So, Italian MFCers, what topic would you like him to write on next time?

Berlusconi?

Italian fashion?

His favorite Italian composer/musician?

The secret of his famous pasta tomato sauce?

Italian soccer? (:mf_rosetinted:)

I will choose his favourite Italian composer/musician or the secret of his tomato sauce :naughty: I bet he cannot beat me :roftl:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will choose his favourite Italian composer/musician or the secret of his tomato sauce :naughty:I bet he cannot beat me :roftl:

Hehe, I have already heard that said by a few other Italian fans here. :teehee:

:shocked:

Perhaps when he comes to Italy in October he should make a tomato sauce cooking contest.

The winner gets a free painting session with tomato sauce and Mika.

Or a cooking session with Mika & after that eating pasta with tomato sauce.

Or a private gig with Mika, who sings a newly composed song about "sugo di pomodori".

Or Mika starts an own company in Italy that produces different kinds of tomato sauce (like Paul Newman).

:mf_rosetinted:

Hehe, I have already heard that said by a few other Italian fans here. :teehee:

Perhaps when he comes to Italy in October he should make a tomato sauce cooking contest.

The winner gets a free painting session with tomato sauce and Mika.

Or a cooking session with Mika & after that eating pasta with tomato sauce.

Or a private gig with Mika, who sings a newly composed song about "sugo di pomodori".

Or Mika starts an own company in Italy that produces different kinds of tomato sauce (like Paul Newman).

:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

You're so imaginative!

But i would love all these unbelievable events! :naughty:

Of course the first 3 option are better :teehee:

And I guess i could have a good chance to win :wink2:

So, Italian MFCers, what topic would you like him to write on next time?

Berlusconi?

Italian fashion?

His favorite Italian composer/musician?

The secret of his famous pasta tomato sauce?

Italian soccer? (:mf_rosetinted:)

:mad3::puke:

How about a pizza column? :licks_lips::naughty:

That's a very important issue. Lots of problems arise because of interpretation. I understand that within any religion - not only the Catholic one - 'rules' are important, because otherwise there wouldn't be a consistent message, but this causes problems.

Another example, is gender within the Church: it isn't stated anywhere that Catholic priests should only be men. It's a choice that was made ages ago.

The rules about Catholic priests being celebate is also a man-made rule. It was made so that the church wouldn't have to support the families of the priests. St Peter was married, and many of the early Christian leaders were also married. I think that the wife of a clergyman has an important role to play. I've known some really fine wives of the protestant clergy who have really been a help to their husbands, and to the congregations they served. There is no earthly or spiritual good that comes from priests being unable to marry and have a family.

That's a very important issue. Lots of problems arise because of interpretation. I understand that within any religion - not only the Catholic one - 'rules' are important, because otherwise there wouldn't be a consistent message, but this causes problems.

Another example, is gender within the Church: it isn't stated anywhere that Catholic priests should only be men. It's a choice that was made ages ago.

The rules about Catholic priests being celebate is also a man-made rule. It was made so that the church wouldn't have to support the families of the priests. St Peter was married, and many of the early Christian leaders were also married. I think that the wife of a clergyman has an important role to play. I've known some really fine wives of the protestant clergy who have really been a help to their husbands, and to the congregations they served. There is no earthly or spiritual good that comes from priests being unable to marry and have a family.

I heard that celibacy was introduced in order to save the real property (houses and stuff) of the priests for the church. If they were married, the family could inherit those after their death and the church wouldn't. So that's why they changed the rules about it! :shocked: At least that's what I heard about celibacy here in Bavaria. Still can't really believe it, even though I heard it years ago...

Edited by southeast

I KNEW this would have been a looooongly debated topic. couldn't be any different and it's totally to understand. :thumb_yello:

I wish I had his faith... :blink: I certaintly agree with several of the things he said, but I strongly detest the word Tolerance: Acceptance is SO much better.

sorry, mika :wink2:

I heard that celibacy was introduced in order to save the real property (houses and stuff) of the priests for the church. If they were married, the family could inherit those after their death and the church wouldn't. So that's why they changed the rules about it! :shocked: At least that's what I heard about celibacy here in Bavaria. Still can't really believe it, even though I heard it years ago...

Can you imagine how hard it would be if someone wanted to change these "rules"? :boxed:

Luckily you can choose nowadays, but in the past your family could force you to become a priest or a nun. That was really sad, especially if you wanted a family.

I certaintly agree with several of the things he said, but I strongly detest the word Tolerance: Acceptance is SO much better.

I agree but I think going from intolerance to acceptance is a two-step process and society has to pass through a phase of tolerance before moving on to acceptance. I think when you're talking about the Catholic church, tolerance is a good place to start and certainly a vast improvement on the existing situation.

I agree but I think going from intolerance to acceptance is a two-step process and society has to pass through a phase of tolerance before moving on to acceptance. I think when you're talking about the Catholic church, tolerance is a good place to start and certainly a vast improvement on the existing situation.

true. but I just HATE that I have to tolerate you cause I feel I'm better than you pov. it may be a detail, but I think it's a substantial detail :boxed:

I see where you come from and it's reasonable. still, in year 2010 going 2011, I feel acceptance should be granted to everyone. :boxed:

Can you imagine how hard it would be if someone wanted to change these "rules"? :boxed:

Luckily you can choose nowadays, but in the past your family could force you to become a priest or a nun. That was really sad, especially if you wanted a family.

Yes, I know, I have read Manzoni's I promessi sposi and the story of the girl that has to become a nun is really heartbreaking...

But why can't they change them if they have nothing to do with religious issues whatsoever... Oh, well, I am too naive for all that but I don't think we will see any big changes in the church in our times.

I will take you to Westminster Abbey. It is in the top 3 must-sees for London.

And the bells of St. Paul bounce and echo over the surrounding buildings and make the most spectacular sound. You can climb up into the perfectly round dome and hear what people are whispering on the other side due to the acoustics. You can also climb further up onto the roof outside and see the entire city and Westminster from there. There are relatively few buildings over 6 storeys in London so the churches still tower over most others.

I love the churches in Europe because of their role in society and history over the centuries. They were at least as influential as the government, if not more so, in the running of the country and in people's daily lives.

Oh wow, that sounds amazing! :fangurl:

in spain,every year,all spanish do a "declaration of our incomes" (declaración de la renta in spanish,i don´t know how to translate it) as we pay taxes in everything we buy,then,when you do that declaration,and the government sees you have paid all the taxes and you earn few money,they bring back to you that money. well,in that declaration you have to fill in a box with your bank account,or just put an X in the box which says "FOR THE CHURCH". i don´t know ANYONE who puts the X in that box.... and i´m pretty sure that it will disappear in the coming years...

we have to pay A LOT if we want to marry in a church (the more "cool" the church is,the more expensive)... when i baptized my son,they give you a paper which says.... "YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE WITH MONEY IF YOU WANT TO. 30€ IS THE MINIMUM" :boxed::boxed:

I can tell you some people who do put the cross in the box to pay....my parents, without going any further :roftl:

I can tell you some people who do put the cross in the box to pay....my parents, without going any further :roftl:

OMG!!!! next time i think you need to talk to your parents..... explain them that mika is going to record his third album,and their money deserve to take the most of it if you spend it going to gigs :mf_rosetinted:

Oh wow, that sounds amazing! :fangurl:

She's right- those churches- and plenty of others in the UK are amazing. An old church I used to drive past ont eh way to work was built in 1090 or something like that. I stopped to have a look one day and it had a sign up saying "Unfortunately little of the original church remains- it was completely refurbished in the 12th Century" :roftl:

I don't think it was still in use, but many churches from that era are- my own church went to worhip in one last month and the sense of history does add something. Later that day we went on to Middlesbrough's new and very "modern art" catholic cathedral which looked like a cheap new clinic from the outside but was really striking inside

She's right- those churches- and plenty of others in the UK are amazing. An old church I used to drive past ont eh way to work was built in 1090 or something like that. I stopped to have a look one day and it had a sign up saying "Unfortunately little of the original church remains- it was completely refurbished in the 12th Century" :roftl:

I don't think it was still in use, but many churches from that era are- my own church went to worhip in one last month and the sense of history does add something. Later that day we went on to Middlesbrough's new and very "modern art" catholic cathedral which looked like a cheap new clinic from the outside but was really striking inside

oh! i´ve got a friend in middlesbrough!! where is that cathedral?? perhaps i´ll go to see it if i ever go to see my friend!! :teehee:

I can imagine. I love the architecture in the UK. It's very beautiful. :wub2:

My Uncle almost got forced into the priesthood. My Nana, who was an Irish Catholic, had 8 children, and it was accepted that at least one of the children would become a priest or a nun. That was standard practice in those kinds of families. At least one of the children would be "given to God".

But my uncle hated it at the college and came out. He went on to marry and have two lovely children.

My Uncle almost got forced into the priesthood. My Nana, who was an Irish Catholic, had 8 children, and it was accepted that at least one of the children would become a priest or a nun. That was standard practice in those kinds of families. At least one of the children would be "given to God".

But my uncle hated it at the college and came out. He went on to marry and have two lovely children.

in French Canadian history (which is mostly catholic), it was also common that one child would be either a priest or a nun AND one wouldn't marry to take care of the mother and father as they got older.

On both sides of my family, none of this happened for my grandparents, but i do recall a great uncle who didn't marry to take care of his mom & dad.

My great grandmother died at 99 and was still quite healthy. She used to say "oh it's ok, the young one will do it for me" .... the young one she was refering to was 80 yrs old :aah:

sorry, i am sooooooooooo :offtopic::biggrin2:

That's like the New Forest, which is actually 900 years old. :naughty:

Everything in Canada is truly new so I love seeing these buildings in Europe. I'm lucky that my local church is a neo Gothic Anglican cathedral and I can hear the bells from my loft. It's about as good an imitation as you're going to get in Canada, but it's still not Salisbury or even your local church, you know? :dunno:

That's like the New Forest, which is actually 900 years old. :naughty:

Everything in Canada is truly new so I love seeing these buildings in Europe. I'm lucky that my local church is a neo Gothic Anglican cathedral and I can hear the bells from my loft. It's about as good an imitation as you're going to get in Canada, but it's still not Salisbury or even your local church, you know? :dunno:

I love the old churches, the architechture is magnificent. Bath Abbey, Bristol and Salisbury Cathedrals, are stunning. I DO NOT like the new ones, like Clifton and Liverpool cathedrals, they are totally souless, and look more like concert venues than churches. Liverpool Metropolitan cathedral is even nicknamed "Paddys WigWam"

250px-Metropolitan_Cathedral_of_Christ_the_King_in_Liverpool_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1304.jpg

Looks more like something that fell off a space ship!:sneaky2:

I love the old churches, the architechture is magnificent. Bath Abbey, Bristol and Salisbury Cathedrals, are stunning. I DO NOT like the new ones, like Clifton and Liverpool cathedrals, they are totally souless, and look more like concert venues than churches. Liverpool Metropolitan cathedral is even nicknamed "Paddys WigWam"

250px-Metropolitan_Cathedral_of_Christ_the_King_in_Liverpool_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1304.jpg

is that a church?????:shocked:

oh dear :no:

OMG!!!! next time i think you need to talk to your parents..... explain them that mika is going to record his third album,and their money deserve to take the most of it if you spend it going to gigs :mf_rosetinted:

I've spent my whole life trying to make them "see the light" :roftl: but I guess that when you come from a long line of full-on Catholics, it's hard. It was very hard for me to break free and be accepted as an atheist; It took a lot of blood and tears.

As much as I disagree with what goes on inside them, I love churches in teh architectonical sense. They are beautiful, and I love the atmosphere in them too. Churches in the UK are especially pretty in my opinion.

in French Canadian history (which is mostly catholic), it was also common that one child would be either a priest or a nun AND one wouldn't marry to take care of the mother and father as they got older.

On both sides of my family, none of this happened for my grandparents, but i do recall a great uncle who didn't marry to take care of his mom & dad.

My great grandmother died at 99 and was still quite healthy. She used to say "oh it's ok, the young one will do it for me" .... the young one she was refering to was 80 yrs old :aah:

Oh my, this made me lol: