REPORT/PICS/VIDS: MIKA - O2 Academy Newcastle, FEB 24 -2010

guylainem123

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But Christine, it's not people on here that are complaining about MIKA, so telling us not to expect anything is never gonna do any good. Though comforting people who are disappointed does do good, IMO, in keeping these things shorter.

I didn't even know there were random people complaining about Mika when I made my first post so that's not what I'm referring to. I also wasn't aiming it at Laurel. She's not the only one who wasn't happy with this gig and it wasn't all to do with the merchandise.

And I disagree with you about the "comforting". IMO the culture of MFC to create all these expectations and coddle people when they don't get what they want just generates more drama down the line. I've seen such a shift in MFC from the early days in this regard and I don't like it and I don't think it's helping anyone feel better about their experiences. At one time people were happy to go to a gig and ecstatic if he spoke to them afterwards and now so often there are bad vibes surrounding events and anger directed at Mika even though people are getting more from him than anyone in 2007 would ever dare to dream about.

Who was'nt happy with the gig? :blink:

Really .... it was a storming gig , he met everyone afterwards that is the basis for everything else ...

We almost needs a huge checklist of things to happen these days for it to be good .... worrying actually

It was a storming gig, I had a blast. This one was on fire, really:blush-anim-cl:

It was a storming gig, I had a blast. This one was on fire, really:blush-anim-cl:

:shocked: Yeh ....

Come on peeps , we cant throw the towel away and say a gigs yuck if Mika doesnt sign something , we are front row left instead of right , we are 2nd row .. ya know?

Too much ... over analysing in my opinion and its worrying

I didn't even know there were random people complaining about Mika when I made my first post so that's not what I'm referring to. I also wasn't aiming it at Laurel. She's not the only one who wasn't happy with this gig and it wasn't all to do with the merchandise.

And I disagree with you about the "comforting". IMO the culture of MFC to create all these expectations and coddle people when they don't get what they want just generates more drama down the line. I've seen such a shift in MFC from the early days in this regard and I don't like it and I don't think it's helping anyone feel better about their experiences. At one time people were happy to go to a gig and ecstatic if he spoke to them afterwards and now so often there are bad vibes surrounding events and anger directed at Mika even though people are getting more from him than anyone in 2007 would ever dare to dream about.

I only heard of 2 people who wern't entirely happy with things at this gig, 2 upset people....friends.... and friends comfort friends as best they can, (sometimes the comfort is rejected but we still try, its nature really), so its a bit harsh to say we shouldnt comfort our friends when they are upset.

This does NOT mean molly coddle, I think everyone who tried to console these dissapointed upset people tried to point out the reasons and the why's, but when people are upset they don't always HEAR reason until they take stock and think about it.

I would have been VERY dissapointed to read bad vibes on Twitter or anywhere about Mika over these matters because as has been mentioned time and time again, Mika does SO much to please us, sometimes I feel he and TM do TOO much pandering to peoples whims and demands and I find it annoying that he/TM may feel obligated to grant their wishes time and time again.

WE choose to come to see Mika, WE choose to sit in Q's for rediculous amounts of time, WE choose to put ourselves forward to be BG/LPG's (that is one HUUUUGE privilege, so I am of the ilk that they should NOT take up front row, we didnt when I did it and I didnt feel robbed I felt it was fair for those who had Q-ed up longer than I had).

WE choose to buy the merch, he gives so much back to us constantly and I am grateful for every scrap of it, even just a glance in my direction during a gig is a gift.

I hope he never changes treating us well, but I wish the demands and expectations from him would get under control, I fear we may bleed him dry one day and that would be shameful of us.

:shocked: Yeh ....

Come on peeps , we cant throw the towel away and say a gigs yuck if Mika doesnt sign something , we are front row left instead of right , we are 2nd row .. ya know?

Too much ... over analysing in my opinion and its worrying

I thought the signing went well too, despite the suggestion that I need psychiatric help:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Who was'nt happy with the gig? :blink:

Really .... it was a storming gig , he met everyone afterwards that is the basis for everything else ...

We almost needs a huge checklist of things to happen these days for it to be good .... worrying actually

I thought the signing went well too, despite the suggestion that I need psychiatric help:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Agreed one of the best ones, for me cos I acctually SAW the gig (only saw it from the side as a SBG in Glasgow) and missed part of it ..yes THAT part of it lol, so Newcastle was ROCKIN' he performed his heart out.

It never ceases to amaze me when I see and hear him hitting those notes, when I see his body contort as he uses every muscle to sing and give us a night to remember, it fills me with pride and appreciation of his talent :wub2: in the words of Freddie (and this is why he says it so much)

WHAT A GUY WHAT A GUY!!

I only heard of 2 people who wern't entirely happy with things at this gig, 2 upset people....friends.... and friends comfort friends as best they can, (sometimes the comfort is rejected but we still try, its nature really), so its a bit harsh to say we shouldnt comfort our friends when they are upset.

This does NOT mean molly coddle, I think everyone who tried to console these dissapointed upset people tried to point out the reasons and the why's, but when people are upset they don't always HEAR reason until they take stock and think about it.

I would have been VERY dissapointed to read bad vibes on Twitter or anywhere about Mika over these matters because as has been mentioned time and time again, Mika does SO much to please us, sometimes I feel he and TM do TOO much pandering to peoples whims and demands and I find it annoying that he/TM may feel obligated to grant their wishes time and time again.

WE choose to come to see Mika, WE choose to sit in Q's for rediculous amounts of time, WE choose to put ourselves forward to be BG/LPG's (that is one HUUUUGE privilege, so I am of the ilk that they should NOT take up front row, we didnt when I did it and I didnt feel robbed I felt it was fair for those who had Q-ed up longer than I had).

WE choose to buy the merch, he gives so much back to us constantly and I am grateful for every scrap of it, even just a glance in my direction during a gig is a gift.

I hope he never changes treating us well, but I wish the demands and expectations from him would get under control, I fear we may bleed him dry one day and that would be shameful of us.

Totally agree.

Don't see anything wrong with consoling people when they are disappointed, and like Viv says, at the time reason doesn't enter into it when you feel so low. But after a few hours and you think back, you realise it's not so bad and that there must have been a reason for it happening, which I think was the case for Laurel.

Thursday night brought a lot of things into perspective for me, and I don't feel really disappointed about missing him, it happens, mis-communication on our part I think.

It made me fully understand what he does for everyone, and I am eternally grateful for the little things he does do, that he really doesn't have to.

I see disappointment as a perfectly natural human reaction when chance puts someone VERY NEARLY in the right place at the right time, however illogical it might be. I can't see the slightest point in saying "Why are you complaining- some people weren't anywhere near the right place" instead of "aw :huglove: better luck next time."

Many gig report threads are unnpleasent reading these days but I do not think unreasonableness is linked to length of membership. I guess I've been off topic (I hope I haven't made the thread unpleasent- maybe I'm missing my job, which is too encourage managers to think before they inflict systems on people) but I'm hanging round here because I LOVED THE NEWCASTLE GIG and we're a bit thin on reports, pics and vids in here. Though as many people seem to be having a Mika marathon, perhaps that's not surprising

I see disappointment as a perfectly natural human reaction when chance puts someone VERY NEARLY in the right place at the right time, however illogical it might be. I can't see the slightest point in saying "Why are you complaining- some people weren't anywhere near the right place" instead of "aw :huglove: better luck next time."

Many gig report threads are unnpleasent reading these days but I do not think unreasonableness is linked to length of membership. I guess I've been off topic (I hope I haven't made the thread unpleasent- maybe I'm missing my job, which is too encourage managers to think before they inflict systems on people) but I'm hanging round here because I LOVED THE NEWCASTLE GIG and we're a bit thin on reports, pics and vids in here. Though as many people seem to be having a Mika marathon, perhaps that's not surprising

I agree .. but one small it did not happen should not turn it into "bad gig" .. the gig is the gig , everything else is just "noise" and some of it should not be expected as given...

The gig .. is why we all go and that was awesome

My problem with getting pics and vids up, is my camera connection cable, is in storage!:naughty:

So I will hopefully get them on soon:wink2:

Totally agree.

Don't see anything wrong with consoling people when they are disappointed, and like Viv says, at the time reason doesn't enter into it when you feel so low. But after a few hours and you think back, you realise it's not so bad and that there must have been a reason for it happening, which I think was the case for Laurel.

Thursday night brought a lot of things into perspective for me, and I don't feel really disappointed about missing him, it happens, mis-communication on our part I think.

It made me fully understand what he does for everyone, and I am eternally grateful for the little things he does do, that he really doesn't have to.

I dont think there is anything wrong with that either .. as we all did with Laurel .. we did not say .. sod it .. its YOU .. he hates you :roftl: .. we explained and tried to make her feel better ...

I just see ... maybe its me being male , I dont see the details as much .. my overview is a much shorted range ...

Meet great friends , have a blast , meet Mika .. come home

I dont really go past that

What a guy ... :naughty:

You seeeee .... it will stick in your head now!!! I did not say it ONCE at Newcastle , just leeds .. :naughty:

Poor Jazzy .. This is the wayyy you left me .. WHATTA GUY , Im not pretendingggg .. WHATTA GUY ...

...Relax .. WATTA GUY .. take it easyyyy WATTA GUY

:roftl:

Are you on a loop?:floor::floor::floor:

I thought it was one of the most lesurely m&gs I've seen and everyone near me seemed to think he was lovely. And as freddie's already said- during the gig itself people were bouncing wherever they were. The girls next to me were doing little choreographed routines as they sang his songs good and loud. The man behind me said "He's like Henry James up there" :blink::aah::shocked: which is a bit weird unless there are two famous Henry Jameses, but he was patently a dragged along boyfriend. There wasn't nearly as much wandering about and chatting at the back as there was as Leeds.

That's it FD :thumb_yello:

(Although in my case it has been more go to next gig rather than come home :naughty:)

Yes for me I do see an overview .. the note book , meeting him and the band and the signatures just made it :wub2:

You cant get enough signed thingies :wub2:

Yes in your case .. more energy for the next one :aah:

I could get DEEPLY hurt that I was not a big girl / man / thing .. but I just shook it off as not possible rather than .. he hates me:aah:

What a guy ... :naughty:

You seeeee .... it will stick in your head now!!! I did not say it ONCE at Newcastle , just leeds .. :naughty:

Poor Jazzy .. This is the wayyy you left me .. WHATTA GUY , Im not pretendingggg .. WHATTA GUY ...

...Relax .. WATTA GUY .. take it easyyyy WATTA GUY

:roftl:

Wow...:shocked:

If these two react like this :mf_lustslow: wot am i going to do when it comes for MY gig???????:teehee::blink::aah::mf_lustslow: