REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: Mika @ Gasometer, Vienna, Austria - March 29 2010

Droopsy

until what time will it be up?

Lol, have not decided :roftl: I just don't want to keep it there for a long time, because people will leave comments telling me how bad the sound is. Yes, I'm aware of it :aah:

Are you interested in seeing it?? A shirtless WAG without music :teehee:

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a-ha. It makes sense. I think he only does unexpected things with people on stage if he knows what reaction to expect from them...

You think? :teehee:

Yep, it's a shame. It was working with OMS and Toy Boy, because there is no bass :blink: You can't listen to other vids without muting. I'm so angry to myself because I wasted money for that camera, I should have done some resurch before buying. I'll take the wag vid down tomorrow, so go and see it now if you are interested it :roftl:

This is sounding like the exact same nightmare that I had with the one I got last summer and had to sell again. I tried it for the first time at the Berlin acoustic gig, and the only video that I could actually put on YT was Over My Shoulder. The rest were horrid, for the reason that you mention. It's such a shame.

Out of interest, which model is this one?

It's Power Shot G11, and I bought it because a friend of mine (who knows a lot about cameras) believed it would be as good as my old model (G7) but it's a total nightmare.

Yep, it's a shame. It was working with OMS and Toy Boy, because there is no bass :blink: You can't listen to other vids without muting. I'm so angry to myself because I wasted money for that camera, I should have done some resurch before buying. I'll take the wag vid down tomorrow, so go and see it now if you are interested it :roftl:

There's not so much info about the sound quality at gigs. I was searching for that earlier and most info was about reflex camera's.

until what time will it be up?

:lmfao: Download it asap.

You think? :teehee:

This is sounding like the exact same nightmare that I had with the one I got last summer and had to sell again. I tried it for the first time at the Berlin acoustic gig, and the only video that I could actually put on YT was Over My Shoulder. The rest were horrid, for the reason that you mention. It's such a shame.

But the one you've got now is good. :thumb_yello:

It's Power Shot G11, and I bought it because a friend of mine (who knows a lot about cameras) believed it would be as good as my old model (G7) but it's a total nightmare.

A G11? That's one of the models I had on my wishlist. :blink:

Neither am I. So you already saw it and i can take it down? :mf_rosetinted:

not sure now...I need to sleep over it....:teehee:

:floor:

I shamelessly admit that I've already downloaded the vid. :aah:

:shocked:

some people just download anything.. :shun:

I know that this doesn't help you now, but in my experience, unless they use the cameras for gigs, nobody knows enough about how good the sound is. A camera that seems to have ok sound for 'general' purposes, may turn disastrous at a gig.

My old Canon had perfect sound, and I had to research a LOT (and buy two that were wrong, and I had to resell) before I got my latest one, the same Lumix TZ7 that Mana also got.

It's one of the few HD cams with proper sound (dolby stereo), and it even has a wide angle lens and 10x optical zoom that allows zooming whilst filming. It's a dream :wub2:.

But the one you've got now is good. :thumb_yello:

It took a lot of blood and tears to find it :aah:

Sara, can I ask how much it was?

Of course you can, I don't mind :naughty:. I paid 200 pounds (or maybe 205 or something like that) on an Ebay shop for it. I kept my eyes on them for a while and monitored the shop, and it looked legit and had good reviews, so I bought it off them. I don't regret it. The camera was brand new and perfect, and everything was good. AND it's the cheapest camera I bought (all my other Canons were much more)

Result :roftl:

Of course you can, I don't mind :naughty:. I paid 200 pounds (or maybe 205 or something like that) on an Ebay shop for it. I kept my eyes on them for a while and monitored the shop, and it looked legit and had good reviews, so I bought it off them. I don't regret it. The camera was brand new and perfect, and everything was good. AND it's the cheapest camera I bought (all my other Canons were much more)

Result :roftl:

Oh jeez, I think my one was just under £100 :aah: I'd love a professional one like Jennie's, but according to Zsina the venue wouldn't let her take it in because she didn't have a photographer's license or something stupid?! For realz :aah:

Oh jeez, I think my one was just under £100 :aah: I'd love a professional one like Jennie's, but according to Zsina the venue wouldn't let her take it in because she didn't have a photographer's license or something stupid?! For realz :aah:

That's a rule at nearly every venue in the world though...if you take a professional camera in they assume you'll be using it for professional purposes...in which case you'd be paid for the photos you take, so unless you have a licence, you won't be allowed. Also, press photographers are only allowed to take pictures for the first three songs of the show, so if you're in the crowd with a professional camera, you'll be taking pictures throughout, which goes against the general rules of it all.

And I am another person with a Lumix. I got a TZ3, which is a little out of date now but works like a dream. Would quite like one where I could zoom in and out whilst videoing, but tbh, until this one packs in, I'm gonna stick with it. I've had it for over two years now and never had a single problem with it. I had a Sony Cybershot before and it broke after about 8 months. LAME.

IMy old Canon had perfect sound, and I had to research a LOT (and buy two that were wrong, and I had to resell) before I got my latest one, the same Lumix TZ7 that Mana also got.

My last Canon was the same - nice vids but crappy sound.

Here's what this Panasonic is capable of (watch it in HD). I LOVE this camera. :wub2:

And I am another person with a Lumix. I got a TZ3, which is a little out of date now but works like a dream. Would quite like one where I could zoom in and out whilst videoing, but tbh, until this one packs in, I'm gonna stick with it. I've had it for over two years now and never had a single problem with it. I had a Sony Cybershot before and it broke after about 8 months. LAME.

Yeah, they are generaly great little things. I had the TZ5 before, and it was fantastic, but the sound wasn't that great, and I learnt my lesson after taking vids at the Killers gig :sneaky2:. I was SO annoyed!

Here's what this Panasonic is capable of (watch it in HD). I LOVE this camera. :wub2:

Shamelessly plugging our vids, are we wombat? :lmfao:

That video is SO superbly :wub2::fangurl: . Amazing. Oslo was really really REALLY good, both gigwise, Mika moodwise, and after-gig-meetingwise :blush-anim-cl:

OHHHHHHHHH MY JEEZ. :swoon:

PS: What were you, Sara and Danika laughing at round about the 45sec mark? :aah:

EDIT: OMG HE LOOKS AT YOUR CAMERA AT 2:25!!

Edited by CazGirl

PS: What were you, Sara and Danika laughing at round about the 45sec mark? :aah:

I can't remember now, but he pulls a funny face so he must have done something :naughty:. Did he get the lyrics wrong or something?

Shamelessly plugging our vids, are we wombat? :lmfao:

That video is SO superbly :wub2::fangurl: . Amazing. Oslo was really really REALLY good, both gigwise, Mika moodwise, and after-gig-meetingwise :blush-anim-cl:

Of course. Not gonna lie, man, that video is amazing. :roftl:

I KNOW!!!! :swoon:

He glances over quickly before that, but then at 2:25 there's, like, a proper beat of Mika eye. Caught on camera. I mean really, how can one NOT fangurl over that? :wub2:

And the audio quality is great, if I do say so myself. :wub2:

(Sorry, Vienna gig-goers! We'll chat further about cameras in the Oslo thread). :teehee:

Edited by lollipop_monkey