REPORT/PICS/VIDS: MIKA - O2 Academy Newcastle, FEB 24 -2010

guylainem123

thx for the pics

very interesting... :naughty:

P1020515.jpg

Yeeeeeeah I was looking at him and aiming my camera up. As soon as I saw it I instantly thought of you. :naughty:

And omgggggg still can't get over the exercise book. I love it so much. I just stared at it for three hours on the train to Birmingham yesterday. It was amazing.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and the very beautiful personalised exercise book

DSC00060.jpg

I'm afraid that's it- the photos from inside are all out of focus, I think because the auto-thingy located the screens and not the stage

I posted inside pics of the exercise book in the goldlings on tuesday

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2825309&postcount=3659

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2825318&postcount=3662

Edited by Soaring Simpson

Rose you don't know all the facts (you might think you do but only I know everything) ...so no need to be so condescending.

I didn't get the option of whether I could do it or not that decision was taken away by others. So Nobody knows if I could have done it or not.. being ill or not!!!!

If I appeared to be condescending, I apologise, that wasn't my intention, but knowing what your illness is, and knowing your impending procedure, also the fact that the first thing you are asked when you go forward for this, I didn't think it would be the best thing for you to do.

The thing is, it's not just you to consider, it's the people in front and behind you too.

But if you think it's easy, then that's up to you. If I hadn't tried it myself, I would maybe see certain things differently, having done it, and having a couple of wobbles going up a ramp WITHOUT the head, I certainly would advise anyone who has any problems with walking or balance, not to even attempt it!

DSC00058.jpg

I would like to say that's a nice picture ... but I won't ... cos' I don't lie ... that's me just before I stormed off and burst into tears :yay: not ... Don't worry ... I'm over it now ... but I was upset at the time :aah:

A couple of M&G pics

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

Hey, I recognise the top pic, that's when I was trying to set his puppet up on a date with Sparklys, and he told me I needed help, he's probably not wrong! LOL!!!

Just now I've found this vid of BIOTG on YT, sorry if it's already posted... and his little stop during the phrase 'blame it on your father, but you know he's dead' gives me goosebumps, didn't know it that he was singing this in such a way !

(Happy Ending) Edited by faballa

http://www.whatsonne.co.uk/gb/music/reviews-and-previews/review-mika-o2-academy-newcastle

Review: Mika, O2 Academy, Newcastle

By Nicola Fish, Evening Chronicle

On February 25, 2010

SOLD Out! So the sign screamed, and of course the line that circled around the Academy was proof enough.

With fans lined up aged seven to 70, Mika has a broad appeal and I was about to find out why.

The show began with a curtain falling, revealing the huge screen covered with Mika’s animated cartoons. As an eerie French song screeches to a climax and the cartoons scribble wildly out of control, out bursts Mika starting the show with Rain, which includes the lyrics of ‘I hate days like this’ and which doesn’t seem like an obvious choice.

It’s not, but that’s why it works because one thing Mika is not is predictable.

With crowd pleasers like Big Girls Any Other World, Mika showcased his wide range of depth and emotion and you could tell he believed in every single word he sang.

His conversation with the audience was minimal but it didn’t matter as the songs spoke for themselves.

With limited props (a giant inflatable leg and an umbrella) and no real costume changes, the spotlight was on Mika.

Barely pausing to take a breath, time sped by as he belted out hit after future hit.

In the music industry where style is often chosen over substance, it was refreshing to see someone perform in such a free, unrestrained style.

There was no choreography; everything just seemed to happen organically.

Mika is very much an in the moment performer and does what he wants without alienating the audience. Part of his appeal is the fact he doesn’t take himself too seriously. He openly admits to the audience that he always screws up his part on the piano and that he’s trying to hide that he needs to wipe his nose!

All this meant the audience was like putty in his hands. Even the dreaded ‘I’m going to sing some new songs’ was met with cheers and the audience sang along with every tune. Mika’s care-free attitude was infectious, from the butch man with his wife who knew all the words to ‘Everybody’s going to love today’ to the woman swaying in the completely wrong direction.

Ending with a confetti strewn performance of Golden and an amazing encore of Grace Kelly and Lollipop, the crowd were left wishing this was one party that would never end.

Ohhhh I just read that review in a newspaper in town :thumb_yello:

Spectacular WAS the word ...

During the last few songs I looked behind me and the crowd once again back to front was jumping amazing to see

They are right .. and it makes it very nice.. all ages turn up

The both reviews are amazing!:wub2: Written from the very sincere perspective of someone who is trully into Mika music and art. Thanks God there's still clever critics and reviewers in UK, not only his haters and ignorants.:thumb_yello:

Hes amazing .. I mean I had that album sleeve in my note book and he saw it and said .. do you want that signed too .. I was like :blush-anim-cl: .. ohh I hate asking for too many things and he did that :mf_lustslow:

Awwww, Freddie...:fangurl:...

A couple of M&G pics

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

I'm using these for captions, can i?:wink2:

and the very beautiful personalised exercise book

DSC00060.jpg

I'm afraid that's it- the photos from inside are all out of focus, I think because the auto-thingy located the screens and not the stage

I posted inside pics of the exercise book in the goldlings on tuesday

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2825309&postcount=3659

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2825318&postcount=3662

Thank you so much, that's just amazing...:mf_lustslow:

The both reviews are amazing!:wub2: Written from the very sincere perspective of someone who is trully into Mika music and art. Thanks God there's still clever critics and reviewers in UK, not only his haters and ignorants.:thumb_yello:

Woahhh, Shine, nice talking...:thumb_yello:

I am sure there was a girl with sequins on her face just behind me and i was center front, not 100% cos Ive been to 5 gigs now though.

i might have seen you, it sounds familiar... :blink: on the left side they were red and gold and she had a dress with a big red bow on it... :blink:

I saw a girl with sequins on her face (left part), I think sequins were silver & red. She was right behind me in the after-concert queue, while waiting to see Mika. :teehee:

OH oh oh! were you wearing black and standing by the railing and then you asked her how she put them on? :teehee:

Oooh, that's a great pic, I love the lighting, it's so atmospheric :teehee:

Thanks, it is great isn't it!!

DSCN2199.jpg

another one of drumming ....

Wonka, you are a genius :lmfao: I bow down to you :naughty:

Oh, and to comment on that review, this is something that I noticed since the first show in Belfast. It seems as if Mika has made the band stand back a lot more now, and is taking his center stage position much more than before. He used to be involving the band a lot more earlier on, and now it's a bit like he puts them at the back and only gets them out in the limelight on very few occasions.

Oh yes, but I never said that they don't have fun together, or that they don't get on, or anything like that. They have a great chemistry, and have a good time together, clearly. I just see a difference in the way it's "set up" and thought out, that's all. Even in small stages.

I would be interested to hear if anyone else sees it that way.

Yes i do.

I tohught this very much this time and at one time i even felt he was sort of 'jealous' of attention they received .... something i noticed .... maybe wrong but .......i do think they are much more in the background now .... he forgets most nights to even mention them really ....... that's fine but a change like you say .......

This is the ticket he signed for me:wub2:

His reaction was .. ohh something to forget (or along those line) .. I said No way !! it was a classic gig .. I wanted to gig it to him .. its very very unique .. but he didnt .. so here you go :biggrin2:

DSC01800.jpg[/img]

This was brilliant!!! I am so pleased .... he was in good chat that night too again ....

A couple of M&G pics

DSC00059.jpg

Thank you....my side ..Mika's back!!!:teehee:

never realised so many security guys there either!!

Hey, I recognise the top pic, that's when I was trying to set his puppet up on a date with Sparklys, and he told me I needed help, he's probably not wrong! LOL!!!

:teehee:

He was funny that night i think ....

Yes i do.

I tohught this very much this time and at one time i even felt he was sort of 'jealous' of attention they received .... something i noticed .... maybe wrong but .......i do think they are much more in the background now .... he forgets most nights to even mention them really ....... that's fine but a change like you say .......

Jealous? what makes you say that? :teehee:

I also noticed the band was very much removed from the front of the stage because it was very different from the North American tour. Funny how it's virtually the same set musically but this tour has a completely different vibe. If I didn't "know" the band already I wouldn't have noticed them at all and in fact I had to make a conscious effort to look at Jimmy and iMMa a couple of times because Mika was just THERE the whole time. His performances are so compelling this time I almost never looked at anything or anyone else.

Jealous? what makes you say that? :teehee:

I also noticed the band was very much removed from the front of the stage because it was very different from the North American tour. Funny how it's virtually the same set musically but this tour has a completely different vibe. If I didn't "know" the band already I wouldn't have noticed them at all and in fact I had to make a conscious effort to look at Jimmy and iMMa a couple of times because Mika was just THERE the whole time. His performances are so compelling this time I almost never looked at anything or anyone else.

I can't remember why now, but I remember thinking it too (which isn't much help, I guess, sorry)

I can't remember why now, but I remember thinking it too (which isn't much help, I guess, sorry)

Could it be the fact that he's always sticking his middle finger up, calling them a$$holes or introducing them with the wrong name? :roftl: