• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I drunk a very special coffee with milk this afternoon after work, and I thought during this time about differents things and take a little break, so I can related to things he said :D... I did not see this article before but the coffee called me anyway :roftl: thanks for translation Nezza ;)

About the illustration choice it does not suprised me somewhere... they just forgot about the Da wak frame but who cares ?

Edited by Etoile2roses

I put mine at the Fan-art thread, I would love to see the other ones too!

Same here :wink2: Put it some days ago. Forgot I've also sent the same I posted, but colored and other one I had put already in the thread last year :teehee:

You're certainly not alone. From any way I think about it, I feel bad. Did they have it, already? Did they choose it limited to Italian options? Did they get it from a pro? Did they want us to feel "included" without including us? :dunno:

Anyway, if you guys want to see what a real fan made, you can go to the brazilian thread. Trust me, it is worth. :wink2:

I agree totally :thumb_yello:

aaaw, you're the sweetest :blush-anim-cl:

Fran is absolutely right :biggrin2::wink2:

Oh, I didn't see it, will try to find :)

here it is :thumb_yello:http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18607&page=237

You are fast :shocked: I was getting it :teehee:

I can't see the magazine thinking of fans' feelings. They were probably just pleased to show a professional style illustration, and how could they even know who is a real fan and who not. I'm sure Mika thought of his fans and maybe this was originally his idea. Well, you know him, he has so many ideas... :wub2:

I understand those people who entered are disappointed :huglove: I was hoping to see someone I know getting a drawing in the magazine, too.

Thanks Robi, I'll add a few details to what I wrote earlier.

So he's been busy working on his album, in the States, Montreal and Stockholm. Some of the problems of living in a recording studio is that his hearing has been becoming worse and also that he's been living on take away food, and lots of coffee. He says coffee helps to sort of distance himself from the music, drinking it gives him time to think. And once he's finished his coffee he feels fine again.

The second part covers the history of coffee, starting with how hyperactive goats made an Ethiopean shepherd connect the coffee bushes they were eating from with their energy. During the centuries coffee spread up to the Middle East, and a sort of link between coffee and Islam was created. Coffee beans were then imported into Venice from Istanbul. The various attempts to ban the drink failed, and it spread throughout Europe.

In the last part he writes about the coffee culture in the States. In Venice Beach, LA, there's a coffee shop, Intelligentsia Café that always has a queue outside it, the wait for a coffee is 45 minutes. LA is the home of coffee shops. But even in Europe he says that every 3 blocks he finds a Starbucks - everywhere but Italy. In France people thought that it'd be difficult for Starbucks to compete with the coffee culture of the country, but everyone was proven wrong. He says Italy does well though to resist, and should be proud of this, but he says the new American obsession with fair trade and organic coffee makes him think. He says that the queue at Intelligentsia isn't just because the coffee's good, but also because it's bought directly from the people who produce it - small companies. Biological products are also good for the environment, and he says Italy would do well to learn from the queues at Venice Beach.

He ends by saying that considering that behind every coffee bean there's centuries of history and 25 million families in the world who depend on the drink, it pays to have a bit of patience.

That seems really interesting. I love how Mika teaches us things without us even realising we want to learn about them. I'm sure the translated article will be fascinating, as all the others have been.

What is wrong with Mika's hearing? Oh God, I hope it doesn't get any worse! I think I did read somewhere about him having hearing problems, but I hoped it was just some rumour! It's the worst thing to happen to a musician so I hope and pray he'll be okay.

That seems really interesting. I love how Mika teaches us things without us even realising we want to learn about them. I'm sure the translated article will be fascinating, as all the others have been.

What is wrong with Mika's hearing? Oh God, I hope it doesn't get any worse! I think I did read somewhere about him having hearing problems, but I hoped it was just some rumour! It's the worst thing to happen to a musician so I hope and pray he'll be okay.

Well, Beethoven, Bedrich Smetana, Ralph Vaughan Williams, Gabriel Fauré and many other genius were deaf :aah: :aah:

oh I don't think it is that dramatic:roftl:

He was probably just hanging out with a musician who was complaining about having these problems after decades of touring and Mika thought he already had similar problems....:naughty: In fact, I already know who it was:teehee:

I was thinking... why don't you upload the pics you sent to the XL column (only if you want :wink2:) and we watch your, I'm sure, awesome works? :wub2:

That's a great idea ! I didn't send in anything but i'd love to see what entries were made byn MFCers :wub2:

oh I don't think it is that dramatic:roftl:

He was probably just hanging out with a musician who was complaining about having these problems after decades of touring and Mika thought he already had similar problems....:naughty: In fact, I already know who it was:teehee:

Same here.. I was talking to Roxane yesterday in msn and she said she remembers he saying he lost 40% of hearing (and the interview was from 2 years ago :aah: :aah: ) so, yes... We all know Mika... :roftl: :roftl:

Same here.. I was talking to Roxane yesterday in msn and she said she remembers he saying he lost 40% of hearing (and the interview was from 2 years ago :aah: :aah: ) so, yes... We all know Mika... :roftl: :roftl:

I suppose I just get worried. It's the mother in me I suppose.