Travel plans to Euro gigs.

RAK1

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wouldn't fly either atm, even if i could. but i don't think it's the airlines who made that decision, but some other authorities. they always say "the air space is closed", like it's the case in certain areas when they fear terroristic attacks - so that would be someone else than the airlines deciding. :dunno:

what i heard was that those closures were based on only one study, and the critics say there should've been more studies and tests, something like that. about those airlines making test flights and nothing happened, well, i don't know, maybe they were just lucky that there wasn't that much ash in the area where they were flying? :dunno:

it surely makes a difference how concentrated the ash is in the air, like, if you fly directly over a volcano or very close to it, it'd be much worse than 1000km away. but maybe they can't say for sure how big the concentration is or will be at any given point in a certain area, and that's why they prefer to stop all the flights. :dunno:

btw, some experts said in the news that the ash isn't a problem for propeller-driven-aircrafts... so maybe mika should just get one of those for all his travels:

biplane%20concorde.jpg

:naughty:

S&V is salt and vinegar. Crisps= UK=talking to bab. Chips is what I would say myself. Oh how I missed them. And oh how sick I feel tonight after eating too many of them. Better get to bed, but I keep finding too many funny things on MFC like that plane photo, mellody.:aah:

And I don't have any more slightly wonderful choc bab, must invest in more of that in June.:wink2: But for now, the thought of that on top of too many S&Vs....:puking:

:lmfao::lmao:I'd be quite pissed off if I ended up in a plane crash due to lax security restrictions and profit reasons.

Ha! You two are welcome to get in the air if you can!

Do you really think the airlines would just be happy to lose millions and millions of £ and E if they really thought there were no problems at all?

There is certainly enough risk for them to ground planes and put up test flights and take hours and hours to examine the test planes.

That's good enough for me.

* Makes toast and tea and puts up feet.

Excuse me? :blink:

Where did I write that they should have let planes fly? :sneaky2:

I'm sick and tired of people misinterpreting my words and jumping on me whenever I post. It just happened a few days ago. It's rude!

I'm not a stupid person. I've always been even too wise and sensible and I'm a not a baby. So please, stop replying implying that I'm an illiterate moron.

I just reported what was said on the Italian news at midday, because the situation is getting really crazy!

So please, stop replying implying that I'm an illiterate moron.

What did anyone say to you to imply that you were an illiterate moron? That sounds like your own interpretation based on the fact that other people misunderstood what you were trying to communicate.

If someone misunderstood you, all you have to do is clarify. What is the problem? :blink:

I'm sick and tired of people misinterpreting my words and jumping on me whenever I post. It just happened a few days ago. It's rude!

I'm not a stupid person. I've always been even too wise and sensible and I'm a not a baby. So please, stop replying implying that I'm an illiterate moron.

I just reported what was said on the Italian news at midday, because the situation is getting really crazy!

Excused! :lmfao:

I consider my wrist well and truly slapped for my transgression.

Although I don't consider that I replied implying you are an illiterate moron or that I have replied much to you in the past at all, so you can rest fairly safe that you won't have to suffer again from this quarter.

I just thought that by using these smilies:

:sneaky2::bash:

to complete this sentence:

They are now flying just to try if it's really dangerous, but apparently there are no problems at all.

implied that you're not of the opinion that implementing the safety measures in question (as in closed airports/ no flights) are appropriate. It even looked to me as if you thought it's all a bit exaggerated. And yes, indeed it made me think that you'd prefer that they should have let planes fly.

My apologies if you just wanted to express that the Italian press said that there were test flights with the outcome of there being no danger at all and that they considered that was ":sneaky2: :bash:" worthy.

Because in that case I really misinterpreted.

Which doesn't change the fact that I'd be pissed of to find out that I will end up in a plane crash that was avoidable.

I was involved in the one from the other day.

Just because I had a difference of opinion doesn't mean anyone including myself was implying that you are or were an illiterate moron.

Exaggerating, even an implication, isn't really helping this situation you say you don't like.

Also when I offered an apology you didn't accept it.

Maybe you should be a little more gracious & a little more careful when you post controversial info & thoughts.

I will stop now as there are a few more things I could say because of your posts - but it is a beautiful sunny Sunday morning here & this is so unnecessary.

What did anyone say to you to imply that you were an illiterate moron? That sounds like your own interpretation based on the fact that other people misunderstood what you were trying to communicate.

If someone misunderstood you, all you have to do is clarify. What is the problem? :blink:

This is your own interpretation.

I was involved in the one from the other day.

Just because I had a difference of opinion doesn't mean anyone including myself was implying that you are or were an illiterate moron.

Exaggerating, even an implication, isn't really helping this situation you say you don't like.

Also when I offered an apology you didn't accept it.

Maybe you should be a little more gracious & a little more careful when you post controversial info & thoughts.

I will stop now as there are a few more things I could say because of your posts - but it is a beautiful sunny Sunday morning here & this is so unnecessary.

It's weird that I've always been misunderstood and mocked by the same members so far on this forum.

I'm sure all the people reading will be able to judge using their own brain cells.

It's weird that I've always been misunderstood and mocked by the same members so far on this forum.

I'm sure all the people reading will be able to judge using their own brain cells.

More drama!

So what exactly was it that was said to imply you were an illiterate moron? I don't think you can blame everyone reading this thread for not understanding what you actually meant. We're not illiterate morons either.

I don't know if there's a cultural clash here or what Laura but I am often mystified how you can draw the conclusions you do based on the same words I am reading. In any case I don't think it calls for so much defensiveness. It's just a message board and we're having what I consider very civilized discussions.

If someone misunderstands what you say all you need to do is clarify. :dunno:

Reading Lauras post, she was only reporting what she heard on the news!

She never even said anything about gigs!

Why is everyone jumping all over her?

Reading Lauras post, she was only reporting what she heard on the news!

She never even said anything about gigs!

Why is everyone jumping all over her?

Rose, that's your perception. I thought we were just putting our views forward.

And I thought the subject was done with?.

If you would like me to continue it further to defend myself I can and will drag this out.

Rose, that's your perception. I thought we were just putting our views forward.

And I thought the subject was done with?.

If you would like me to continue it further to defend myself I can and will drag this out.

I've only just got here, and from the posts before mine, it didn't look like it was done with.

I can't see that there's anything wrong with anyone being frustrated by the situation, I'm sure a lot of people are, this is why I set this thread up to find alternative means around it.

So why don't we get our heads together and do just that, instead of getting into pointless, counterproductive arguements, that aren't solving the problem of people getting to where they want to go.

I've only just got here, and from the posts before mine, it didn't look like it was done with.

I can't see that there's anything wrong with anyone being frustrated by the situation, I'm sure a lot of people are, this is why I set this thread up to find alternative means around it.

So why don't we get our heads together and do just that, instead of getting into pointless, counterproductive arguements, that aren't solving the problem of people getting to where they want to go.

Did someone die and make you a mod?

we can conzentrate and try to take teletransport to a perfect state :thumb_yello:

*snaps* and she's there!

You know, that was what I was thinking yesterday. If only I could say: Beam me up Scotty (and then be beamed to Barcelona).

Archived