How do you feel right now? part 4

Dark Angel

1 hour ago, Tunde Pfeffer said:

So "any medicine they give you, you're taking"? From the Mika song... :-) I'm sorry about the filling, tooth ache is one of the worst kind of pain. I hope you get better soon. But what's "razzin"? 

I think she was just politely not swearing :badword:

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tunde Pfeffer said:

So "any medicine they give you, you're taking"? From the Mika song... :-) I'm sorry about the filling, tooth ache is one of the worst kind of pain. I hope you get better soon. But what's "razzin"? 

Sorry, I sometimes forget we're an international group and not all pop culture references are widely known. Razzin frazzin (or rassin frassin) were used as polite swear words for frustrated cartoon characters in some old cartoons. See Muttley (of Dick Dastardly/Wacky Races fame) and Yosemite Sam, a grizzled cowboy on the losing end of battles with Bugs Bunny. 

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Hero said:

Sorry, I sometimes forget we're an international group and not all pop culture references are widely known. Razzin frazzin (or rassin frassin) were used as polite swear words for frustrated cartoon characters in some old cartoons. See Muttley (of Dick Dastardly/Wacky Races fame) and Yosemite Sam, a grizzled cowboy on the losing end of battles with Bugs Bunny. 

Oh, I see. I thought that frazzin meant swearing, but I didn't know that "razzin frazzin" is an expression. I thought it was just some slang.  Thank you for explaining this to me. :D In hungarian Muttley's name was "Mardel". I don't even mention Harry Potter with all the names. Even Dallas, we didn't have Sue Ellen, we had Samantha, and instead of "J.R. Ewing", we had "Jockey Ewing". :D 

Edited by Tunde Pfeffer
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tunde Pfeffer said:

Even Dallas, we didn't have Sue Ellen, we had Samantha, and instead of "J.R. Ewing", we had "Jockey Ewing". :D 

Love Dallas! Never knew the names were changed for international releases, Jockey Ewing is such a great name! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tunde Pfeffer said:

Oh, I see. I thought that frazzin meant swearing, but I didn't know that "razzin frazzin" is an expression. I thought it was just some slang.  Thank you for explaining this to me. :D In hungarian Muttley's name was "Mardel". I don't even mention Harry Potter with all the names. Even Dallas, we didn't have Sue Ellen, we had Samantha, and instead of "J.R. Ewing", we had "Jockey Ewing". :D 

Oh "Who shot Jockey?" just doesn't sound right. :naughty:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Hero said:

Ow ow OUCH!!! Owowow ow ouch ow. 

Razzin frazzin dentist messed up a filling. :banghead:I'll be living on painkillers until Monday. :crybaby:

I'm so sorry to hear this. :hug:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Love Dallas! Never knew the names were changed for international releases, Jockey Ewing is such a great name! :lol:

They thought that for Hungarians JR and Sue Ellen is such a strange name and wouldn't have remembered it. It was another time. :D 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

At least it wasn't changed to Jimmy! :teehee:

They wouldn't have dared to change Jimmy because we had a musician named Jimmy Zambo, who was referred to as "King" (I've never liked his music but for Hungarians he was the King of Music or something like that. He later committed suicide with a gun.).

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Tunde Pfeffer said:

They wouldn't have dared to change Jimmy because we had a musician named Jimmy Zambo, who was referred to as "King" (I've never liked his music but for Hungarians he was the King of Music or something like that. He later committed suicide with a gun.).

So Jimmy shot Jimmy? 

Theres a joke in there somewhere. This sounds like a job for @TinyLove_CJ. :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Tunde Pfeffer said:

I just googled "Jimmy slang meaning" and was surprised :D:D Jimmy to my Jaw, I see. Mika, you naughty little thing. :D 

Until the song discussion thread, I didn't know the slang either. Listening to Mika is educational. :yes: :mf_rosetinted:

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Hero said:

Until the song discussion thread, I didn't know the slang either. Listening to Mika is educational. :yes: :mf_rosetinted:

Not sure if I want this education. :lmfao:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Prisca said:

Not sure if I want this education. :lmfao:

As  @dcdeb  would say it's edu-tainment! Both educational and entertaining :teehee:

3 hours ago, Hero said:

So Jimmy shot Jimmy? Theres a joke in there somewhere.  This sounds like a job for @TinyLove_CJ. :facepalm:

Me creating bad jokes?! About two Jimmy's? 

Think I met them in a bar once.... :naughty:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

As  @dcdeb  would say it's edu-tainment! Both educational and entertaining :teehee:

Me creating bad jokes?! About two Jimmy's? 

Think I met them in a bar once.... :naughty:

You met two Jimmy's in a bar? 

What kind of bar was this? :lmfao:

• Haha 2