• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mika: Pop Up!

Mika has entered the XL world with a column entitled Pop Up!

Here’s the original English version of the Tenth chapter.

How a dancing goat changed the world.

http://videodrome-xl.blogautore.repubblica.it/2011/06/07/mika-pop-up-6/

ART WORK SLIDE SHOW!

http://vimeo.com/24714594

Looks like the ART WORK is included

in the original version in English!

PS:

There is a provision for comments at the end.

Edited by A. Clay

Would love to know if those pics belong to any of our members.

The opening pic caught my eye in the fan-art thread :thumb_yello:. Maybe some others were also from MFCs. Anyone? :wink2:

I love the video idea; so many great illustrations got noticed. And I have to agree with Wonka who said that there are many pics much better than the one chosen :teehee:

Yeah I just noticed the video. Cool! Anyone we know??

http://vimeo.com/24714594

The first one is one of ours !! ( MFcers ) :teehee:

No seriously it's awesome I saw it in our fan art thread by one of our members :yay:

It's by Rivendel_Mordor ! :yay:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/member.php?u=17361

HEre is her drawing -

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18607&highlight=all-mika+fan+art&page=239

Well, and this is my picture... I didn't expect to win, but I would have been very happy if someone of you had won.

:)

tumblr_lm4r30ufeU1qkkiu2o1_500.jpg

Finally, I need to thank Neims publicly for giving me some advices when I draw with my tablet :biggrin2::thumb_yello: You are an amazing woman!!

Edited by Jaya

He knows there's no way to talk about coffee and not talking about Brazil :biggrin2:

And... Coffee gives me a break from music and more importantly a break from the people I’m working with. We all have coffee ceremonies, and mine is a solitary one. I sit, drinking and bitching to myself about everyone around me, think about how everything going wrong is everyone else’s fault and list their never ending habits that drive me crazy. :roftl:

2011y06m07d_211005812.jpg

Is that a chicken? Ok, who made this one? :aah:

He knows there's no way to talk about coffee and not talking about Brazil :biggrin2:

And... Coffee gives me a break from music and more importantly a break from the people I’m working with. We all have coffee ceremonies, and mine is a solitary one. I sit, drinking and bitching to myself about everyone around me, think about how everything going wrong is everyone else’s fault and list their never ending habits that drive me crazy. :roftl:

Is that a chicken? Ok, who made this one? :aah:

Not me, i swear....:mf_rosetinted:

I found much better drawings in that video than the one chosen...

I agree!:thumb_yello:

:biggrin2:

I thought that article was quite funny, he's a very funny person. :teehee: And I learnt a whole load of stuff that I never wished to, but I'm glad I did, even though I hate coffee. :)

Oh finally a sister in crime!:wub2: I hate coffee too!:naughty: I doesn't matter how old I get I just don't like it... I like the smell of it though and I can drink it if it's really thin, (or what do you call it in English when it's the opposite to strong coffee?) and if it's mixed with lots of milk!:teehee:

Tea, on the other hand, I can drink all day long!:biggrin2:

I agree!:thumb_yello:

:biggrin2:

Oh finally a sister in crime!:wub2: I hate coffee too!:naughty: I doesn't matter how old I get I just don't like it... I like the smell of it though and I can drink it if it's really thin, (or what do you call it in English when it's the opposite to strong coffee?) and if it's mixed with lots of milk!:teehee:

Opposite of strong coffee = weak coffee :wink2:

I love the smell too! :biggrin2: But I even hate coffee chocolate and coffee cake.

I love tea!! :teehee:

And I think of you almost every time I make tea! :wub2: Especially if I'm using tea bags, because you are the only person I've seen using two tea bags for one cup of tea! :biggrin2:

Oh, I love coffee! And I love it that Mika wrote about coffee, and I love the thought of him drinking coffee while he is in studio :mf_lustslow:

I didn't get to read the article yet, I printed it out at work to read while in the bus (also, I sometimes give my students his column as a reading exercise :teehee:) so I can't comment on it, but... when I saw that the video with the best illustrations was attached, I couldn't help myself thinking how he MUST be reading MFC lately :naughty: some people were disappointed by the outcome of the competition, and this was a really nice gesture from Mika's team side :thumb_yello:

Now I start to suspect you, Wonka :wink2:

Oh, I love coffee! And I love it that Mika wrote about coffee, and I love the thought of him drinking coffee while he is in studio :mf_lustslow:

Now, everytime I make coffee, I think of Mika :wub2: Though previously I was thinking about him anyway, but now it's like performing my solemn coffee ritual.

when I saw that the video with the best illustrations was attached, I couldn't help myself thinking how he MUST be reading MFC lately :naughty: some people were disappointed by the outcome of the competition, and this was a really nice gesture from Mika's team side :thumb_yello:

...yes, you might have a point here. I'm not sure if it was busy bee or someone else but they might have read the first reactions because the collection of drawings in the video are all related to Mika / his earlier artwork ( i.e. they are clearly fan art) , whilst the winning drawing had nothing to do with Mika or his stories... :dunno: