and read…but he was certain we could see the show for a fair bit. I know I might have had a bit too many demands, but I was there for a gig…not to be only on stage…and John said to just show up at the stage door and we would see then.

I thought about it after and thought, that I found it a bit too foreward, to just show up at that door, to volunteer…dunno, just dumb me I think. So I said (as people were persuiding me into going through with this), that if John would come up to us all and ask us, while we were in the queue, I would come with him.

And so he did. He showed up, before 6pm and asked if anyone wanted to be BG or LG…so I jumped up and came with him! Was nice to see Tauruslady too, as I met her last year already, so it felt a bit comfortable to have someone there who I met before and share this amazing experience with.

They needed 12 BG’s, but we only had 4. Might have been for the best, as the stage was REALLY small fort hat amount of BG’s.

I forgot to give Shady her ticket for the gig, I had it with me, but just in time she luckily realised and called me back! SORRYYYY for forgetting!!!

:wub2: It was lovely to share it all with you too.

You're whole report is amazing! I feel like I'm back there again. :blush-anim-cl:

My copy of the setlist.

67222079.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1266540155&Signature=erdXAeGARrPAjWO2BRjDYbtZrdc%3D

that pic doesn't show for me... guess it's twitpic? then you can't post the pic, only the link.

anyway, uploaded all my pix now, but too tired to put them on the website as well, will do that tomorrow. for a start, here are a few of them:

dublin11.jpg

dublin18.jpg

dublin26.jpg

dublin28.jpg

dublin33.jpg

dublin37.jpg

dublin38.jpg

dublin38a.jpg

dublin44.jpg

dublin54.jpg