please,any english speaker here??

this line from last original´s:

"Over the next three hours, I glimpsed into the life of a man who’s work has been one of the biggest creative...."

is it correct?? I would use "whose"...

good catch Rosa! you would be a good proof reader:thumb_yello:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And you'd be right, Rosita...

It seems that mika doesn't use his spelling corrector much...:mf_rosetinted:

good catch Rosa! you would be a good proof reader:thumb_yello:

thanks! I do LEARN english here,and if the teacher is misspelling......:roftl:......

So.... Has anyone else sent in a drawing?

I have done it on some A3 paper, and am not sure whether to put it in the frame or not? :dunno:

yes, you have to put inside of it

Shall we post our entries here for everyone to see or shall we keep them a secret until Mika and Yasmine pick their favourite? :biggrin2:

I guess it's up to you :wink2:

I think there's no problem if somebody posts it here before the new column is released :thumb_yello:

So.... Has anyone else sent in a drawing?

I have done it on some A3 paper, and am not sure whether to put it in the frame or not? :dunno:

i sent them drawings without a frame :teehee:

if they like it they'll put them back in it :mf_rosetinted:

(or maybe they are not going to like it cos i dun hv a frame :aah:)

At the risk of sounding slightly stupid, is there any indication of what we're supposed to draw? Or is it just whatever comes to our mind? :blush-anim-cl:

I asked myself (and him too :aah:) that, but there was no sight of a hint :aah: so I guess it was supposed to be completely free :wink2:

I just hope he remembers to say who the winner will be :aah: I'm not quite sure, but I;ve heard that there was a T-shirt design competition and that no one knows who won :dunno:

precisely :aah: I entered that too, bu I guess they forgot :roftl: it was supposed to be a new design to be sold at the site

I just hope he remembers to say who the winner will be :aah: I'm not quite sure, but I;ve heard that there was a T-shirt design competition and that no one knows who won :dunno:

I hope he remembers at least to check these works :naughty: let alone announcing the winner :aah:

Da Boss is rather random, you know...

I think they'll remember to announce the winner of this one, as the prize is to have their picture in the next issue :aah: I don't think they'd forget something as vital as that.

Mika: hey sis, have you done that illustration?

DaWack: which illustration?

Mika: what d'you mean, which one, the one for XL Republica!

DaWack: :mf_rosetinted: no

Mika: WHAT?!?! what are we going to do, I have to send the text tomorrow, but there's no illustration, how could you do this to me?!

DaWack: :mf_rosetinted:

Mika: What?!

DaWack: you forgot to check your mail again, haven't you?

Mika: (checks his mail) these MFC guys have gone crazy again, why do they send me all these illustrations for?!

DaWack: :headesk:

Mika: I know!! I'll use them for my blog!

nah, it's a stupid fictional dialogue...:mf_rosetinted:

I think they'll remember to announce the winner of this one, as the prize is to have their picture in the next issue :aah: I don't think they'd forget something as vital as that.

:floor:

:mf_rosetinted:

Vital? I really can't wait now to see if there really will be a fan pic in the next XL!

Challenge.

:floor:

:mf_rosetinted:

Vital? I really can't wait now to see if there really will be a fan pic in the next XL!

Challenge.

Hmmmmm ... we'll see ... he does have a track record of not following up on things :mf_rosetinted:

T-Shirt Contest - Ever have any winners ... :wink2:

Sophie Blackall drawing ... did we ever see the finished piece - I thought he was gonna sell prints of it or something ... I would have bought one.

Where in the world - Part one - or just once :lmfao:

Bless him ... I wouldn't have him any other way :biggrin2:

Well I think this e-mail adress is one of people who works for the XL Republica, they will maybe take a first look on every design which were send and they will see with the Mika team which one they will choose together... so It will take one week I guess before everything take place and I guess also the winner will be inform by e-mail...

Good luck to everyone who sent something. I'm curious to see the result. My guess would be a pencil Mika portrait. :original:

I also think that assuming the final choice will be an Italian entry is not too far-fetched. I'm up for a surprise, though. :biggrin2:

Nontheless I'd really love to see the other MFC entries, too. I bet there are some real masterpieces among them. :wub2:

Well I think this e-mail adress is one of people who works for the XL Republica, they will maybe take a first look on every design which were send and they will see with the Mika team which one they will choose together... so It will take one week I guess before everything take place and I guess also the winner will be inform by e-mail...

So - what did I say? Mika hardly will ever see all these opuses :naughty: