REPORT/PICS/VIDS: MIKA - O2 Academy Newcastle, FEB 24 -2010

guylainem123

:no: he's british- we think those are male bonding type signs of great affection :aah:

That's what I thought when he introduced Martin as David Whitmey. But then he seemed really mortified afterwards and called himself a tw*t so I don't think it was a joke. :teehee:

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK ... Time for a report then

I left Glasgow at 11.30am ... got into Newcastle at 3.30pm ... took a taxi to the hotel ... I did plan on going out this evening ... to look around ... find the venue so I'd know where to head the next day etc etc etc ... but I ended up just staying in my room ... uploading stuff about Glasgow ... talking nonsense ... and before I knew it - it was time to head for bed .... I stayed up watching Deju Vu that night ... seen it before but really enjoyed it again .... Wednesday morning .... I paid for one of those all you can eat breakfasts for £7.50 ... Then headed back upstairs .... chatted to Vicky via text as she was staying with me for this second night ... as she wasn't here yet I thought I'd go and find the venue ... as I was getting ansy being on my own ... so I arrived at the venue at about 11.30am ... stayed outside for abit before I realised I was the queue ... noone else about ... so I went and sat in Burger King (right across the road) and had a coke ... Vicky text again that she was here (she'd arrived at the station which was just in the next road across) so she walked to the Burger King and then we walked back to the hotel so she could get rid of her case ... With that done we headed back to the venue again ... when we were making our way there we saw Rose, Freddie and Mikafish ahead of us ... so we caught up with them and walked back ... Viv was already at the venue as wanted to get her ticket I think ... So once there ... Rose went off to find a book for Mika (Fail) and then Vicky, Freddie and Myself went off to find a pub (Win) we found a nice Weatherspoons and made our way upstairs ... to be eventually joined by Rose - we sat in there for awhile revealing interesting stories ... one interesting one was how and why Freddie collects so much Mika rare releases and how he got into his music in the first place. Actually queuing this day was so nice ... we pretty much took it in turns until about 4.00pm to go on drink/food breaks - once 4.00pm hit and we knew the barriers were being set up we pretty much stayed in the queue from that point. Met some nice people when we first arrived ... we convinced a girl and her mum to go try out as Big Girls ... told them what it was all about and if John came out about 4.00pm and they wanted to do it to yell him and go for it ... we were on our last pub break when he came out ... but they did go ... good for them ... but I think in the end only the daughter did it ... There was a really nice steward there from the time we got back from the pub ... he pretty much decided that from the point when he came out - that those in the queue already would be first to go in ... that was a relief ... it's always a fingernail biting time until you're in - cos' your never too sure what's gonna happen. Queue got larger ... people were milling around the doors like they always do - stewards came out and said they were going to let the Priority Queue in first .. and then us all together ... and then thankfully the nice steward who'd been there earlier came out and changed that back to the original plan ... Eddie .. I think his name was :bow: to you sir ... you were amazing ... Doors opened ... and .... oh .. hang on ... I'm not in the front row ... bugger ... how did that happen ... only saving grace to this was I was behind Rose ... small people .... I like small people ... I don't like drunk shouty pushy ones (woman) who are attending their first Mika gig ... who also for some bizarre reason ... when in the second row ... decide that they can out and go to the toilet and get back safely without risky injury to the people she was shoving to get back to her place ... the fact she did this about 15 mins before Mika came out I found slightly amusing ... the ones behind us having panic attacks and fainting due to the pushing might not have done ... :aah: I wish some people would think. Actually once Mika was on she wasn't that bad ... which was slightly odd ... cos' I was worried she'd be worse ... maybe he struck her dumb .... :yay:

I'm ahead of myself ... I enjoyed Erik more this night then Glasgow ... But again ... I don't really want to talk about Erik do I :wink2:

I'm ahead of myself ... I enjoyed Erik more this night then Glasgow ... But again ... I don't really want to talk about Erik do I :wink2:

Why not? Erik's lovely! :aah:

Which reminds me, have you got that pic of us with him Vicky?

Jealous? what makes you say that? :teehee:

I also noticed the band was very much removed from the front of the stage because it was very different from the North American tour. Funny how it's virtually the same set musically but this tour has a completely different vibe. If I didn't "know" the band already I wouldn't have noticed them at all and in fact I had to make a conscious effort to look at Jimmy and iMMa a couple of times because Mika was just THERE the whole time. His performances are so compelling this time I almost never looked at anything or anyone else.

Yes agree!!:teehee:

Could it be the fact that he's always sticking his middle finger up, calling them a$$holes or introducing them with the wrong name? :roftl:

He's been quite rude this tour really !!!:sneaky2:

Why not? Erik's lovely! :aah:

Which reminds me, have you got that pic of us with him Vicky?

oh yeah .... sory will go check now!!!:wink2:

Aw thanks for taking that picture of me, Viv and David. It's dead lovely. You've got some good ones there. :thumb_yello:

I have to say firstly ... I enjoyed Mika more in Glasgow then in Newcastle ... sorry Freddie ... don't hit me ... I know it's your home gig ... but I just thought it was ... maybe my postition in the front row right in front of Mika might have added to this opinion ... but ... god ... he is amazing ... I could just spend my nights going to different Mika gigs ... oh ... but I am at the moment ... I don't think I could keep up with him though .... I don't really know what to add that I didn't put in the Glasgow thread ... I just feel honoured to see him when he's on top of his game ... I just love his shows to bits and it always makes me want more and leaves me on such a high ... or it did up until this night ... I was on a high ... I was buzzing .. I was able to take videos this time .... took tons ... didn't get as much eye contact ... but not to bothered about that - went off to buy some merch ... couldn't get a personalised notebook thing ... bought a totebag and a plain notebook for £18.00. Won't bother mentioning the Meet and Greet ... went back to the hotel and set my alarm for 5.00am ... bus would leave Newcastle for Birmingham at 6.30am but strangely ... I wasn't that up for it and kind of wishing I could just go home ... :aah:

I have to say firstly ... I enjoyed Mika more in Glasgow then in Newcastle ... sorry Freddie ... don't hit me ... I know it's your home gig ... but I just thought it was ... maybe my postition in the front row right in front of Mika might have added to this opinion ... but ... god ... he is amazing ... I could just spend my nights going to different Mika gigs ... oh ... but I am at the moment ... I don't think I could keep up with him though .... I don't really know what to add that I didn't put in the Glasgow thread ... I just feel honoured to see him when he's on top of his game ... I just love his shows to bits and it always makes me want more and leaves me on such a high ... or it did up until this night ... I was on a high ... I was buzzing .. I was able to take videos this time .... took tons ... didn't get as much eye contact ... but not to bothered about that - went off to buy some merch ... couldn't get a personalised notebook thing ... bought a totebag and a plain notebook for £18.00. Won't bother mentioning the Meet and Greet ... went back to the hotel and set my alarm for 5.00am ... bus would leave Newcastle for Birmingham at 6.30am but strangely ... I wasn't that up for it and kind of wishing I could just go home ... :aah:

My home gig too :thumb_yello: Best in the whole world

aww Laurel ... i know you had a bad thing with the notebook signing and it was odd but you mustn't feel it was personal or anything like that ....we all have these moments and it is like this when you go to so many gigs in a row that sometimes things don't go as well as you want ... i just watched the Glasgow mandg video which i will be ever thankful to you for recording as it captures him laughing with me ...he also says to you .." how you doing" i notice :wub2:

fan life is the ruff with the smooth but i really hope sunday tops it all for you and you and the other girls get to meet him properly xxx:wub2:

aww Laurel ... i know you had a bad thing with the notebook signing and it was odd but you mustn't feel it was personal or anything like that ....we all have these moments and it is like this when you go to so many gigs in a row that sometimes things don't go as well as you want ... i just watched the Glasgow mandg video which i will be ever thankful to you for recording as it captures him laughing with me ...he also says to you .." how you doing" i notice :wub2:

fan life is the ruff with the smooth but i really hope sunday tops it all for you and you and the other girls get to meet him properly xxx:wub2:

Don't worry ... I'm ok now ... I didn't want to mention the Meet and Greet thing cos' I did take it badly and I am ok now with it ... but I thought it fair to say I wasn't all happy bunnies and nice colourful flowers for once ... It never lasts long ... it lasted until the excitement for the next gig kicked in ... which wasn't long ... I do take things personally ... it's a problem I have ... but that's down to the bullying ... but :aah: I'll work on that :teehee:

Awww Laurel , everyone has different experiences , just as it was my home town doesnt mean I expect everyone to enjoy it more than any other :biggrin2:

I loved it , cant wait for round 2 :thumb_yello:

:teehee: I know ... I was teasing you .... I did feel the bouncy floor ... especially during Love Today and WAG ..... :aah: