How do you feel right now? part 4

Dark Angel

This might be the wrong place but I just want to vent\say s**t about life atm

So I've been living this area over a year now and still feel like I haven't made any life for myself I had a contract job but since that ended in July it's been impossible to find anything even tho I have a degree and experience, out of work I haven't made any friends and I just feel lonely esp seeing how many things my dad and Josie (his wife) seem to do yet there's hardly anything for my age. This probably doesn't help that in the new year I went to my mum's and saw all my friends so it just makes me realise how lonely my life is now .

I have found two activities one which I started this week and one next 

I've started looking at live in Jobs as I can't find my area but after hearing back from one sorta I now feel stressed that I'll go though all this again and having to move immediately, I know that's what life is.

I know it's just my anxiety and overthinking everything but I kinda feel stupid now as I'm just starting to find things here but thinking of leaving 

Again sorry for my rant 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

So I've been living this area over a year now and still feel like I haven't made any life for myself I had a contract job but since that ended in July it's been impossible to find anything even tho I have a degree and experience, out of work I haven't made any friends and I just feel lonely esp seeing how many things my dad and Josie (his wife) seem to do yet there's hardly anything for my age. This probably doesn't help that in the new year I went to my mum's and saw all my friends so it just makes me realise how lonely my life is now .

I've started looking at live in Jobs as I can't find my area but after hearing back from one sorta I now feel stressed that I'll go though all this again and having to move immediately, I know that's what life is.

I know it's just my anxiety and overthinking everything but I kinda feel stupid now as I'm just starting to find things here but thinking of leaving 

Again sorry for my rant 

I wish that the changes that you fear now will bring only positive things into your life and that after a few years you will be able to say to yourself "it was the best thing that could have happend to me ". I keep my fingers crossed for you.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

Again sorry for my rant 

I do think that if you live somewhere rural, remote or nowhere near a city it is harder to find work, especially if you're looking for more unique jobs that tie in with whatever degree you did. I graduated 2017 and I'm still looking for something that would suit me in my area, but I live in a tiny town with very little job opportunities (the pandemic didn't help either 🙃). It's frustrating because I put so much effort into studying and getting a heck of a lot of experience through voluntary work too. Without a car (yet) I can't really look too far away from home either.

In the past I've thought to myself "why did I put myself through that?" and "What's the point?", I wouldn't know if you ask yourself these questions too and yes it gets you down, I've been there and I still get feelings of loneliness too. For me this year I've realised that it's the choices I make that are going to get me somewhere, I can't just sit idly and hope something will just magically come my way. 

My New Year's resolution is to be more positive and go out and find my own opportunities, one start for me is that I've already written down a small business plan to sell homemade crafts. It's a small idea, still has risks too but it's the determination I have that's keeping me going.

This is quite a rant too, sorry! 😅  But I hope for you too @BeccaStardust that whatever choice you make or whatever opportunity comes your way, that it works out well for you and that you won't regret it and just enjoy doing something you love!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I do think that if you live somewhere rural, remote or nowhere near a city it is harder to find work, especially if you're looking for more unique jobs that tie in with whatever degree you did. I graduated 2017 and I'm still looking for something that would suit me in my area, but I live in a tiny town with very little job opportunities (the pandemic didn't help either 🙃). It's frustrating because I put so much effort into studying and getting a heck of a lot of experience through voluntary work too. Without a car (yet) I can't really look too far away from home either.

In the past I've thought to myself "why did I put myself through that?" and "What's the point?", I wouldn't know if you ask yourself these questions too and yes it gets you down, I've been there and I still get feelings of loneliness too. For me this year I've realised that it's the choices I make that are going to get me somewhere, I can't just sit idly and hope something will just magically come my way. 

My New Year's resolution is to be more positive and go out and find my own opportunities, one start for me is that I've already written down a small business plan to sell homemade crafts. It's a small idea, still has risks too but it's the determination I have that's keeping me going.

This is quite a rant too, sorry! 😅  But I hope for you too @BeccaStardust that whatever choice you make or whatever opportunity comes your way, that it works out well for you and that you won't regret it and just enjoy doing something you love!

It probably doesn't help that I went from somewhere quite urban to somewhere very rural and while the town is a good size it's still a struggle, places say they want people and I have the expanded and degree (in 2020) I'm the same car wise too 

I do sometimes wonder if it was worth getting a degree as I feel places think I'm too skilled, ingave thought about doing my own business but it's very difficult to set up a catering business since you need the space and certificates to be allowed to cook/bake from home 

I'm trying to get out there more it's just a struggle (and UC isn't much help) and my new years is to find explore more both for work and general life 

The job I was worried about I declined as it's the other side of the country to me and realistically that's not what I want, but I do still want to try live in Jobs but just to the east more.

I'm sure we will both find things soon enough 

• Like 2

On 1/22/2023 at 9:08 AM, TinyLove_CJ said:

I've sold homemade crafts a few different times, first as a child then again later on after I had quit my retail job. I wanted to make a small business out of it then, but I eventually gave up. I started again in 2017, selling at flea markets, farmers markets and craft shows. A couple years ago when I wanted to get an online presence I tried to create a Facebook page. For some reason Facebook blocked my account before I could even make a post. I created a website, but haven't really gotten any traffic to it. Last year I created a Twitter account for my "business" and I still can't manage to get a single follower (I try using hashtags, I've recently tried tweeting  "@" people in hopes of getting noticed...nothing is working :sad:) I've tried creating a Facebook account again and it got blocked immediately after I signed up. They seem to think I'm creating a fake account. I'm requesting a review this time. This past year I had business cards at events, but I was only able to do 4 events and wind always seemed to be an issue and I'd have to tuck them away. I wasn't able to do any events during the Christmas holiday season because I can no longer afford the booth fees. I haven't bothered making anything new lately. I already have tons of products to sell and I don't have money to buy any new supplies. Like you said, it's determination that keeps me going.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Becky Blue Eyes said:

I've sold homemade crafts a few different times, first as a child then again later on after I had quit my retail job. I wanted to make a small business out of it then, but I eventually gave up. I started again in 2017, selling at flea markets, farmers markets and craft shows. A couple years ago when I wanted to get an online presence I tried to create a Facebook page. For some reason Facebook blocked my account before I could even make a post. I created a website, but haven't really gotten any traffic to it. Last year I created a Twitter account for my "business" and I still can't manage to get a single follower (I try using hashtags, I've recently tried tweeting  "@" people in hopes of getting noticed...nothing is working :sad:) I've tried creating a Facebook account again and it got blocked immediately after I signed up. They seem to think I'm creating a fake account. I'm requesting a review this time. This past year I had business cards at events, but I was only able to do 4 events and wind always seemed to be an issue and I'd have to tuck them away. I wasn't able to do any events during the Christmas holiday season because I can no longer afford the booth fees. I haven't bothered making anything new lately. I already have tons of products to sell and I don't have money to buy any new supplies. Like you said, it's determination that keeps me going.

Have you tried eBay or Etsy?  They are platforms designed for selling.

11 hours ago, Becky Blue Eyes said:

I don't like the fees.

What about ko-fi? No listing fees, just 5% commission on sales or 0% if you do decide to pay for gold membership.

People can just send you tips too and all tips are 100% yours!

I'll probably use ko-fi to start out with and if all goes well I might consider Etsy in the future.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

What about ko-fi? No listing fees, just 5% commission on sales or 0% if you do decide to pay for gold membership.

People can just send you tips too and all tips are 100% yours!

I'll probably use ko-fi to start out with and if all goes well I might consider Etsy in the future.

I am using Redbubble but it's just for photo edits so only royalties to get.

But at least no direct fees. You upload your photo and it's done. Then once a month they send you money on PayPal account with royalties from sold items.

Now I started a new YouTube channel for DIY tutorials. I created as well FB page connected to YT and I would like to try to sell via FB. I have to create a base of followers and it will take time. For the moment I concentrate on recording tutorials.

One thing - it's not my main source of earning money so no stress if it goes slowly.

• Like 2

Keeping this thread on topic... 

Not in a good head space right now 😔 

If someone you know is struggling, a friend or family member, please PLEASE check in on them. If you notice that their behaviour has changed, even in just the slightest way, it could be a sign that something is wrong. A simple message or text asking how they are could mean everything to them on a bad day. Or you know pick up the phone and actually call them?! (people still do that right?)

Just let your friends know they're loved, please. 

I am ok, in the sense that I'm not in a crisis or anything like that, I can't give context but I just wanted a safe place to say something because of something a friend told me today, and it's been a lot to take in.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

38 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

If someone you know is struggling, a friend or family member, please PLEASE check in on them. If you notice that their behaviour has changed, even in just the slightest way, it could be a sign that something is wrong. A simple message or text asking how they are could mean everything to them on a bad day. Or you know pick up the phone and actually call them?! (people still do that right?)

I am ok, in the sense that I'm not in a crisis or anything like that, I can't give context but I just wanted a safe place to say something because of something a friend told me today, and it's been a lot to take in.

Thank you CJ, and I'm sorry for whatever has happened with your friend. You are loved. ❤

I Love You Hug GIF by RainToMe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

You're in a safe place here :hug: and I'm sorry about what happened to your friend or someone your friend cares about :itsok: Sending you and your friend lots of love   :huglove:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I am so so sorry to hear that, I hope everything will be ok :itsok:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2023 at 7:50 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Only just seen thing but sending you (and your friend ) love hope your okay 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

So I've finally got a job today, It's a chef job at a UK resort (Butlins if you know it) and is live in 

I'm nervous bit also happy about it 

I'm moving away bit fortunately my aunt lives in the area so at least I have someone if I need it

Congratulations!!!  Good luck with your new job, I'm sure it will be a great opportunity for you 🙂

Butlins is the place with Red Coats right? I've never actually been to one myself 😅

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BeccaStardust said:

So I've finally got a job today, It's a chef job at a UK resort (Butlins if you know it) and is live in 

I'm nervous bit also happy about it 

I'm moving away bit fortunately my aunt lives in the area so at least I have someone if I need it 

That's great news Becca, well done! :cheer:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Congratulations!!!  Good luck with your new job, I'm sure it will be a great opportunity for you 🙂

Butlins is the place with Red Coats right? I've never actually been to one myself 😅

Thanks and It is yes 

I've only been to one once I normally went to pontins when I was you get 

• Like 2

Currently feeling relieved that one of my worries has got a lot lighter, still not 100% gone away, but I'm happier today compared to 5 days ago when I made my last post here! 😊

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Currently feeling relieved that one of my worries has got a lot lighter, still not 100% gone away, but I'm happier today compared to 5 days ago when I made my last post here! 😊

Happy for you :original: Take good care :hug:

Season 10 Hug GIF by Friends

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

So first few training days and I'm kinda frustrated, the company as a whole I like and want to stay it's just my department

So there's been general training in morning with about 40 people then the afternoon is meant to be more specific in your department

But both yesterday and today he just sent us home and has barely told us where we'll be or anything, 

All we know is it's one of the two hotel restaurants but haven't even looked round them 

Don't even know our Rota properly yet (other then this week but that's mostly training) and I know most other departments have 

I feel like he ethier doesn't care and we're being made to feel like a burden 

I get jobs do throw you in the deep end often but it's normally more organised then this 

Part of me wants to change departments I'm feeling so stressed and frustrated 

Maybe I'm just tired but I just needed some where to vent and ask if I'm being stupid for expecting information 

• Sad 3

34 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

So first few training days and I'm kinda frustrated, the company as a whole I like and want to stay it's just my department

So there's been general training in morning with about 40 people then the afternoon is meant to be more specific in your department

But both yesterday and today he just sent us home and has barely told us where we'll be or anything, 

All we know is it's one of the two hotel restaurants but haven't even looked round them 

Don't even know our Rota properly yet (other then this week but that's mostly training) and I know most other departments have 

I get jobs do throw you in the deep end often but it's normally more organised then this 

Maybe I'm just tired but I just needed some where to vent and ask if I'm being stupid for expecting information 

i can't exactly give job advice as i am really young- ( if i do say so myself) 

this guy seems really unbothered, i cant lie (sorry if this sounds rude) can you speak to anyone in a higher working position to address your worries? 

but i hope things get better, things can seem more harder or irritating at the beginning but get better with time not quite sure if it the same with jobs though. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I'm currently feeling rather excited about something! :excite:

But I can't really say what about until next Tuesday... 👀 

Well its not a leap year, so that's one option down. 😁 Hmm... 🤔

• Haha 2

On 2/16/2023 at 12:05 AM, BeccaStardust said:

Hi :bye:

Any serious work place trains people seriously and do ask to change departments (just make sure the training is serious there) :thumb_yello:

The problem comes from the unprofessional people who get paid to train you but don't do their job. But be sure they take the extra money they are given :angry: The same happened to me and I was mad at the teacher who got paid to train me but "allowed" me to attend his normal classes just like a regular pupil ( as if I had never been a pupil myself :doh:) I was mad at him but I had no choice....be sure the problem doesn't come from you :itsok: Good luck in the new department :huglove:

• Like 1