I don't like the article very much...!

Also it seems a bit weird to be completely true..so I'm following the idea of the "mika-truth" that could be similar to mika-soon when it comes to private stuff :mf_rosetinted: and I think is normal that Mika wants to keep his relationship private!

Also...I wanted to kill (of course I'm kidding) the interviewer when I read the Q if Rufus music is for adults then Mika's could be for children...I was...WTF AGAIN? :shocked:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Part 3

Actually your pop as your performances and all of you, seems very calculated, manufactured, elaborated.

<Nope, To tell you the truth, I let myself be guided by instinct. And then, even if i make pop, i don't return in any class. I'm an irregular: for my culture, for my background, for the languages that i speak, for my family. I had to become an opera singer, and instead, I have created this other dimension. I wrote my first album living in a bobble, foreign to everything around me. But I am aware of my limitations, of my weaknesses and of my hypocrisy. And I'm different from what you see me on stage. As a person I am extremely discreet, I stand on my own and I'm wary. But when I sing and I perform, I can intelligently explore my perversionis, my darkest instincts and my obsessions, but also my good points - because there's also some good in me, who believe eh?!? There's that quote (by Nietzsche), if you will look long into an abyss, the abyss will look into you. For me it's the time of creation: when i compose, i look at the blank and, at the end, the reflection of that blank becomes a reflection of myself and, through this, a song come, and I finish to find my story, in the deeper and hidden of myself. The most important thing is that all this creative process makes me feel good. And it's for this that in my music there are, At base, optimism and joy. Because for me it is ok not to be ok: it's OK to admit that we are not perfect ( do you remember his song: <big girl, you are beautiful...curves in all the right places> dedicated to BBW, the big beautiful women with curves in all the right places? ). At the end, sing gives me a chance to clean the dirty linen in public, and, by the way, in a very controlled environment. I can say exactly what i want. But I am certainly not obsessed with control. And i always say the truth, in my songs. If in my normal life happen to me more often to lie, when I sing I'm completely honest. Mmmm.... Do you think that it is for this reason that in my private life I have a lot of problems?>

Part 3

Actually your pop as your performances and all of you, seems very calculated, manufactured, elaborated.

<Nope, To tell you the truth, I let myself be guided by instinct. And then, even if i make pop, i don't return in any class. I'm an irregular: for my culture, for my background, for the languages that i speak, for my family. I had to become an opera singer, and instead, I have created this other dimension. I wrote my first album living in a bobble, foreign to everything around me. But I am aware of my limitations, of my weaknesses and of my hypocrisy. And I'm different from what you see me on stage. As a person I am extremely discreet, I stand on my own and I'm wary. But when I sing and I perform, I can intelligently explore my perversionis, my darkest instincts and my obsessions, but also my good points - because there's also some good in me, who believe eh?!? There's that quote (by Nietzsche), if you will look long into an abyss, the abyss will look into you. For me it's the time of creation: when i compose, i look at the blank and, at the end, the reflection of that blank becomes a reflection of myself and, through this, a song come, and I finish to find my story, in the deeper and hidden of myself. The most important thing is that all this creative process makes me feel good. And it's for this that in my music there are, At base, optimism and joy. Because for me it is ok not to be ok: it's OK to admit that we are not perfect ( do you remember his song: <big girl, you are beautiful...curves in all the right places> dedicated to BBW, the big beautiful women with curves in all the right places? ). At the end, sing gives me a chance to clean the dirty linen in public, and, by the way, in a very controlled environment. I can say exactly what i want. But I am certainly not obsessed with control. And i always say the truth, in my songs. If in my normal life happen to me more often to lie, when I sing I'm completely honest. Mmmm.... Do you think that it is for this reason that in my private life I have a lot of problems?>

Thank you again!!!!

There's that quote (by Nietzsche), if you will look long into an abyss, the abyss will look into you. For me it's the time of creation: when i compose, i look at the blank and, at the end, the reflection of that blank becomes a reflection of myself and, through this, a song come, and I finish to find my story, in the deeper and hidden of myself.

It is so amazingly said :thumb_yello: Very beautiful :wub2:

Finally the last part :aah:

So, Mika, are you sincere when you throw against religion and machismo in the single The Origin Of Love, where a medieval choir sings "Padre nostrum, deus machismo, Padre deus, deus machismo"?

Sure! Machismo sucks...And I know that in Italy is very present. Around the world, there's this image of Italian macho man, but does not match with your story, and as long as you think to Michelangelo and other artists with a very feminine sensibility. The italian macho is a fake aesthetic collage of what a man should be. It's a steriotipo that is not found elsewhere: in France, the man is more feminine and delicate - think of Alain Delon. In the United States the male model is different: a man who protects, gives comfort and warmth, a male with whom to start a family and have children...Like George Clooney. And, by the way, the machismo in The Origin... isn't releated to the Italians. I wanted to write a song more visceral that had ever been written: a song religious and anti-religious. I wanted to say "God I hate you" and "Burn the Bibble", and at the same time, sing "Thanks God!" and cling to the faith as it was the only thing left. It's a sexual and political song; a total lve song. And that is why I start the album with it. I wanted to say: Hey, hello! I'm Mika, I'm here. And I'm alive.

In reality not all the songs are like The Origin... they speak of the time when I fall in love. Even because, after the inizial "", the months pass and appears the disenchantment, like in Overrated where I say to my lover: <You're useless: I asked you to kill me and you can not even do that...you're no good for me...you do not love me, you can not kill me so **** off.

Yeah, of course, there are also songs where i don't talk about my private love live like Celebrate (written with a twenty-two musicians discovered online, Fryars, with the help of producer Nick Littlemore and Pharrel Williams). It was a collaboration only possible because each of us wanted to have fun, without putting in the middle the ego. In Celebrate I sing: <everybody stand up and have fun / 'cause we just began / I want the all world to celebrate. >

My message is happiness, freedom and tollerance. More than politic is social; abd more than social, at the end, it's Spiritual. And it talks about desire, because all pop music is based on the desire and delight, to return to that song of Rufus Wainwright which we talked about before, the one that talks of nicotine and chocolate.>>

Yeah, always pop and desire, especially sexual, are linked. You think that before your gig in Vigevano I've tried to post 3 words side by side - Mika, Vigevano, sex - to see if on Google they would produce some results. And I found a site for adults, the announcement of two gus (don't know if i can post it here....) who offered oral sex free (to straight guys, gay and bisexual) , before and after your gig!

<Oh beautiful! What a nice guys...Don't they make distinctions, eh? I think that they should enter freem to my next gigs in Italy! See, my audience is in this way because I do alternative pop, music freak that should not work but it works, and it gives you a feeling of great freedom.>>

The End!

Edited by Lucrezia

Part 3

Thanks so much for the translation Lucrezia :huglove::flowers2:

Update my previous post with the last part of the interview! Thank you for reading my translation even if with some small mistakes. Many thanks to all of you! :huglove:

EDIT: I wrote all the interview in my blog so you could read it all at once: http://chocolateandchilipepper.blogspot.it/2012/09/mika-who-thinks-i-make-childrens-music.html

Edited by Lucrezia

Update my previous post with the last part of the interview! Thank you for reading my translation even if with some small mistakes. Many thanks to all of you! :huglove:

EDIT: I wrote all the interview in my blog so you could read it all at once: http://chocolateandchilipepper.blogspot.it/2012/09/mika-who-thinks-i-make-childrens-music.html

Thank you so much :flowers2:

Amazing interview and translation too :huglove:

Fake cover made by AlePOP for the September edition of XL magazine

XL-FAKECOVER-SETT-2012-MIKA-ICONA.jpg

:aah:

:shocked: That mouse is hideous. Poor Mika! :shocked:

:eek:

I love Mika and I love Mickey, but I promise I had nothing to do with this!

I much preferred Milda's transformation of Mika into Mickey Mouse from

my birthday thread! :naughty:

mikanightexpress03.jpg

:eek:

I love Mika and I love Mickey, but I promise I had nothing to do with this!

I much preferred Milda's transformation of Mika into Mickey Mouse from

my birthday thread! :naughty:

mikanightexpress03.jpg

AAAAAW! :wub2: Me too, that is much more classy and cute.

This is just creepy :blink: