Travel plans to Euro gigs.

RAK1

Hmmmmm how many weeks does that take? :boxed:

Possible yes .. surely we cant have 3 more weeks of disruption .. but yeh Im not missing this one for the SECOND TIME:roftl:

12 hours overnight, £35 on Eurocoaches:thumb_yello:

I'm booking this week.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possible yes .. surely we cant have 3 more weeks of disruption .. but yeh Im not missing this one for the SECOND TIME:roftl:

Fred don't wanna worry you but the last time this volcano erupted (more than 200 years ago) it lasted for 2 years :roftl:

I find it unlikely that it will carry on for that long again, but I think it may carry on for another week or so. Let's just hope it won't set off the bigger volcano next to it lol

at least we can make Eden! xD

Fred don't wanna worry you but the last time this volcano erupted (more than 200 years ago) it lasted for 2 years :roftl:

I find it unlikely that it will carry on for that long again, but I think it may carry on for another week or so. Let's just hope it won't set off the bigger volcano next to it lol

at least we can make Eden! xD

Aren't you just a sweet ray of sunshine through this volcanic ash cloud??

:shocked::shocked::roftl::roftl::shocked::biggrin2:

There are some problems now for us...financially speaking as the airlines don't want to refund. :boxed: that's A LOT of money for us...plus there is the hotel near Bercy that we've booked as flexi- which means that they're not refunding either and it was pretty damn expensive. :boxed: the tirp was already expensive enough for us and we've really questioned over the first months if it's really worth it, but now it's even worse..we wouldn't like to see that we've just thrown some money out the window...PLUS the gig tix.

Mum says that whatever happens it'll be for the best and we'll be fine.

If it happens to not go: at least we'll be alive trying to recover our wasted money.

If it happens to go...we won't be able to let go of the constant idea of: what happens next? What if the goddam volcano errupts again? :huh:

It is a real nightmare...I can't cope with this. I can't even get ready for the trip as I was supposed to.

I just came back from a bus agency and tried to get one from my hometown to Paris and there's none available this week. And for returning there are buses in Paris but you have to pay the ticket now to get a reserved seat. It costs just as much as the airplane ticket. The guy told us, however that we should stay calm as everthing will get back to normal by Sunday.

I really don't know what to think now as all the news I'm watching and the tweets are SOOO sceptical and everyone's talking but noone's doing anything and time passes quite quickly. So... :boxed:

Why should it be this way? :tears:

Did you get travel insurance? You insurance should cover the refund of the flight and hotel if you can't make it because of circumstances beyond your control, which this is. Phone them and see what they say, but not until you know anything for definite. :thumb_yello:

I'm thinking if it's still all spewing **** by Sunday we should book the coach as a back up, cos then we'll definitely get there and will be able to party hard. :naughty:

seems the airport will be ri-closed again till tomorrow morning at 8 AM in Italy....but nobody really understands what's happenning :boxed:

Here some airlines got special permission to fly at low height and mainly to get stranded people back.

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

Not quite yet.

:roftl::roftl:

Oh Caz! I am not stalking you - you are everywhere.

Yes, you are everywhere where I am :roftl::roftl::roftl:

I'm kidding, you know I lovez you Kodes!

:lmfao: realism???? are you the same girl who used to make up squirrels stories??? i don't recognize you anymore!!! :aah:

But the squirrels are real!!

(at 4:27 :teehee:

So what does the eruption of that second volcano mean? Will it affect air traffic even more?

I mean there are so many volcano eruptions every year and not all of them cause such trouble...

Let's start boycotting the ash cloud - don't need it, don't want it!

So what does the eruption of that second volcano mean? Will it affect air traffic even more?

I mean there are so many volcano eruptions every year and not all of them cause such trouble...

Let's start boycotting the ash cloud - don't need it, don't want it!

It probably will, as it will have the same effect as the other one, but now there's two of them spewing out ash!

It probably will, as it will have the same effect as the other one, but now there's two of them spewing out ash!

I think it depends on what type of Volcano it is?

Hmmm reckon it's coaches for Dammy! ORRRR getting a ferry from Hull to Rotterdam and driving down to Amsterdam?

I did Hull to Rotterdam on a P&O ferry-cruise before :teehee:

Was it fun??!?!!

of course it was, my sister was a dancer on it lol :teehee:

Oh! And the public toilets clean themselves! No kidding! My mum told us and for YEARS we pretended and made out that she was mad and that we didn't believe her when we knew it was true really :roftl::roftl:

About the second volcano:

Katla volcano, located near the southern end of Iceland's eastern volcanic zone, is hidden beneath the Myrdalsjökull icecap.

The subglacial dominantly basaltic volcano is one of Iceland's most active and is a frequent producer of damaging jökulhlaups, or glacier-outburst floods. A large 9 x 14 km subglacial caldera with a long axis in a NW-SE direction is up to 750 m deep. Its high point reaches 1380 m, and three major outlet glaciers have breached its rim.

Although most historical eruptions have taken place from fissures inside the caldera, the Eldgjá fissure system, which extends about 60 km to the NE from the current ice margin towards Grímsvötn volcano, has been the source of major Holocene eruptions. An eruption from the Eldgjá fissure system about 934 AD produced a voluminous lava flow of about 18 cu km, one of the world's largest known Holocene lava flows. Katla has been the source of frequent subglacial basaltic explosive eruptions that have been among the largest tephra-producers in Iceland during historical time and has produced dacitic explosive eruptions during the Holocene.

http://www.volcanodiscovery.com/en/volcanoes/europe/iceland/katla/

although the news just said that the other volcano with an incredibly hard name to spell is ceasing...?

Archived