Mika's new "kick-ass" single

LilStar

Well I'm thinking if it was really Tarantino it wouldn't be a kids' TV theme song - or at the very least it would be one that I've heard of. :teehee:

But I haven't seen the movie so I really don't know if they've succeeded or not. I've read some good reviews from preview audiences though. I guess we'll see.

I really hate all this comic book stuff but at least this looks a bit different. And I've heard some comparisons to Snatch which is one of my favourite movies.

Can't wait for Nono's report.

Yes, Nono'll put us out of our misery. Or into it

I think the movie'll either be really good or miss horribly. But if it's a good song that won't matter. You must be just too young to have overdosed on the banana splits- they were HUGE. But I guess the target audience won't know that

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Nono'll put us out of our misery. Or into it

I think the movie'll either be really good or miss horribly. But if it's a good song that won't matter. You must be just too young to have overdosed on the banana splits- they were HUGE. But I guess the target audience won't know that

It actually started when I was a baby so I suspect it never went into syndication that was broadcast later in Canada or I would have known about it. I was hyper aware of pop culture even when I was 5 or 6. (Unlike now where, if it's not happening in Mikaworld it's not happening in my world :naughty:)

Just watched the trailer and I'm horrified! :shocked: It's not that I can't stand watching violence in movies...after all it's just a movie...but this one is outrageous!!! It's like "Kill Bill" for kids. :huh: Why the heck did Mika agree to make a song for this movie? I mean I understand there are a lot of decisions made by other people than him...but you know...he will promote this movie through his song and he has many children as fans who will go to the movies to see "Kick-ass". :blink:

On the other side...it kinda seems the Mika-movie...:naughty: the darkness and spookyness mixed with the sweetness of a child...it is just TOO much though with all that blood splashed around the trailer...and this is just a trailer...what about the rest of the movie? can you imagine...:huh:

PS and it is the n'th bad movie Nicholas Cage plays in...what a shame!

Surely he wouldn't say yes to having a song of his attached to a movie if he didn't approve of it.

The gore doesn't bother me, but the use of the C word kinda does. But anyone could say that word and it would bother me. I'm still gonna see it.

And I doubt cinemas would allow children unaccompanied into this movie. If parents take their children to it thinking it would be appropriate, then they're fools. The name alone would be enough for me not to take my niece, even though she likes comics and stuff...

I think it depends on how cartoony the violence comes accross as being- after all, if you're gonna take Tom and Jerry seriously, that's way more violent than this trailer, and people just stand up again after being thrown off a cliff/steamrollered etc. But this seems to have a very human, realistic hero to reinforce the positive loser-saves-the-world message- which could make the violence excessive.

Or Wil E Coyote and roadrunner.. that's pretty violent.

From what it looks like, it's fairly violent, but I don't think it's gonna have the kind of blood and guts that a horror movie would have.

I'm seeing it tomorrow, so I shall give you a report :naughty:

Yays!

Why are so many shocked by this trailer? Hmm maybe I'm just used to this all, growing up with Pokemon and stuff. And see, I came out pretty well:naughty:

I'm not particularly shocked by the violence. I remember watching Conan the Destroyer and Conan the Barbarian when I was 5 :teehee: I grew up on gratuitous violence, so it takes a lot for me to be grossed out by blood and guts.

Though, as I said before, I can't stand people saying the C word, but I will tolerate it to see the movie.

Well it's only got a 15 Certificate in the UK, so it can't be that violent- though apparently the language tends to be worse in 15s than 18 rated movies (I don't really notice "bad" language, so I wouldn't know)

18's are mainly for:

- nudity

- gore and violence

- horror/psychological

18's are mainly for:

- nudity

- gore and violence

- horror/psychological

Yeah- the language in 1Ss is exaggerated to make up for it- but the cert suggests Kick Ass isn't particularly disturbingly violent :thumb_yello: (which is just as well, as I tend not to like 18s :teehee:) Does mean the cinema will be full of revolting infants though.

No Abu Dhabi premier though- all our hopes rest on Nono

Yeah- the language in 1Ss is exaggerated to make up for it- but the cert suggests Kick Ass isn't particularly disturbingly violent :thumb_yello: (which is just as well, as I tend not to like 18s :teehee:) Does mean the cinema will be full of revolting infants though.

No Abu Dhabi premier though- all our hopes rest on Nono

It means 12 year old kids trying to be 15 and then telling me I can phone their mum even though I've told them countless times that I need PHOTOGRAPHIC I.D. and that their mum isn't I.D. because a) she could be lying and b) it might not be their mum.

-_- Ai yai yai. Honestly. And then they laugh at me when I tell them it's against the law to see an underrage film.

:offtopic: Droopsy, how did you do the photos in your siggy in black and white with the coloured corsets? It's really eyecatching?

Oh wow! That smilie scared me for a second LOL:roftl:

Well, I used photoshop. I duplicated the original image, then saturated that duplicate (made it black and white). Then I added a layer-mask to it and erased the parts where the corsets/flashy color would be :) That way those parts of the original image get visible = in color :thumb_yello:

Oh wow! That smilie scared me for a second LOL:roftl:

Well, I used photoshop. I duplicated the original image, then saturated that duplicate (made it black and white). Then I added a layer-mask to it and erased the parts where the corsets/flashy color would be :) That way those parts of the original image get visible = in color :thumb_yello:

You make it sound so simple :roftl:

But it's lovely, and very effective.

(and the smiley was telling ME off!)

Okay, okay, I'm home. As stated on twitter, I'm not allowed to mention anything about the movie until it's released, though I don't think anyone cares. :teehee:

Mika's song is the last one in the end credits. It starts off with the chorus that goes something like "We are young. We are strong. We're not looking for where we belong." and then there's a piano bit before the verse. The verses sound like a mixture between the little rap in "Rain" mixed with the pre-chorus of "Touches You". It has that same kind of whisper singing. He does a lot of interesting things with his voice in the song, which I really liked. I don't care for the synth that much...just sounds like some "everyday" song...not the Mika sound we know and love. But as mentioned on twitter as well, it's still stuck in my head and I will for sure buy it :wink2:

Edited by Fmbm

Okay, okay, I'm home. As stated on twitter, I'm not allowed to mention anything about the movie until it's released, though I don't think anyone cares. :teehee:

Mika's song is the last one in the end credits. It starts off with the chorus that goes something like "We are young. We are strong. We're not looking for somewhere to belong." and then there's a piano bit before the verse. The verses sound like a mixture between the little rap in "Rain" mixed with the pre-chorus of "Touches You". It has that same kind of whisper singing. He does a lot of interesting things with his voice in the song, which I really liked. I don't care for the synth that much...just sounds like some "everyday" song...not the Mika sound we know and love. But as mentioned on twitter as well, it's still stuck in my head and I will for sure buy it :wink2:

Awww, can't wait to hear it now!

It's out in a couple of weeks isn't it?

Wonder if it'll get some radio play soon?

Mika's song is the last one in the end credits. It starts off with the chorus that goes something like "We are young. We are strong. We're not looking for somewhere to belong." and then there's a piano bit before the verse. The verses sound like a mixture between the little rap in "Rain" mixed with the pre-chorus of "Touches You". It has that same kind of whisper singing. He does a lot of interesting things with his voice in the song, which I really liked. I don't care for the synth that much...just sounds like some "everyday" song...not the Mika sound we know and love. But as mentioned on twitter as well, it's still stuck in my head and I will for sure buy it :wink2:

Wait.. how do you know this? :teehee:

:lmfao:

Have I missed something?

Thanks, Nono! "Whisper singing". Nice. :naughty:

omg that sounds FAB! :woot_jump: i love that talking bit in rain! :wub2: and every bit in touches you. :teehee: