Mika at Kick Ass Premiere, London - 22/3/2010

Miro

Yeah in that video - he is always looking around (i noticed he does tha in interviews a LOT and it pisses me off when people look over my shoulder for "someone better" when I'm talking to them) and what is with the beginning when he is like turning his back to the interviewer guy!? :lmfao:

Maybe he really doesn't like interviews? Or he's looking for a better offer? Or he hates giving eye contact? Or he realised that he said something nasty about the interviewer and is embarrassed? Or... :dunno:

Who knows?

Yeah in that video - he is always looking around (i noticed he does tha in interviews a LOT and it pisses me off when people look over my shoulder for "someone better" when I'm talking to them) and what is with the beginning when he is like turning his back to the interviewer guy!? :lmfao:

Yes, I noticed that too. But my theory is that he his looking back to check for somebody. Maybe he was only checking if the guy with the umbrella was still there to protect him from the rain?

I just have to ask, isn't his way way of saying muuuvie(movie) very, very English?:naughty:

Actually I dont think movvvieeee is an English terms so much , movie I would say is very American and film is more uk .. i would say Im going to see a film although the word "movie" has come across here more

Its his accent I think as well , very Mika not so much English

:roftl: How do Americans say it? :aah:

I don't know...you tell me!:wink2:

Actually I dont think movvvieeee is an English terms so much , movie I would say is very American and film is more uk .. i would say Im going to see a film although the word "movie" has come across here more

Aw!:wub2:

I think most American people say it with a more open o-sound though!:wink2:

I don't know...you tell me!:wink2:

Aw!:wub2:

I think most American people say it with a more open o-sound though!:wink2:

Yes I think your right mooooooovieeeeeee .. yes rings a bells from my time in usa

Yeah the "u" sound he's whipping out in "movie" is far more common in British English than in North America. I believe it's the same linguistic trait that would make his pronunciation of tube sound like "tyoob" compared to my "tooob."

In fact, if I'm not mistaken the absence of that "u" sound is actually a new development in American and British English called "yod dropping."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phonological_history_of_English_consonant_clusters#Yod-dropping

</nerdiness>

Yes I think your right mooooooovieeeeeee .. yes rings a bells from my time in usa

Yeah the "u" sound he's whipping out in "movie" is far more common in British English than in North America. I believe it's the same linguistic trait that would make his pronunciation of tube sound like "tyoob" compared to my "tooob."

In fact, if I'm not mistaken the absence of that "u" sound is actually a new development in American and British English called "yod dropping."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phonological_history_of_English_consonant_clusters#Yod-dropping

</nerdiness>

From one language nerd to the others...THANK YOU!:biggrin2::wub2:

• 9 months later...

:aah:

People from the NE or Ireland and older people are more likely to say film most others especially in the SE do say movie.

Did I say I was on this red carpet as well with hotdlp, lollipop_monkey and sariflor? I did?:aah::aah::aah:

Edited by babspanky

Did I say I was on this red carpet as well with hotdlp, lollipop_monkey and sariflor? I did?:aah::aah::aah:

Best moment evar. :aah: Do you know how many cool points that gets me back here in Nowheresville, Canada? "Yeah, I got to walk the red carpet at the exclusive European premiere at Leicester Square, in London." :shun::roftl:

Strangely, as I post this Toastie is watching Kick Ass. Spooooky! :shocked:

People from the NE or Ireland and older people are more likely to say film most others especially in the SE do say movie.

Yeah, the only place where I've heard people say 'film' is in Ireland, actually, never here :dunno:

ach hrm ....... and jemmalee and sarahlou:aah:

EPIC :mf_lustslow:

And you forgot to mention you chatting the Boyzone chap up. The one that we kept running into :lmfao: That was hilarious!

First at the airport in Belfast, then at the premiere, and then when he was leaving the premiere :roftl:

Best moment evar. :aah: Do you know how many cool points that gets me back here in Nowheresville, Canada? "Yeah, I got to walk the red carpet at the exclusive European premiere at Leicester Square, in London." :shun::roftl:

Well, I think that we were super cool, even if the paps didn't take pictures of us when we were walking on that carpet :sneaky2: