Same here.. I was talking to Roxane yesterday in msn and she said she remembers he saying he lost 40% of hearing (and the interview was from 2 years ago :aah: :aah: ) so, yes... We all know Mika... :roftl: :roftl:

:roftl:

I don't remember that one...Anyway, here is the recent article I was thinking about - it is an interview with Roger Taylor..:teehee:

THERE’S a running joke in Roger Taylor’s house. Ask the Queen drummer a question, any question, and the response is always the same. “Half-past seven is my standard reply,” he says with a smile. “It doesn’t matter whether they’ve asked me what I want to drink, watch on TV or where I want to go on holiday.”

Behind this private joke lies the uncomfortable truth that one of the greatest drummers in the history of rock music has suffered dramatic hearing loss.

Talking for the fi rst time about his secret struggle to hear, Taylor revealed that he has joined the ranks of Who guitarist Pete Townshend and former Genesis drummer Phil Collins as the latest casualty of mega-volume stadium concerts.

“I guess it was inevitable and hardly surprising given what I’ve been doing for the past 40 years but at least I’m in good company,” says Roger sitting at a desk in the offi ce at his Surrey home.

“The sound levels on stage were so loud with all that constant banging and smash, smash, smash; it did untold damage to the fi ne nerve endings in the inner ear, though it is worse in the left, which is the side of my snare drum and the monitor.”

It was Roger’s wife Sarina, whom he married last October, who noticed the adroit drummer had a problem.

“She was the one who kept pointing out that the TV volume was up too loud, though I could only just hear it. Then I kept missing out on dialogue in fi lms and at dinner parties and social gatherings I couldn’t understand what people were saying. It felt strange and frustrating to a point where I was starting to lip-read. I realised my hearing wasn’t what it should be.”

article continues here:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/249440/Roger-Taylor-Deaf-metal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:roftl:

I don't remember that one...Anyway, here is the recent article I was thinking about - it is an interview with Roger Taylor..:teehee:

THERE’S a running joke in Roger Taylor’s house. Ask the Queen drummer a question, any question, and the response is always the same. “Half-past seven is my standard reply,” he says with a smile. “It doesn’t matter whether they’ve asked me what I want to drink, watch on TV or where I want to go on holiday.”

Behind this private joke lies the uncomfortable truth that one of the greatest drummers in the history of rock music has suffered dramatic hearing loss.

Talking for the fi rst time about his secret struggle to hear, Taylor revealed that he has joined the ranks of Who guitarist Pete Townshend and former Genesis drummer Phil Collins as the latest casualty of mega-volume stadium concerts.

“I guess it was inevitable and hardly surprising given what I’ve been doing for the past 40 years but at least I’m in good company,” says Roger sitting at a desk in the offi ce at his Surrey home.

“The sound levels on stage were so loud with all that constant banging and smash, smash, smash; it did untold damage to the fi ne nerve endings in the inner ear, though it is worse in the left, which is the side of my snare drum and the monitor.”

It was Roger’s wife Sarina, whom he married last October, who noticed the adroit drummer had a problem.

“She was the one who kept pointing out that the TV volume was up too loud, though I could only just hear it. Then I kept missing out on dialogue in fi lms and at dinner parties and social gatherings I couldn’t understand what people were saying. It felt strange and frustrating to a point where I was starting to lip-read. I realised my hearing wasn’t what it should be.”

article continues here:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/249440/Roger-Taylor-Deaf-metal

Yes, I didn´t remember but Roxane talked to Eriko and they both remembered the interview... I can understand Roger after 40 years has a hearing loss... but Mika losing 40% seems too much for me :aah: he can have lost a bit, of course, but I´m with you and I don´t think it´s that dramatic.

Yes, I didn´t remember but Roxane talked to Eriko and they both remembered the interview... I can understand Roger after 40 years has a hearing loss... but Mika losing 40% seems too much for me :aah: he can have lost a bit, of course, but I´m with you and I don´t think it´s that dramatic.

He was ill at that time but I think his hearing recovered over the time.

I love this collumn as much as I love coffee :teehee:

Can't wait to read the original one :teehee:

As for the drawing competition, it's not fair that a professional won the competition ... I'd rather have and MFC to win.

Would Mika've chosen the winner or XL repubblica? :blink:

I think many we are addicted to coffee, great company in hours of study and the cold trdes good coffee is the best medicine to lift the mood.

All columns but I like this one in particular I liked the most. The story of how surguio the effect of coffee and then the arrival of Brazil, which was due to a love story,this is a touch of romance.

I liked the illustration reminded me of a famous clown in Europe (can not remember his name)

I 2r4t0ew.jpg

I think many we are addicted to coffee, great company in hours of study and the cold trdes good coffee is the best medicine to lift the mood.

All columns but I like this one in particular I liked the most. The story of how surguio the effect of coffee and then the arrival of Brazil, which was due to a love story,this is a touch of romance.

I liked the illustration reminded me of a famous clown in Europe (can not remember his name)

I 2r4t0ew.jpg

Girls, stop it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't going to drink coffee at 11PM!

(Oh God, this pic... I drunk the same only yesterday!)

Thank you so much Robi :wub2: and Nezza :wub2:

You both rock :huglove:

I can't wait for the original version ; it seems to be another great article :)

I remember feeling so sad when I'd read about the fact that had lost 40 percent of his hearing and that was right after he started his tour after LICM had made him famous...I remember he said in that interview it had been really difficult to sing on stage without hearing himself properly :boxed:

I so hope all is ok now :shocked:

Girls, stop it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't going to drink coffee at 11PM!

(Oh God, this pic... I drunk the same only yesterday!)

Why not!? It's past midnight for me and I'm having a good cup of MIKAzza :thumb_yello:!

I 2r4t0ew.jpg

I want that coffee in the pic!!!!!

JC_coffee2.gif

new favorite smiley:biggrin2:

There's different types of coffee nowadays.

Friend of mine is the true coffee lover. I mean, he drinks coffee without

sugar nor cream. He believes the essential of coffee is bitter looks like life.

His philosophy is if you added anything that makes it sweeter, in life, you always run from problems.

And I said "that's why you always get problem" :teehee:

There's different types of coffee nowadays.

Friend of mine is the true coffee lover. I mean, he drinks coffee without

sugar nor cream. He believes the essential of coffee is bitter looks like life.

His philosophy is if you added anything that makes it sweeter, in life, you always run from problems.

And I said "that's why you always get problem" :teehee:

that's brilliant!:original: