• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This reinforces me in my belief that XL Republica may have put something together on their own as Mika missed the deadline for this issue.:teehee:

I don't think so,judging by his comments about the song The Origin Of Love and Overrated,about the italian "macho" men or the end of the interview.It doesn't look to me like something made-up or picked from other sources,there's some new bits on it.

This reinforces me in my belief that XL Republica may have put something together on their own as Mika missed the deadline for this issue.:teehee:

Thought so too :mf_rosetinted:

Really?? :lmfao: :lmfao:

I don't think so,judging by his comments about the song The Origin Of Love and Overrated,about the italian "macho" men or the end of the interview.It doesn't look to me like something made-up or picked from other sources,there's some new bits on it.

I's say MFC is starting an inquiry about this :wink2: The intro sure didn't sound like Mika :mikacool: but the rest did :mikalove:

I did not mean they made up this interview. They must have talked to him and came up with this piece, which is fine, since it is an interview, it's just the introduction that sounds a bit odd to me. It very much stays on the surface and uses some of the cliches the press uses about Mika and I thought the writer had more style given the magazine it is for and Mika's history with them.

Edited by suzie

I did not mean they made up this interview. They must have talked to him and came up with this piece, which is fine, since it is an interview, it's just the introduction that sounds a bit odd to me. It very much stays on the surface and uses some of the cliches the press uses about Mika and I thought the writer had more style given the magazine it is for and Mika's history with them.

Yes, I get so fed up with this constant reference to Freddie Mercury. Mika has distanced himself from Freddie in his career, why can't the press just leave it alone?

I'm sick of him being compared to Sissor Sisters too. Mika is a legend in his own right and shouldn't be compared to anyone else.

Thanks very much for the wishes about my exam: everything went ok ;)

So, now i'm translating the other part of the interview and then i'll post it... At the end i'll check the part that i translated yesterday night to see if there are mistakes ;)

Thanks very much for the wishes about my exam: everything went ok ;)

So, now i'm translating the other part of the interview and then i'll post it... At the end i'll check the part that i translated yesterday night to see if there are mistakes ;)

oh, I did not realize you were doing exams right now. So early in September?Thank you very much for translating it. Don't worry about 'mistakes', it all makes sense, well done.:thumb_yello:

Part 2

Before having success with the single Grace Kelly (in 2007 for five weeks at # 1 on the UK chart, and then to the top of the charts by us, in Italy, and in half of Europe, ndr) I paid for my studies at college working as a waiter. Finished the tour of "The Boy ..." I found myself at home, with no school to attend, without a job, with nothing to do. It was really weird: I ended in front of the piano, with the feeling that i have no excuse: the creative process was back in my hand, and only I could decide whether to write or not. It was a shock. Meanwhile, the incident had happened to my sister: Paloma fell from the window of a building in London and she ended on the gate below, impaled by metal rods. I noticed it for first: she had passed through the bars and firefighters had to intervene to cut them and transport her to the hospital. It was a terrible thing. Paloma was between life and death, and for a long time, the doctors said that she would be paralyzed. Luckily, things turned out differently and now, almost two years after then, she is starting to walk. And from the time when she started to feel good, I told her goodbye...I know, it looks cruel... Then, i went to the person with whom i've been for 5 years and i said to him/her: I'm leaving, goodbye!

And I started to live again, to write, and I fell in love again. And so "The Origin Of Love" is an album that talks about me that I come back to life, and about the disasters that I have surpassed - the tragedy of my sister, the end of a long love story - to feel alive.>>

In The Origin... you say: <Love is my drug, like chocolate, like cigarette> and it seems to listen again Rufus Wainwright that sings about cigarettes and chocolate milk in his album Poses...

<Yes, they are the same weaknesses, the same vices... But Rufus, in that song, talks about destructive things and he seems to say: stop, I took too much of everything. I, however, talk about positive things and I say: Give me more, I do not have enough! Rufus, instead, explores the desire: he is an outsider who put into music the yearning, the passion and desires. And this is the base of every album, of every single pop song that has ever been written.>

If Rufus music is for adults, could be yours for children?

<A lot of people say me that but, sincerely, this thing make me smile... But, really, did you listen with attention my lyrics? Even they are a little bit naif, and maybe i use some children's choires, don't be fooled! I use children's choires - in my two precedent albums; with the new one, the things are changed - to surprise adults and show them as they really are, through the eyes of children. I like that people are shocked by a choir of children with words not just comply. In short, it's made to make feel a little embarrassed who listen to me and think that I sing little easy things... One of my favorite musical moments, in fact, is the chorus of the Ave Maria Guarani in the film The Mission, with a soundtrack by Ennio Morricone. Tribal, primal, instinctive, naif: this is how I want my music.

Edited by Lucrezia

Part 2

Before having success with the single Grace Kelly (in 2007 for five weeks at # 1 on the UK chart, and then to the top of the charts by us, in Italy, and in half of Europe, ndr) I paid for my studies at college working as a waiter. Finished the tour of "The Boy ..." I found myself at home, with no school to attend, without a job, with nothing to do. It was really weird: I ended in front of the piano, with the feeling that i have no excuse: the creative process was back in my hand, and only I could decide whether to write or not. It was a shock. Meanwhile, the incident had happened to my sister: Paloma fell from the window of a building in London and she ended on the gate below, impaled by metal rods. I noticed it for first: she had passed through the bars and firefighters had to intervene to cut them and transport her to the hospital. It was a terrible thing. Paloma was between life and death, and for a long time, the doctors said that she would be paralyzed. Luckily, things turned out differently and now, almost two years after then, she is starting to walk. And from the time when she started to feel good, I told her goodbye...I know, it looks cruel... Then, i went to the person with whom i've been for 5 years and i said to him/her: I'm leaving, goodbye!

And I started to live again, to write, and I fell in love again. And so "The Origin Of Love" is an album that talks about me that I come back to life, and about the disasters that I have surpassed - the tragedy of my sister, the end of a long love story - to feel alive.>>

(work in progress :wink2:)

So did Mika leave the guy because he just wanted to escape? :shocked: Hmmmm interesing...

Thankyou very much for this translation!!! :huglove:

Then I misunderstood :doh:

So he left and then ran back home. Some need to try to lose it all so that they realise what they would be missing.

Undervalued I can't be far from the truth.

Whatcha gonna do? I am not over you.

etc. etc.

Mika may be upfront about being gay now but I don't think he's changed his ways that much when it comes to personal relationships. Still talks nonsense in interviews and the truth lies somewhere else. :naughty:

So he left and then ran back home. Some need to try to lose it all so that they realise what they would be missing.

I was thinking the exact same thing, I don't wish it to anyone of course, but I know that when it's done there's no coming back