REPORT/PICS/VIDS: MIKA - O2 Academy Newcastle, FEB 24 -2010

guylainem123

yeah found it hanging around my daughters bedroom, it demanmded I smuggle it into a Mika gig, it doubled up as a very warm scarf, had to keep tucking it's leg back in my jacket though as it kept trying to escape :naughty:

:lmfao: i saw you! :lmao:

in my mind i just went AWESOME! :naughty:

i have a blue and purple one :teehee:

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could I just say I only enjoyed Glasgow more for one reason ... :biggrin2:

EYE CONTACT ... EYE CONTACT .... EYE CONTACT ... That's it and well apart from it being my first gig of this tour and I'd not watched many videos of it ... :wub2:

Mika does not give a bad show ... Newcastle wasn't a bad show ... he's an utterly brilliant performer .... What happened after happened ... and I don't even care about it anymore .... I lost a friend of mine on Friday morning ... I've known her my entire life ... she died very suddenly ... so whinging about what he does or does not sign after a gig ... is meaningless ... life's too short ... I go to gigs .... I'm not expecting anything else anymore .... if it happens - it's a bonus ... least I'm bloody alive to enjoy things like London tomorrow ... that's what's important ... can we drop this subject now ... I'm a fan ... and I love him to bits ... end of story :wub2:

Aw Laurel, I'm so sorry to hear that hun. Hopefully the gig tomorrow will help take your mind off it a little bit. *hugs*

What a guy ... :naughty:

You seeeee .... it will stick in your head now!!! I did not say it ONCE at Newcastle , just leeds .. :naughty:

Poor Jazzy .. This is the wayyy you left me .. WHATTA GUY , Im not pretendingggg .. WHATTA GUY ...

...Relax .. WATTA GUY .. take it easyyyy WATTA GUY

:roftl:

LOOOOOOL.

"Good evening Leeds!!"

"Whatta guy!"

"Are there any big girls in the house tonight?"

"Whatta guy!"

Bless you, fan boying all over him.

:naughty: It did not bother me ONE bit getting changed with the ladies

If Mika wasnt so damned MIKA and looked at me .. with THOSEEE eyes , I so meant to ask him

:roftl:

knew you were lying when you were trying to convince us that you didn't fancy him in Leeds !!! :)

Awwww I am mega mega fangirly , I just get SO wrapped up in the MFC world .. thats all :wub2:

Not many men can make me loose my breath , to him I am like gulp hiiiiii:mf_lustslow:

He puts me off my balance , in my head I wanted to say .. I WANT TO BE A BIG GIRL DAMN YOU .. in fact I said .. hiiiiiiiiii :blush-anim-cl:

AWWWWWWW!!! You fanboyed!!!

and the very beautiful personalised exercise book

DSC00060.jpg

I'm afraid that's it- the photos from inside are all out of focus, I think because the auto-thingy located the screens and not the stage

I posted inside pics of the exercise book in the goldlings on tuesday

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2825309&postcount=3659

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2825318&postcount=3662

OMG I want one! They look awesome!!!

But if you think it's easy, then that's up to you. If I hadn't tried it myself, I would maybe see certain things differently, having done it, and having a couple of wobbles going up a ramp WITHOUT the head, I certainly would advise anyone who has any problems with walking or balance, not to even attempt it!

Hmmmm.. maybe I should work on my balance if I wanna be a big girl again...

DSCN2149.jpg

Da queue!!!!

DSCN2152.jpg

giant silver lollipop cannon!!!:teehee:

Awwww, love the pics!

Here is my report.

Arrived at Newcastle with Mikafish, Sparkly and FD, and went to the venue where at the time no one was at, but we found out later that Laurel and Vicky had been there already, but gone to the Travelodge to take Vickys bags there.

We then went on a hunt for something, that I've wanted to give to Mika for a while but couldn't track down. Went to a couple of shops, but again struck out (later searched around online and FINALLY found one, and now, fingers crossed, should have it in time for Bristol). Not saying what it is yet, but it's something that meant a lot to me as a kid, and I'm sure he will like it, as he's talked a lot about the subject recently.

We then went back to the venue, got numbers sorted out, and then took turns in having lunch breaks, and then about 4, some of us went for some refreshments, and then came back to Q for the rest of the afternoon.

It was the most chilled out Q I've ever been in, had a great afternoon.

John came out at 4 to take the volunteer BGs and LGs in, I'm not sure there were any MFCers in there, though I think the girl behind us in the Q was, but I could be wrong.

You all know the story with Daisy, so I won't repeat it again, it was a shame she wasn't picked, and perhaps she shouldn't have been invited in the first place, but there were H/S reasons for the decision, I'm sure it wasn't a dig or anything personal. I say this from the perspective of being a H/S officer where I worked for 10 years, and it kind of stuck with me.

We got let in about 7pm, and got fairly good spots at the front. Didn't bring the flag, after the debacle at Glasgow, didn't want to go through that again!

Eric Hassle is really growing on me now!

His songs are quite catchy, and he has a cute drummer too:naughty:

He seemed to be giving Jazzy a LOT of eye contact:wink2::naughty:

We were getting a real exciting buzz between the sets, and when the lights went down the place almost exploded!!!

When David came on to do his bit with the book, everyone was going mental!

I love Newcastle, the atmosphere is always electric, and Wednesday didn't disappoint!

Mika fed off this and performed his backside off, he was outstanding!

A fair bit of eye contact to the whole front row during the night, and we complimented his puppet, really feel the need to get him a little chair to sit it on! Sparkly bought hers along but he didn't seem to see it during the performance, more later:naughty:

I was watching the BGs and LGs both times, as wanted to get a feel for doing it in Birmingham, so got the gist of it. It kind of helped, having an idea of what to do, but you aren't really prepared for it when you get there, but more of that in the Birmingham report.

I would like to say at this point, that every night Mika seems to be getting more and more confident and expressive with the performances. I think the crowds help, as he has great energy to feed off, but in himself, he seems to be finding his feet. It's fantastic to see.

After we lined up down the wall at the back, a far cry from 2 years ago, when it was just 20 people waiting outside.

He made his way down to us, we waited at the end, and I asked him if his puppet wanted a date with Sparklys puppet, to which he replied "You need help!" He walked a few steps, looked back and said, "and that's something coming from me" and grinned.

I like our little chats:roftl::roftl::roftl:

He then finished signing went to the car and said goodbye, and we waved and shouted goodbye back.

We then walked up to meet the band coming out, Imma and Jimmy first. I introduced myself to Imma and she said hello with a big smile, Jimmy pointed and said "Rose" and gave me a big hug. Jimmy rocks!

We chatted briefly, I thought he had done the rock pose I had requested that day and he said if he had, it wasn't intentional, Mika wouldn't like it:naughty:

(It was Mark King of Level 42, he plays with his guitar against his chest and slaps the strings with his thumb, funk style)

I then moved on to Cherisse, got the legendary super hug, and a little chat. I asked where Martin was, and she said he was there a minute ago, he'd gone for a walk. Then I asked was it my imagination, or was the 'Fro getting bigger? To which she replied yes, a bit:naughty:

I asked Imma what happened to hers, and she said she's not wearing it anymore.

I then moved on to David, shook his hand and said hi, he said hi back. I felt a bit stupid, as I couldn't actually think of anything to say to him:naughty:

They then went off, and that was about it really.

We went back to the hotel Sparkly and chilled out with hot chocolate and late night snacks. Perfect end to the perfect day:thumb_yello:

I LOVE your report Rose!

oh sorry one more thing!!

I've been to quite a lot of gigs in my time and esp recently and i can tell you, (as we all know!) what Mika does is not the rule for most bands or artists .... but the exception .. i know we all know ...just saying again ..on a roll!:aah:

I've seen some really poor fan treatment by other artists ...

one i;ll mention was The Kooks at Edinburgh Corn Change where basically there were only 3 fans waiting who wanted an autograph on their ticket ....

I'd asked one of the support guys from Palladium ( Fez, anyone remember!?)if he could ask for them... as the band had seen them but just ignored the fans and walked past ...

He did go and ask them and even so they refused and went in to the bus!:shocked: Fez came back to say sorry he'd tried but they weren't his friends really .......poor show i felt esp in comparison to our boy!

However other artists have been nice like The Feeling but i think it would take a long long way to beat MiKa!!!!

I saw the Kooks in Sydney last year and they were great with us... there were heaps of people lined up and they were happy to sign stuff for people, even though they had to get to the airport and fly to Melb... maybe it was just that night...

Who was'nt happy with the gig? :blink:

Really .... it was a storming gig , he met everyone afterwards that is the basis for everything else ...

We almost needs a huge checklist of things to happen these days for it to be good .... worrying actually

I bet it was!! I'd love to be there, if only to se you fanboy Mika! You need to save up some money and come to Oz for our tour (when we get it!)

Oooh, and you haven't done a proper gig report! :sneaky2:

WE choose to come to see Mika, WE choose to sit in Q's for rediculous amounts of time, WE choose to put ourselves forward to be BG/LPG's (that is one HUUUUGE privilege, so I am of the ilk that they should NOT take up front row, we didnt when I did it and I didnt feel robbed I felt it was fair for those who had Q-ed up longer than I had).

WE choose to buy the merch, he gives so much back to us constantly and I am grateful for every scrap of it, even just a glance in my direction during a gig is a gift.

I hope he never changes treating us well, but I wish the demands and expectations from him would get under control, I fear we may bleed him dry one day and that would be shameful of us.

I totally agree with you on all of that...

Yes for me I do see an overview .. the note book , meeting him and the band and the signatures just made it :wub2:

I could get DEEPLY hurt that I was not a big girl / man / thing .. but I just shook it off as not possible rather than .. he hates me:aah:

Awwww, what did you think of the band??

And that's just plain rude! You so should be a male big girl :teehee:

I'm too busy planning my NEXT gig to upload my pix yet but I WILL.

Though I CAN tell you that after the gig and Mika had gone, David came out, and appologized cos he couldnt stop looking at me at the gigs, he said it's cos I remind him so much of his mum, :teehee: I said "what a batty old biddy" :naughty: and he said "NOOO you look soo much like her only 20 years younger and more beautiful" :blush-anim-cl:

haha I think he was worried I would be offended that he thought I might be old enough to be his mum...BUT I AM old enough to be his mum lol, so wasn't offened at all, he's a good looking guy after all lol. (I can acctually see what he means though looking at the pic Daisy took of us, he looks more like my offspring than my OWN offspring do :roftl:).

(That made up for Mika giving my puppet dodgy looks from the stage lol).

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! How adorable and sweet is David??????

That sort of thing makes me wanna huggle him!

I honestly think people DO forget this. The culture of MFC and their repeated interaction with Mika makes them forget what it was like before they met him for the first time. (I'm not talking about Laurel here as I've brought this up many times before and sorry to say I'll be bringing it up again when I see the need. :teehee:)

Yeah sometimes we all do and expect so much from him now ...far more than i ever expected after 2007 .... the first time for me ....

I remember a lot of chat about how it would never be the same again but the week I've just experienced and the interaction I've had with him has been nothing short of phenomenal really .......

I still think we all need a bit of comfort sometimes tho and a bit of a reality chat to help and I'll say it when needed too:teehee:

The M and G was probably the best one Ive been to .. and you know .. there was no barriers

Agree .....

Agree it was fab and our group at the end which he obviously felt comfortable with got some really lovely interaction ..........:biggrin2:

Yes for me I do see an overview .. the note book , meeting him and the band and the signatures just made it :wub2:

You cant get enough signed things :wub2:

Yes in your case .. more energy for the next one :aah:

I could get DEEPLY hurt that I was not a big girl / man / thing .. but I just shook it off as not possible rather than .. he hates me:aah:

Big girl man thing ...... grrrrr:blush-anim-cl:

Could I just say I only enjoyed Glasgow more for one reason ... :biggrin2:

EYE CONTACT ... EYE CONTACT .... EYE CONTACT ... That's it and well apart from it being my first gig of this tour and I'd not watched many videos of it ...

Mika does not give a bad show ... Newcastle wasn't a bad show ... he's an utterly brilliant performer .... What happened after happened ... and I don't even care about it anymore .... I lost a friend of mine on Friday morning ... I've known her my entire life ... she died very suddenly ... so whinging about what he does or does not sign after a gig ... is meaningless ... life's too short ... I go to gigs .... I'm not expecting anything else anymore .... if it happens - it's a bonus ... least I'm bloody alive to enjoy things like London tomorrow ... that's what's important ... can we drop this subject now ... I'm a fan ... and I love him to bits ... end of story :wub2:

Sorry Laurel ..... hugs :huglove:

ps wish i was in London NOW!!!!!!!:teehee:

Noticed most of my videos aren't on the front page either

Have uploaded these ones so far

Big Girl

Blame It On The Girls

Any Other World

Blue Eyes

Touches You

I See You

Doctor John

Love Today

We Are Golden

Will upload the last of them tomorrow .... Toyboy and Lollipop :)

Just watched your Dr John video Laurel ....i'd forgotten what a great smile we got at the sad face .... about 1:10 mins :wub2:

also can hear us all in the background and Rose laughing a lot!!

What a great atmosphere that night too!!!

Just watched your Dr John video Laurel ....i'd forgotten what a great smile we got at the sad face .... about 1:10 mins :wub2:

Yup twas!

Rose's laughter is catching :naughty:

Dr John especially with that coat is one song the grew and grew on me:wub2:

I know :wub2: I love love love that bit ... we all going awwwwwwwwwww and he couldn't keep it up ... I love his theatrics during Doctor John :fangurl:

:aah:

I wanna see him again ... Amsterdam ... not long till Amsterdam :boing:

What does he do to me :lmfao:

I know :wub2: I love love love that bit ... we all going awwwwwwwwwww and he couldn't keep it up ... I love his theatrics during Doctor John :fangurl:

:aah:

I wanna see him again ... Amsterdam ... not long till Amsterdam :boing:

What does he do to me :lmfao:

Your coming to dammy too? I had no idea

Your coming to dammy too? I had no idea

I am indeed ... Kath's ticket that she couldn't use - It's the first time I'll have been abroad ... well I went to Miami once ... but I was with 9 others so just followed them ... I don't remember much :lmfao: But certainly never travelled on my own :boing:

I am indeed ... Kath's ticket that she couldn't use - It's the first time I'll have been abroad ... well I went to Miami once ... but I was with 9 others so just followed them ... I don't remember much :lmfao: But certainly never travelled on my own :boing:

First time! amazing :biggrin2:

What a great one to pick :thumb_yello:

Such an adventure , flying and all that goes with it

<loving the newcastle version of Dr John>:wub2:

First time! amazing :biggrin2:

What a great one to pick :thumb_yello:

Such an adventure , flying and all that goes with it

<loving the newcastle version of Dr John>:wub2:

Sorry it's not more ... I always come back home and berate myself for not filming whole songs or at least more stuff ... but it's hard ... cos' I just want to watch him .... :aah:

Was a fantastic gig .. Will definitely go to Newcastle again ... really liked it :boing:

Sorry it's not more ... I always come back home and berate myself for not filming whole songs or at least more stuff ... but it's hard ... cos' I just want to watch him .... :aah:

Was a fantastic gig .. Will definitely go to Newcastle again ... really liked it :boing:

Awwww pleased you liked it :wub2:

Its got a nice vibe that place , 3rd album may be much bigger as in venues but I love the 02 carling venues , something really special about them