Travel plans to Euro gigs.

RAK1

Laura, I just noticed the text under your avi, don't worry, Mika is a boobless pianist too and he got pretty far with it :naughty:.

Thanks, that's very sweet of you. :huglove:

But my mum forgot to make me a package! :sneaky2:

:mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just heard on the radio that london airports will be open at 8 pm today.

pls check

It's all a few days too late :sneaky2:. But it's a good thing that things are progressing. Hopefully things will not take weeks or months (that's what the guy at Schiphol airport told us).

seems the airport will be ri-closed again till tomorrow morning at 8 AM in Italy....but nobody really understands what's happenning :boxed:

It's confirmed, no flights in northern italy till tomorrow h 8am.

they got an update from the authorities AFTER they decided to open our air space. so some planes took off, but now they are stopped again.

Will you be able to get to Milan without flying?

yes, thank Good I just need a train to reach Milan :mf_rosetinted:

But there will be also a train strike on 22 evening :sneaky2:

I'll leave MIlan in the morning so I should be ok!

Thank you hun :huglove:

Airspace closed:

Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Switzerland, UK

Partial closures:

Italy (northern airspace closed until Monday)

Norway (most airports open)

Bulgaria (Sofia and Plovdiv open)

Poland (several airports, including Warsaw, open)

Sweden (northern airports open)

France (southern airports open)

Flights operating:

Greece, Lithuania, Portugal, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine, Spain

*bumps*

so what's the point if NOONE doing anything about it? :sneaky2:

OPEN THE DAMN AIRPORT! I have to get to the gig!!! :crybaby:

Well airspace is gradually opening up but they have to be careful. They don't want to risk 300 lives or all the money they would be sued for by the families if something does go wrong, and they're not to keen on getting their planes damaged, but it's just one of those 'wait and see' things.

And I got a text from BA. My flight is officially cancelled. Sad times.

But on the brightside, CALIFORNIAAAAAAAAA. CALIFORNIA HERE WE COME, RIGHT BACK WHERE WE STARTED FROM. CALIFORNIAAAAAA. :roftl:

Well airspace is gradually opening up but they have to be careful. They don't want to risk 300 lives or all the money they would be sued for by the families if something does go wrong, and they're not to keen on getting their planes damaged, but it's just one of those 'wait and see' things.

And I got a text from BA. My flight is officially cancelled. Sad times.

But on the brightside, CALIFORNIAAAAAAAAA. CALIFORNIA HERE WE COME, RIGHT BACK WHERE WE STARTED FROM. CALIFORNIAAAAAA. :roftl:

Oh dear! :sad:

OMG this is so frustrating and annoying. I feel like my head's gonna pop like this any minute now :blowup: and I have some serious stomach aches...I can't take this anymore!! :crybaby:

Oh dear! :sad:

OMG this is so frustrating and annoying. I feel like my head's gonna pop like this any minute now :blowup: and I have some serious stomach aches...I can't take this anymore!! :crybaby:

Just try to stay chilled out. What will happen will happen, and hopefully it will have all cleared up by the time you need to travel, but if not, then unfortunately you'll have to miss out on Paris. If it does come to that, just think about the next gig, when Mika is coming to your HOME TOWN! That's gonna be amazing, and an extra bonus - no flying!!!

Just try to stay chilled out. What will happen will happen, and hopefully it will have all cleared up by the time you need to travel, but if not, then unfortunately you'll have to miss out on Paris. If it does come to that, just think about the next gig, when Mika is coming to your HOME TOWN! That's gonna be amazing, and an extra bonus - no flying!!!

There are some problems now for us...financially speaking as the airlines don't want to refund. :boxed: that's A LOT of money for us...plus there is the hotel near Bercy that we've booked as flexi- which means that they're not refunding either and it was pretty damn expensive. :boxed: the tirp was already expensive enough for us and we've really questioned over the first months if it's really worth it, but now it's even worse..we wouldn't like to see that we've just thrown some money out the window...PLUS the gig tix.

Mum says that whatever happens it'll be for the best and we'll be fine.

If it happens to not go: at least we'll be alive trying to recover our wasted money.

If it happens to go...we won't be able to let go of the constant idea of: what happens next? What if the goddam volcano errupts again? :huh:

It is a real nightmare...I can't cope with this. I can't even get ready for the trip as I was supposed to.

I just came back from a bus agency and tried to get one from my hometown to Paris and there's none available this week. And for returning there are buses in Paris but you have to pay the ticket now to get a reserved seat. It costs just as much as the airplane ticket. The guy told us, however that we should stay calm as everthing will get back to normal by Sunday.

I really don't know what to think now as all the news I'm watching and the tweets are SOOO sceptical and everyone's talking but noone's doing anything and time passes quite quickly. So... :boxed:

Why should it be this way? :tears:

Nice thread and update :thumb_yello:

I fear after reading the news .. this is going to last all week

If the worst comes to the worst, wanna come on the overnight coach to Dammy with me?

Archived