I don't believe that the title of the new album will be The Origin of Love! I believe it's a working title! If you google "The Origin of Love" you get over 93.000 hits! Mika is cleaverer and more original than that!

In fact it sounds like "the origin of the species" of Charles Darwin.... :roftl:

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't believe that the title of the new album will be The Origin of Love! I believe it's a working title! If you google "The Origin of Love" you get over 93.000 hits! Mika is cleaverer and more original than that!

join me. I´m already crossing my fingers :mf_rosetinted:

Continuing out of topic.... here some more songs from Fleetwood Mac you surely know...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyVVcQPJLgU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThbMaq8hDEo

Sorry but I love them and assuming we all have the same musical taste...

By the way it's sounds strange to me hearing Mika speaking about love... but I'm sure he will be completely different and stunning, as always! :wub2:

Since it showed to be an exaggeration about his French lover maybe it's the love he has felt for his dog that's given him a hint?:teehee::naughty:

You're absolutely true, thanks for you explanation:thumb_yello:. However, I'd say that Lonely Alcoholic is about dislove (does this word exist in English?:blink:) but no about love:teehee:

No it doesn't but maybe it should. Not sure exactly what it would mean though?

Fleetwood Mac, whilst not being my cup of tea exactly, have made some undeniably great records over the years. Lyndsey Buckingham in particular I think is a bit of a genius, and Mika could do much worse than compare his new sound to that.

I'm actually looking forward to hearing the new stuff as from what Mika has said (*takes large pinch of salt just as a precaution :wink2:*) it seems he hasn't been afraid of cutting loose this time and experimenting. It's never a good idea for a musician to churn out the same kind of thing year after year. You must try something different, even at risk of failing. I think that's very important.

Since it showed to be an exaggeration about his French lover maybe it's the love he has felt for his dog that's given him a hint?:teehee::naughty:

:blink: And I was so innoncently thinking about the love of his fans, the love from a father to his son, etc etc ... definitely there are a lot of kinds of love!! :aah:

Ok:aah: In Spanish there's a word "desamor" (personal QueenElisaII translation: dislove:aah:) that means the opposite of love, but not hate. For instance, a song about being broken-hearted is not about love, it's about "dislove", because it doesn't imply hate, neither love. It implies being hurt about love.

Does it make sense?:lmfao:

I totaly agree...!!:mf_rosetinted:

Hm, but for 'The boy who knew too much' there was even a Simpsons episode. :teehee:

I really can't see 'the origins of love' being the actual title. We'll see.

To be frank as far as the title ect. is concerned I'm far more curious about the cover and booklet design. I'm so dead curious, I even considered biting my nails. And this is something I have never done. I wonder if they'll keep the concept of layout or if it will look completely different this time. As he said that music wise it would be so totally different from his former childhood/adolescence themes.

As for the music, I'm 100% convinced that I'm going to like it. IMHO he knows exactly what he's doing when it comes to songwriting. So much that it is actually scary. Who was it who told him to look at it as a craft rather than art? It seems to me he really took that seriously. Where did he say that again? I can't remember.

I'm hoping for stories. He's such a fantastic storyteller. And I think there will be quite a few. And if I'm going to end up with 12 LOVE stories, be it. :roftl:

There's plenty of material. Forbidden, unreturned, secret, everlasting, crazy, complicated, broken.... love. Aww, I'm looking forward to it. :wub2:

indeed. our Mika is changing :boxed:

Which of course, is a good thing. We all need different amounts of time to get used to it (me hardly any at all) but change is good. Unless the change hurts people, but... most types of change don't hurt people, thank goodness. :aah:

Which of course, is a good thing. We all need different amounts of time to get used to it (me hardly any at all) but change is good. Unless the change hurts people, but... most types of change don't hurt people, thank goodness. :aah:

Yes, change can be for the better ! Maybe he's going for mainstream pop though? :boxed:

If mika thinks it's fine than who am i to complain?

Well, change is scaring because it implies a risk, the risk of everything getting worse. But of course, I 100% agree with you, change is good.

Yes, change can be for the better ! Maybe he's going for mainstream pop though? :boxed:

If mika thinks it's fine than who am i to complain?

Well at least he might get a decent review in Star Magazine this time. That would be a first! A relative always gets Star Mag and I HATE it, as they never give Mika good reviews!

Well at least he might get a decent review in Star Magazine this time. That would be a first! A relative always gets Star Mag and I HATE it, as they never give Mika good reviews!

That would be great ! Bah, critics :shun:

Maybe he can get the public attention he deserves too? :original:

I was this morning listening to the radio when they played ke$ha (God, it´s hard to write her name :aah:). I was wondering... no one of the guys who Mika mentioned for his next album has nothing to do with her,innit??

Cause I can picture Mika singing something like "We´ll be forever young-young-yo-yo-yo-young" :boxed:

I was this morning listening to the radio when they played ke$ha (God, it´s hard to write her name :aah:). I was wondering... no one of the guys who Mika mentioned for his next album has nothing to do with her,innit??

Cause I can picture Mika singing something like "We´ll be forever young-young-yo-yo-yo-young" :boxed:

:blink:

Are you having nightmares, Rosa?:shocked:

:blink:

Are you having nightmares, Rosa?:shocked:

yes I am :shocked: :shocked:

This new album is getting me too much nervous :aah: :aah:

I dreamt of Mika tonight, and it´s not something I´m used to...

But since he has boobs, his red hair, and all this talk about electronic music and stuff........ ..... ..... "yo-yo-yo-young" :boxed:

I hope Mika stays away from Kesha or her style...

Archived